Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Just finished reading some brazilian article warning about the "dangers of euthanasia" and how it is "a way of disposing of sick people" disguised under the form of mercy and piety.
To be honest this kind of speech doesn't surprise me coming from a country that seems stuck in a mixture of middle ages and 19th century wild west.
A country that elected an ex army, evangelical church nutjob with an agenda similar to a 20th century fascist dictator.
Doesn't surprise me at all. Why? Because even here in Western Europe we still have the same kind of conservative propaganda, despite the loss of the Church's influence on people's opinions at least.
By telling old people that the doctors will be disposing of them whether they want to or not, these people are able to spread fake news and horrible misconceptions of what assisted dying really is.
I'm getting really sick of listening to these people trying to meddle in other's affairs and decisions. They really get on my nerves.
And this type of talk only makes me want to leave this place sooner.
It also makes want to do other things, but those would be inappropriate to speak about here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4288, FTL.Wanderer and Ἡγησίας