makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I thought I'd share a few of my prayers:
On an average day, "End this please!"
On a medium day, " Please end this lord!"
On a hard day, " END THIS, END THIS NOW!"

As I have looked at many religious things, I like to use elements of each.
Something bad happens, I cross myself and state "It was unavoidable it was the will of Allah!"
Something good happens, I might use, "Thank you Jesus!" or "Thank you, lord Shiva!"
When someone crosses me, I pray, " Set the same cup before their lips as they have set before mine, measure for measure, and drop for drop. "My revenge prayer.
If something crazy occurs, " Lord Vishnu have mercy!"
If something super bad occurs, I say " MY dear God have mercy!"
So, as you can see, I am not too damn religious!

• Aww..
  • Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Finding Sirius, Traveler VII and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
There is no god, so in my mind praying is pointless. We are the product of nature that is part of us. The omnipresent God is the cosmos.

Reactions: koalahymm and RainAndSadness
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
There is no god, so in my mind praying is pointless. We are the product of nature that is part of us. The omnipresent God is the cosmos.
I figure if there is a God, there are a bunch of us that he just doesn't like, or he ain't there! How many people beg God to relieve them of suffering, and indeed, even life?
Yet, we continue to suffer.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Finding Sirius, Rational man and 2 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I figure if there is a God, there are a bunch of us that he just doesn't like, or he ain't there! How many people beg God to relieve them of suffering, and indeed, even life?
Yet, we continue to suffer.
There's no divine intervention nor retribution to reward the faithful or punish the sinners. People believe or are told that their suffering is the consequence of wrong doing. This delusional thinking just adds further pain and anxiety to a difficult situation. Humans are inherently suffering as life is a stuggle. Only it gets worse as people struggle to find their perfect utopia. Tragically, humans will continue to starve, di e in wars and delude themselves and others into believing that this world will become more loving and inclusive. Some people want to live forever. It's tragic to see 90year olds clinging to life and clinging to life support system's

Last edited:
Reactions: makethepainstop and Finding Sirius