I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
My purpose in life is to rescue as many animals as I can and have my own animal sanctuary. This will help with animal therapy as well as help and possibly house people who are struggling with disability (mental illnesses). But I'm so scared while on a rescue mission, traveling around the world, that i may miss few animals and resulting them in dying. It would be easy to know how many animals I'm supposed to rescue, like a game app, but there's no such information available when you're out on the field. I know this is my OCD and anxiety but it really upsets me to think I may miss a few.

Like what if the animal was injured or near death and can't ask for help. My life would be successful if I can make at least one animal breathe better.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Deleted member 1465, Roberto and 2 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
You say your life would be successful if you could make at least ONE animal better, so focus on that focus on one, then two then three and so on. Not everything in this world can be saved, some thing's are destined to end.
Saving just ONE though will make a massive difference, to them and to you. And if you can build from there, then respect to you

• Love
Reactions: I'm exhausted
I

I'm exhausted

Jul 12, 2019
You say your life would be successful if you could make at least ONE animal better, so focus on that focus on one, then two then three and so on. Not everything in this world can be saved, some thing's are destined to end.
Saving just ONE though will make a massive difference, to them and to you. And if you can build from there, then respect to you
Thank you.

I took in a stray cat about 15 years ago. I was living with my ex boyfriend. We broke up and I couldn't take the cat with me. Eventually I found out he took the cat to a shelter without telling me and it breaks my heart because what if the cat was put to sleep. What if the cat could have lived longer if I didn't take him in?

I rescued a puppy that was neglected and abused but had to be put to sleep because the puppy attacked a stranger that came over to taunt him.

My first cat, I was in second grade and we got her at a pet store. I didn't know about kitty Mills at that time. We also had her declawed which can cause pain and complications. But I can only cry thinking how much pain she could've been in.

We adopted four cats.

One winter night, I was still a kid, a baby squirrel came and was sick. I couldn't bring it inside so I made a little house but it eventually died. What if it wasn't warm enough or fed enough. I wish I knew to take it to the vet.

One night I found a dead bird. I'm pretty sure. I tapped to see if it would react. But what if it was just in so much pain it couldn't move at all? But stupid me thinking it was dead buried the bird. Then afterwards questioned myself what if it was still alive and I just buried it alive and even more in pain.

But my worst guilt is I was in A car when my ex was driving. I saw a raccoon in pain but on the street but before I could voice my concern he ran it over. It was night time so his defense was he thought it was garbage.

I can still remember the eyes of this raccoon and the eyes of my first cat when we had to put her to sleep because cancer just was relentless. She already had two surgeries and was old for another.

It really breaks my heart.

• Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
My purpose in life is to rescue as many animals as I can and have my own animal sanctuary. This will help with animal therapy as well as help and possibly house people who are struggling with disability (mental illnesses). But I'm so scared while on a rescue mission, traveling around the world, that i may miss few animals and resulting them in dying. It would be easy to know how many animals I'm supposed to rescue, like a game app, but there's no such information available when you're out on the field. I know this is my OCD and anxiety but it really upsets me to think I may miss a few.

Like what if the animal was injured or near death and can't ask for help. My life would be successful if I can make at least one animal breathe better.
Thanks for the things you do. Have a big hug.
Once I missed a kitten on the side of the road. And he did die. I saw the fur, months later. I heard him once, but after calling him, he stopped crying. Despite that, I saved another one in the same place.
The most important thing is to save pain to the animals. And give love, care to them. With just 1 you save in your life, heaven is for you. Sometimes I think like you : seeing the one I can't save. But other times, I look at the success of saving one in the past and I feel it's the correct point of view.

• Love
I

I'm exhausted

Jul 12, 2019
Thanks for the things you do. Have a big hug.
Once I missed a kitten on the side of the road. And he did die. I saw the fur, months later. I heard him once, but after calling him, he stopped crying. Despite that, I saved another one in the same place.
The most important thing is to save pain to the animals. And give love, care to them. With just 1 you save in your life, heaven is for you. Sometimes I think like you : seeing the one I can't save. But other times, I look at the success of saving one in the past and I feel it's the correct point of view.
Hi. Thank you for your kind words. You too have a big heart and thank you for rescuing animals. It really does hurt not being able to help these innocent, helpless beautiful creatures. I get so furious when I hear about animal cruelty which comes in so many different forms. I used to volunteer but now I can only act as an advocate and spread awareness and sign petitions and whatever proceeds I make from selling my art to animal rescue groups and no kill shelters. It really pains me to see how so many animals are treated unjust.

• Hugs
Reactions: Roberto
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019

What are you going to do with all these animals? It's a beautiful idea. I love cats. And I think they're most forgotten about because all people care about are dogs. And you have a wonderful heart. I hate this king about all the animals that are suffering right now. It makes me cringe. But what are you going to do with all of them? Did this idea make wanting to commit suicide stop?

Last edited:
  • Love
I

I'm exhausted

Jul 12, 2019
What are you going to do with all these animals? It's a beautiful idea. I love cats. And I think they're most forgotten about because all people care about are dogs. And you have a wonderful heart. I hate this king about all the animals that are suffering right now. It makes me cringe. But what are you going to do with all of them? Did this idea make wanting to commit suicide stop?
I'm on the fence. I really want to die but I really want to rescue animals but being an animal advocate, you're exposed to terrible stories and it makes me lose hope in humanity. Which then makes me want to die because it's such a disgusting world but at the same time if I can help push the ball rolling to the world that one day all animal cruelty will end then maybe it's worth living for. Taiwan is considering or have considered, forgot which one, to end euthanasia of animals after a vet killed herself for having to euthanize so many animals. I don't condone euthanasia unless the animal is really in pain and there's nothing, absolutely nothing can be done. But of course it has to be done humanely.
I think I wrote in my post that I want to rescue animals and have my own animal sanctuary. From there people can adopt after extensive background check because there's nothing worse to hand over a healed animal to an evil person. Also do animal therapy.

• Love
Reactions: Roberto