• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Fgtexican

May 13, 2019
I'm curious and getting lost in the threads. I'm wondering if 32 oz. of formic acid to 16 oz. of sulphuric acid is enough when I build my COGENS.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I may not be able to answer your question, but we would need to know the concentrations of both to provide an accurate response.

Reactions: Fgtexican and memento_mori
F

Fgtexican

May 13, 2019
My formic acid is 95%
I just ordered the sulphuric and it is 95-98%

F

Fgtexican

May 13, 2019
I'm going to use this as my notepad.
I've now read it's
150ml or 10.25(rounded up) oz. formic acid
300ml or 20.50 oz.(rounded up) sulphuric acid

So I'll be needing at least 40 oz container made of glass for the large jar
A 12 oz container of glass for the small jar
Chemical resistant gloves
A pair of metal tongs to place the small jar within the large jar

Next I will figure out how much tubing I will need. I'm planning on setting the COGEN up near my bed but not too close so I don't knock it over.

Also the washing station, not sure what size to use yet, but pix I've seen look like a 2 gal container

Last but not least, the mask.

I'll also be using a couple bottles of Zquil.

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
I'm going to use this as my notepad.
I've now read it's
150ml or 10.25(rounded up) oz. formic acid
300ml or 20.50 oz.(rounded up) sulphuric acid

So I'll be needing at least 40 oz container made of glass for the large jar
A 12 oz container of glass for the small jar
Chemical resistant gloves
A pair of metal tongs to place the small jar within the large jar

Next I will figure out how much tubing I will need. I'm planning on setting the COGEN up near my bed but not too close so I don't knock it over.

Also the washing station, not sure what size to use yet, but pix I've seen look like a 2 gal container

Last but not least, the mask.

I'll also be using a couple bottles of Zquil.
Hi How exactly are you going to make the co gen? Have you looked at the gulps machine video on vimeo. ? Thanks

F

Fgtexican

May 13, 2019
Hi How exactly are you going to make the co gen? Have you looked at the gulps machine video on vimeo. ? Thanks
Yes, that's what I'm using as my example to follow.
I've read where some have said a simple water wash isn't sufficient for the acid fumes, and where one person commented a vertical chamber stuffed with cotton would catch the fumes as they're moisture droplets containing the fumes. But that will still allow the CO to pass through.
I looked into doing a KOH wash, and I'm feeling that's more chemicals I'd have to acquire, and handle, so I'm foregoing that.

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hi gulps machine sounds good but doesn't explain it sufficently for me to try and make. I can't find step by step instructions for things like water wash. You sound more adapt. Be grateful for any help. Not sure it's safe to just mix them. Does make carbor M ok but not sure if fumes a problem. Thanks.

F

Fgtexican

May 13, 2019
Hi gulps machine sounds good but doesn't explain it sufficently for me to try and make. I can't find step by step instructions for things like water wash. You sound more adapt. Be grateful for any help. Not sure it's safe to just mix them. Does make carbor M ok but not sure if fumes a problem. Thanks.
Yeah I can't find step by step instructions either. I did receive my sulphuric acid yesterday. I'm tempted to order another 32 oz bottle. That way I know it'll produce a sufficient amount of CO, as I'll have a total of 64 oz of sulphuric acid and 32 oz of the formic acid.
I'll be looking into building my COGENS over the weekend. Hopefully I have something functional, and can get this over with soon.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
It doesn't have to be accurate to the T. Just as long as it's generally accurate.

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Thanks. I've watched gulps instructions few times. Will try and write it out. Think i could try it most difficult bit is making hole in jar lid. Says only small amount of acids 50 ml formic. 150 sulphuric . I presume because of this it has to be done via mask and not just in the room. Don't know how long it takes to work effects etc
. Are there any reports if ppl trying it. Thanks