• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

fightingforchoice

Sep 14, 2023
I thought I'd just offer my experience with Psilocybin last night to see if anyone has experienced similar.

I have a list of 'things to try before you let yourself die'. As obviously I'd rather recover and live happily than CBT. A high dose mushroom trip was on the list.

I am fairly well seasoned with psychedelics, though I've been scared to do anything but microdose since falling into a deep depression at the start of this year in case it made me worse. Anyway, as things aren't lifting for me no matter what I do - I went in for it last night.

The first few hours were difficult, I felt like i was being (gently and kindly) told off by the mushrooms for wanting to die . I had SN on order and I cancelled it. I planned to confess to my family what I had planned, to apologise and say I was committed to getting better.

I then had a few blissful hours of 'normal'/ positive thinking - which I haven't experienced for months and months, since becoming depressed. My past was in the past, I saw how much I had to look forward to, I was overcome with gratitude with what I have going for me.

I've tried to reach this place on my own of course, but there's no way I could have got there without this intervention. It felt so good to sit back and have my brain be reset in this way without all the fight and the futile force.

What a relief.

Today has been rocky. I felt like my higher self has reminded me of the light that is there. But I've felt my old depressive and suicidal thinking trying to pull me back down.

Recovery is possible but i don't feel like I have the strength or courage to get there, after so long in the dark.

I'd love to know if anyone else has had any similar experiences, whether on psychedelics or not x

• Hugs
Reactions: poisonedminds, Pluto, secretsfromthecity and 1 other person
L

ljknljnlkjn

-
Oct 1, 2023
How are you doing now? I plan on trying exactly that next week. I tried it last week but didn't feel anything, probably dose was too low and my SSRI blocked it. I've taken a break from my SSRI this week and next week I plan on buying truffles and trying it again.

Reactions: poisonedminds
AloeGarten

AloeGarten

Cursed
May 14, 2021
ive done tons of psychs before, lsd, shrooms, dmt, salvia, 2cb but i only ever really used them recreationally. but the one ive done the most of is lsd, and ive had some insane realisations and shit on them, but nothing ever seemed to stick. i think shrooms are much better for the kinda stuff that you experienced, but i think the think the thing with psychs is that they can show you the path but youre the one that has to walk it. but if youre depressed, i know thats muuuuch easier said than done. if you plan to trip again, id look into how to intergrate the things you feel/learn from the trip

Last edited:
Reactions: poisonedminds
ToughTimes

ToughTimes

Jan 13, 2021
where do people buy Psilocybin and how do they determine dosage setting and so on. I also want to try it before CBT

Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
There is only a small amount of research on psilocybin And mental illness but what I've seen seems somewhat positive. A few years ago my cousin called me and said that he was feeling a lot better from his depression and he went on to explain that I would never guess what he did. He said that he did some Psilocybin and his Mood and life has been a lot better. Psilocybin not only has benefits for mental health but it also has anti addictive properties to it as in it can help with you quitting drugs I've heard of some people using it to help them quit smoking. I've never done it myself but this is just some of the things that I've heard

SorrowfulDrugUser

SorrowfulDrugUser

Professional Overthinker
Mar 25, 2023
I'm a little bit late to the post, but I absolutely adore LSD. Personally, Psilocybin hasn't really done a great job at being "therapeutic". At least to me, it hasn't, as it would be rather ignorant for me to deny it isn't therapeutic for others. I think for me I love the serotonergic properties of LSD hence why I prefer it over mushrooms, the "acid-stimmyness" if you will. I take it about every 2 weeks. I take approximately 300-500ug per trip. Let me tell you, it has been a lifesaver. Assuming you're not pre-disposed to severe mental illness like BPD, Mania, Schizophrenia, etc. I really couldn't encourage enough people give Psychedelic therapy a chance. Regardless if it's LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, etc. Find what works for you!

I think part of why I love it so much is that it's simply a different way of seeing things. Call me crazy all you want, but I really don't think what you experience on Psychedelic drugs are "hallucinations". Sure, scientifically, by definition, what we experience under these chemicals is what you'd call a hallucination. However, the way I see it, I think it's simply a different way of seeing this. For example, when I see my static wallpaper (I'll put a picture for reference) I absolutely adore staring at the cloudy, stunning landscape with vibrant colors. I love watching it come alive and move in perfect motion. LSD to me breathes life into lifeless (If that makes sense). But is it really a hallucination? Regardless if I'm on LSD (or any psych for that matter) the wallpaper is still there. It's simply the fact that LSD allows me to perceive the world around me in a unique fashion, hence why I love larger doses. Yes, I think micro-dosing can be helpful but to me, I like going balls-deep including seeing deep visuals. Microdosing personally doesn't necessarily allow me to get the full therapeutic experience. Ok, enough rambling.

Attachments

• wp5250055-anime-white-and-purple-landscape-wallpapers.jpg
    wp5250055-anime-white-and-purple-landscape-wallpapers.jpg
    882.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
feannagan

feannagan

Nov 7, 2023
This gives me hope. I've researched psychedelics for treatment-resistant depression, and they've been on my list to try. I've tried various therapies and medications, but nothing has provided sustained relief for more than a few months. I've experienced depression since childhood. Although I don't necessarily want to die, living this life has become unbearable. I've purchased LSD, yet I've been hesitant to try it due to fear of its effects. However, I'm considering starting with a microdose to gauge its impact. Psilocybin is a bit harder for me to source, but I wonder if it is also worth trying.