Kolanthel

Kolanthel

Oct 8, 2019
Can you request some sort of nondisclosure of your identity after death? I'd hate to have my name and picture broadcast on the news. I know I'll be dead but it still bothers me. Why do the police/coroner release this info to the press? SMH Last thing I want is other people's pity and be the talk of town.

Reactions: plotinus, AngelOfDeath01, hadenoughthanks and 2 others
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Unless you ctb in a very original way, it's a really slow news day, or you have an overbearing mother who loves getting attention from the media, it's more likely that it will be swept under the rug since mos suicides are no publicized.

Reactions: Fragile, welshie84, Stan and 7 others
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
I read quite some news about those who jump and their body was found, but their family (mom, next of kin, etc..) request to withheld their name due to they want privacy, and that was totally respect by the news by law. So the news said, a native of (this state) like native Texan jump down abc place, body was found, but name are not disclose by their next of kin request to not.

So really, depends on how your family, mom or whoever want your name to be say or not.

I don't have any immediately family, no next of kin, so I don't know if the news or state would publish my name. But what I do know is if I succeed jump down a 1,000 feet free fall hit concrete, then it going to take a while for them to find out who I am due to I probably be smash and I have NO next of kin to identify my body.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni, LastFlowers and not-2-b-the-answer
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Sometimes people go to another State/town so any news coverage isn't local ...... and it's not like anyone who just CTBs is going to make National news ....... not sensational enough.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
B

blackflag1

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
Probably the same reason so many people CTB off the New River Gorge Bridge in this area. The news is deliberately hidden unless they manage to get wind of it. Getting more common now as more jumps occure.

OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
I worry about my privacy after death as well to be honest. In fact I'd prefer it if my body was just buried swiftly and things moved right along with no funeral, memorial etc

Reactions: plotinus and hadenoughthanks
B

blackflag1

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
Put that in your note to let family or such know your wishes. Most will honor that many families do not really want to admit suicide to the public. Only a few families out there want to torture themselves making it public.

Reactions: AngelOfDeath01
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I worry about my privacy after death as well to be honest. In fact I'd prefer it if my body was just buried swiftly and things moved right along with no funeral, memorial etc
You don't have to have a funeral or even your name out in the paper. You don't have to have anything. Your requests can be just bring me to the oven and burn me.
No one is going to publicize your suicide in the paper. Reporters don't crowd around your house when this happens. Your family doesn't have to even put your obituary in the paper or have a service for you. I know this because a friend if the family died of an accidental overdose. He thought he was buying heroin but it was fentanyl. Doctors aren't authorized to tell anyone anything. police don't have to tell anyone anything. If your wishes are to be just brought to the oven and burned that is what will happen. That is what I'm going to do. There will be nothing in the paper or my death. No notices, no services, nothing like that. So as long as you leave in a note that you want total and utter privacy and your family follows your wishes, nothing should get leaked out. I know how you feel. I don't want to be the talk of the Town either, having people talk about my physical illness that I gave who don't even know about it and just get a fast glinpse of what is on line about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
You don't have to have a funeral or even your name out in the paper. You don't have to have anything. Your requests can be just bring me to the oven and burn me.
No one is going to publicize your suicide in the paper. Reporters don't crowd around your house when this happens. Your family doesn't have to even put your obituary in the paper or have a service for you. I know this because a friend if the family died of an accidental overdose. He thought he was buying heroin but it was fentanyl. Doctors aren't authorized to tell anyone anything. police don't have to tell anyone anything. If your wishes are to be just brought to the oven and burned that is what will happen. That is what I'm going to do. There will be nothing in the paper or my death. No notices, no services, nothing like that.
That's exactly what I'm requesting, hopefully my mother will respect that. She's the only one I can say it to.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet emotion
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
That's exactly what I'm requesting, hopefully my mother will respect that. She's the only one I can say it to.
Yes when I leave my note that is what I'm putting and I know that it will be followed to the letter.

Reactions: LastFlowers
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
Can you request some sort of nondisclosure of your identity after death? I'd hate to have my name and picture broadcast on the news. I know I'll be dead but it still bothers me. Why do the police/coroner release this info to the press? SMH Last thing I want is other people's pity and be the talk of town.
dont worry most cases that are reported yn the medya are of people who were hygh status/famous
hundreds of people commyt suycyde everyday the news would have to talk only about them yf thys was the case

Last edited:
hadenoughthanks

hadenoughthanks

wishing for an apocalypse
Oct 3, 2019
thought this was just me. makes me cringe to all the connversations that will be had about me, pictures and such.
Just wish I could dissapear!!!

Reactions: OnlyMercy
OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
thought this was just me. makes me cringe to all the connversations that will be had about me, pictures and such.
Just wish I could dissapear!!!
Thia is one of the primary reason I'm leaving a computer printed and brief but thoughtful suicide note. It inherently communicates the fact that my suicide would be a rational decision which is well planned and not a suddenly dramatic response to some emotional impulse.

Reactions: hadenoughthanks