amatherasu :-)

Student
Dec 21, 2023
It sometimes gets to 25° and makes me worries, though it is cooler most of the day and most days... Is SN at 25° fucked up? I dont plan to store it for long but it still worries me. Just wanna know if there is reason to worry about or not really.

A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
I wouldn't worry too much about that temp. Extreme heat or cold is not ideal but 25C is not an extreme temp. Try to just keep it in a cool. darker spot if it gets super hot out (back of closet, pantry, etc). Suggestions are to store SN at room temp (room temp around 55-75F aka 12-23C - being slightly over is fine if it is out of direct sunlight). The biggest storage issue is to avoid humidity/moisture, check the SN Stability info. People can and should definitely still test it before use regardless of how and where stored though to ensure it is pure enough.

Reactions: LondonVillie and LunarLight

Student
Dec 21, 2023
I wouldn't worry too much about that temp. Extreme heat or cold is not ideal but 25C is not an extreme temp. Try to just keep it in a cool. darker spot if it gets super hot out (back of closet, pantry, etc). Suggestions are to store SN at room temp (room temp around 55-75F aka 12-23C - being slightly over is fine if it is out of direct sunlight). The biggest storage issue is to avoid humidity/moisture, check the SN Stability info. People can and should definitely still test it before use regardless of how and where stored though to ensure it is pure enough.
OK, thank you!

I measure the temperature right where I have the SN stored and it also reachs 25° but not all the time , its ok anyway? And i cannot make it cooler...

And the humidity, how much of it would be too much?

Last edited:
A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Just keep it stored in the airtight packaging it likely comes in. If you do need to swap where you store it just make sure it is air tight, brief exposure to air is not going to make it deterioriate that quick so you can safely change from what it comes in to something else if you want. But the easiest thing is just keep it sealed until ready to test it right before usage.

Reactions: amatherasu :-)
cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
It sometimes gets to 25° and makes me worries, though it is cooler most of the day and most days... Is SN at 25° fucked up? I dont plan to store it for long but it still worries me. Just wanna know if there is reason to worry about or not really.
I run my air conditioning at 24c. The temperature here goes upto 40+c. Don't need to worry about it as long it's stored properly in a cool dark place.

• Love
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
This is a good question. I'd like to know definitively as well. Bumping

A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
This is a good question. I'd like to know definitively as well. Bumping
To which part? The question is answered already in this post but if wasn't covered in some way or expanded upon, just curious which part of it wasn't?

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
To which part? The question is answered already in this post but if wasn't covered in some way or expanded upon, just curious which part of it wasn't?
My reason for bumping was to see if there would be any more answers that line up with what's already been said (this is why I chose to use the word "definitively"). Someone may also know more about the specifics of the temperature effect on SN.

I've done a shit ton of research on SN, but storage is something I am not very knowledgeable about. I'm also personally curious about what happens if you store it at above average room temp (75f or 23c) for a long period of time, say around 85-93f (30-34c). I don't plan on keeping my SN long term, so it's not really a concern for me, but I am curious if it affects anything. I got my SN early-ish last month, and my home over the past month has been like an oven (no AC), and it'll continue to be for probably the next month or two. My SN is stored in the dark, as advised.

radar311

radar311

Sadness
Sep 13, 2024
My question is, can it be stored in minus degrees (-10°C)? I'd like to keep it in the car, but it's getting colder and colder outside.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
My question is, can it be stored in minus degrees (-10°C)? I'd like to keep it in the car, but it's getting colder and colder outside.
Apparently, you shouldn't.

Do not refrigerate or freeze curing salt.