• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I'm considering to ctb using the Carbon monoxide(CO poisoning) method.
I'll start looking for a gas powered generator and use it possibly in my car or a tent in the woods during the winter. I'm aware generators can be very loud but they can produce a lot of CO reaching up to 10,000 PPM.
I've got a couple of questions before I do this:

1) Modern generators come with built-in safety sensors that would cause the generator to shut down when dangerous amount of CO is detected. How can I make sure to disable/modify those sensors?

2) Do I have to look for a generator having specific specs, or I can just buy any generator I find?

3) Do you think a carbon monoxide meter is necessary for this?

Last edited:
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
I am curious but also- is there a way to do this without risking hurting anyone around you or who happens to be near, like an animal or a kid wandering by or a firefighter or something?

RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Heya.

Why not do the charcoal method? Less conspicuous. Also, easier than trying to figure out how to disable a generator's safety mechanism.

EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
instead of looking for a generator w/o the safety measures you'd probably be better off with searching for an older car without a catalysator. Instead of this you could use charcoal as well. Either way if you're going for CO I'd highly recommend a CO meter to check the concentration in the air.

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I am curious but also- is there a way to do this without risking hurting anyone around you or who happens to be near, like an animal or a kid wandering by or a firefighter or something?

I'll be doing this in the woods during early winter maybe early spring.
In terms of hurting animals, I'll do my best to stay away from them.
Heya.

Why not do the charcoal method? Less conspicuous. Also, easier than trying to figure out how to disable a generator's safety mechanism.

I'm considering the charcoal method as well.
However, I read that gas powered generators tend to produce more CO and they tend to be more effective.
I'm a bit concerned about charcoal in case if it melts my car/tent or cause fires/explosions.

Last edited:
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
I'll be doing this in the woods during early winter maybe early spring.
In terms of hurting animals, I'll do my best to stay away from them.

Wasn't trying to come across as patronizing or judgmental...it was more just a general question because I am paranoid about bystanders getting hurt

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
instead of looking for a generator w/o the safety measures you'd probably be better off with searching for an older car without a catalysator. Instead of this you could use charcoal as well. Either way if you're going for CO I'd highly recommend a CO meter to check the concentration in the air.

Finding a CO meter that measures up to 10,000 PPM is a bit challenging.
Would the cheap meters from ebay do the trick?
Wasn't trying to come across as patronizing or judgmental...it was more just a general question because I am paranoid about bystanders getting hurt
No worries!
I absolutely understand and I totally agree with you!
I'm concerned about the same thing as well.

EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
Finding a CO meter that measures up to 10,000 PPM is a bit challenging.
Would the cheap meters from ebay do the trick?

No worries!
I absolutely understand and I totally agree with you!
I'm concerned about the same thing as well.
Honestly I would not rely on the cheap meters. To get a reliable CO meter you should spend a few hundred €. It's a great amount of money but I've come to the conclusion that precisely measuring the air concentration is key to the whole method. If you fail to hit the right concentration levels you'll end up passing out (after experiencing severe headaches and nausea) and might damage your brain permanently.

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Honestly I would not rely on the cheap meters. To get a reliable CO meter you should spend a few hundred €. It's a great amount of money but I've come to the conclusion that precisely measuring the air concentration is key to the whole method. If you fail to hit the right concentration levels you'll end up passing out (after experiencing severe headaches and nausea) and might damage your brain permanently.

Thank you!
I've ordered an expensive meter that measures up to 10,000 PPM.
The meter itself costed more than the gas generator.
I don't mind spending the extra money, as long as I find peace using a reliable method by following the instructions carefully.

T

TheWhiskyTheLiar

Sep 18, 2020
Does anyone have a step by step for the coal method?

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Can you do a test and post the results?

russlinjimmies

russlinjimmies

Feb 21, 2021
Does anyone have a step by step for the coal method?