LunarLakes

LunarLakes

Jun 29, 2023
I was in the psych ward a few months ago and just now decided to take a look through my discharge folder. I had already eavesdropped at the ward and saw that the psychiatrist thinks I have cluster b personality traits (bro didn't bother to even try to get me properly and thoroughly diagnosed while I was in there) and I thought there would be a bit more of an explanation but nope, just put down that I have the traits and telling me to call the hotline if I feel suicidal again.

I'm still pissed that I expressed greatly that I was worried that I wasn't well enough to be discharged and they just didn't care because my insurance didn't think I was a risk to myself (didn't do enough apparently, just like usual lmao). I never ate more than a saltine cracker while I was there and they never even cared until my last day where they offered a meal replacement shake. I don't think someone who's refusing to eat is healthy enough to get discharged but I'm not the psychiatrist so what do I know ig.

It's weird to think that I actively tried to get help and they basically half assed my stay there because I "wasn't a harm to myself" and made me feel so invalid. I wonder if they'd regret not putting enough effort if they know what I'm going to do in a few months.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Lost-In-Time, Lost Magic and 4 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Yeah, some psych wards are shit, no one cares etc, I'm scared if I get put into one I'll be put into a shit one, that's what I hate, why can't they all me good

Reactions: Lost-In-Time
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not surprised that people like that acted in such a way, those people only care about money, they don't care about the suffering of other people.

Reactions: enough of this, Hollowman, Lost-In-Time and 2 others
jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
I was in several back in 2016. I had to get a trazadone shot. one of the nurses had me lie down on my stomach and injected it into my butt. when she was done, she slapped it and laughed with another nurse. so fucking degrading. sorry you went through that. they don't give a shit about anyone. just there to line their pockets.

saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
I was in several back in 2016. I had to get a trazadone shot. one of the nurses had me lie down on my stomach and injected it into my butt. when she was done, she slapped it and laughed with another nurse. so fucking degrading. sorry you went through that. they don't give a shit about anyone. just there to line their pockets.
the reactions on this site seem disingenuous and inappropriate to express how angry this makes me - I'm sorry you experienced this and humans are like that

lots of people that are in the Healthcare system shouldn't be there

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I actually tried to get myself into a psych ward after my mother died. I had a huge mental breakdown after my caring role was over and I felt so vulnerable and alone. However, they actually phoned me up to talk me out of it and just told me to utilize talk therapy shit. I did phone lots of hotlines at the time including the Samaritans for hours and days on end while blind drunk and full of drugs haha. They actually told me to stop phoning so much because I was taking up too much of their time (I probably was tbh). Anyway, rant over. I hope you actually get the proper help you need and not more BS.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LittleJem and saddestbunny
my_sundown

my_sundown

My Sundown.
Jan 17, 2023
I'm not surprised that people like that acted in such a way, those people only care about money, they don't care about the suffering of other people.
Agree, I haven't been, but sense your stay correlates with how long your insurance company will pay for. Funny how we mentally trained / convinced these places aren't a business and they care. They.don't.care.

Reactions: saddestbunny
YEAR2050

YEAR2050

All goes to waste.
Apr 8, 2023
sounds similar to what i've experienced in psych wards. they really do not care about the patients

Reactions: saddestbunny
O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
Psych wards should be illegal. I was once lied and told to go into one and said I could leave at anytime. Turned out to be bullshit. Before I got in, I said I wanted to leave, and they said they had to get permission from the head psychiatrist for me to leave.

Told them to fuck off and call him immediately. They ended up letting me leave but not until they called the head psychiatrist.

That's fucked up. That basically Perjury. If anyone else lied like, they would be locked up in jail.

Psych wards are involuntary jails.