N

Nickreading

Jun 25, 2020
So, I figure I'll post some contact info about some prominent opponents of Canadian MAiD. I want to be clear, don't harrass these people, but if you're Canadian and you want the right to die, these people have made themselves public figures and they're working against your rights. I suggest RESPECTFULLY letting them know how you feel about their efforts to "protect" you.

Up first, we got Sonu Gaind, professor of psychiatry at U of T and head of psychiatry at Sunnybrook hospital:

And his twitter:

Then there's Alicia Duncan, who said that she and her sister's advocacy was very influential in postponing MAiD for mental illness in this interview:

Here's her website:

I'll post more as I find more

Last edited by a moderator:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
God, people like her are so self-righteous it is unbearable. All they care about is making themselves feel good, they could care less about all of the systematic issues causing people to run to MAID in the first place. Even if MAID wasn't around, a lot of these people would likely just attempt to get the job done themselves, risking getting permanently injured or dying a horrible death in the process. It reminds me a lot of the pro-life movement surrounding abortion. The entire thing is just about having control over others. They scream and cry over people choosing to use MAID due to them suffering as a result of certain circumstances, yet they never discuss why is it that people even get to that point in the first place. Creating more social programs, making mental healthcare more easily avalible, creating more laws and policies to benefit Canadian citizens, especially those from marginalized communities (e.g. First Nations peoples), and more would probably do more to prevent this from happening. These people don't care about anything besides how they feel.

• Hugs
Reactions: permanently tired, UnluckyBastard and Downdraft
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Some people without experience are very fortunate to have all the answers.
Yeah for them and their promoting themselves.