• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I'm looking for some help with the dosage for propranolol before SN. I've read all the information I could find on SS. It looks like most people are going with 200mg or more. Would that be too much for someone with a lower resting heart rate? How much would 200mg drop the heart rate?

My resting heart rate when I'm relaxed is around 60 bpm, but it often fluctuates between 60's and mid 90's because of my anxiety.

I tested 10mg propranolol when my heart rate was 60 bpm and it lowered to 55 bpm. The next time I tried 20 mg, again when my heart rate was about 60 bpm, and it dropped to 46 bpm. Would taking much more propranolol make my heart rate uncomfortably low?

I should add that I take paroxetine, and I read that it increases propranolol's effectiveness.

Reactions: Dutchyala
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Your response to this drug seems pretty extreme compared to mine so I can't tell you how much to take, we are on our own here about this.

Reactions: Rue89
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Your response to this drug seems pretty extreme compared to mine so I can't tell you how much to take, we are on our own here about this.
Thank you. This is what I suspected, with everyone saying they're going to take these large doses I thought my reaction to propranolol might be different. Maybe it's because of the paroxetine. Looks like I do need a lower dose.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Swampy

Swampy

Antinatalist
Mar 7, 2021
Do you plan to mix it with the drink or take it before?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Thank you. This is what I suspected, with everyone saying they're going to take these large doses I thought my reaction to propranolol might be different. Maybe it's because of the paroxetine. Looks like I do need a lower dose.
I have no reaction at all to the 10 mg pills I have. But drugs usually have no effect on me for some reason. But the 800 mg recommended in the PPH is very high and would be vomited out before it could be absorbed probably. So much is unknown and just a guess.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I don't understand exactly how propranolol lowers heart rate. By that I mean will a certain dose lower the heart rate to a specific bpm no matter how high the heart rate is, or will it just lower the heart rate by a specific number of beats?

For example if my heart rate is at 80 bpm and I take 20mg propranolol will it drop it to around 46 bpm like it did when my heart rate was at 60 bpm, or will it drop it approximately 15 bpm to 65 bpm?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I don't understand exactly how propranolol lowers heart rate. By that I mean will a certain dose lower the heart rate to a specific bpm no matter how high the heart rate is, or will it just lower the heart rate by a specific number of beats?

For example if my heart rate is at 80 bpm and I take 20mg propranolol will it drop it to around 46 bpm like it did when my heart rate was at 60 bpm, or will it drop it approximately 15 bpm to 65 bpm?
It varies for each person. Best to do some experimentation with it first to see how your body handles it. People have wide variations in their heart rates.

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
It varies for each person. Best to do some experimentation with it first to see how your body handles it. People have wide variations in their heart rates.
I have 10mg from my doctor which at the start really lowered my heart rate but I ordered 40mg off an online pharmacy and they are much better at controlling a panic attack but my doctor won't prescribe the higher dose .

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
The drug interaction checker I used when I first got propranolol said it has a moderate interaction with paroxetine. Yesterday I looked at a bunch of other checkers and they all said it's a serious interaction, with paroxetine increasing propranolol's effectiveness. That's got to be why my reaction is so different.