SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I don't intend to invalidate the problems pro-lifers must also experience in this horrifying realm of existence, but whenever I've heard one speak I've never failed to be disgusted by the lack of empathy that they show. It's like they don't want to acknowledge that some peoples' lives are just full of misery and pain, day after day, comparable to that of someone in a torture chamber. People who restrict ctb methods, and who glorify mental institutions, assume that being sad or feeling pain is always a minor feeling that's been overreacted to. Unfortunately, the reality is that some lives are such hell that they couldn't even begin to comprehend just how horrific they are, and sometimes it just never gets better. Of course, everyone suffers to a great degree. But the suffering of some cannot even be dreamt of by the majority I see arrogantly preaching their drivel. As for those criticising the forum and calling its users murderers and sadists, I don't care much for those blinded by spiteful beliefs but the extent to which they choose not to understand never ceases to surprise me. I sometimes wonder if, deep down, they feel the same pain but choose to focus on the scarcity of happiness they've experienced. It's only when you run out of happiness entirely that you accept suicide.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: seulgibeqr, NoLoveNoHope, Unending and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me, those people are just so delusional, I mean they must be in order to be unable to see suicide as being the perfectly logical option that it is. It does disgust me how so many in this world are against the right to die and want to force others to suffer, the common attitudes towards suicide proves that this world is such a hellish place. Many people who exist here simply have awareness unlike them that life is unnecessary, harmful and where only suffering, decay and loss are inevitable. At least to me existence could never be worth enduring and I view it as always being preferable to not exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
YEAR2050

YEAR2050

All goes to waste.
Apr 8, 2023
ive always found it funny how you dont have a choice in being born into this world, yet society as a whole sees suicide as a taboo subject, and if you consider it, you are mentally ill. i cant even begin to imagine the logistics of it, but i would love to see euthanasia become more readily available to anyone, for any reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Well written.
It's like they don't want to acknowledge that some peoples' lives are just full of misery and pain, day after day,
They think if they acknowledge the pain, they will legitimize other person's suicidal ideation . A better way for them would be to acknowledge how awful the other person's life is and then try to make a well reasoned case for why he should still live.

Reactions: Archness
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Very well said. I feel that there is just this huge emotional disconnect that pro-life/anti-choice people have where their emotional investment in the idea that suicide is always wrong completely blinds them of what is often the real harsh truth of many suicidal people's situation. Of course not everyone is doomed and people recover, but some of us really do NEED a peaceful way out and only the future can tell what will happen, etc.

I always feel like using descriptive language is important when describing my situation or trying to change someone's mind to be pro-choice but I really don't know if anything can bridge that emotional disconnect except for real hard experience unfortunately. I really do feel like the severity of my mental illness can accurately be described as torture but can't help but worry that others will just find this dramatic.

I mean it's really horrible feeling like you're trying to convey the suffering to someone and they just can not understand how extreme it is. I am highly confident that if more people could feel this pain that some of us in extreme situations experience and then be informed how long it may go on with no end, many would change their stance on things such as euthanasia.

Another thing, people really can't see the difference between advocating for choice vs. advocating for suicide. It is really hurtful and vilifying when people will turn wanting everyone to have a choice into saying everyone should die. Very frustrating.

Reactions: epic