• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
i just finished a bowl of popcorn a little bit ago. for most this is a small insignificant treat when watching a movie/tv.

but for me......

it brings up a whole lot of emotion....

when i was younger, i remember my (step) father in the kitchen with the pot on the stove, making popcorn.
starts off normal, right?
he fills a big bowl for him and my mother, and a smaller bowl for me.
which seems nice, right? my own personal bowl.

but...thats where the "normal" stops.....

he would then walk my bowl down to me in my room...alone...at the other end of the house....
then taking his bowl back to his room would eat and laugh and enjoy eating popcorn and watching tv with the rest of the famiy......without me.....(we didnt have a living room with a tv...the living room was the dining room)

a bowl of popcorn.....something so small and meaningless to most....
for me.....its a reminder of rejection...rejection from the people that were suppose to reject me the least.....
but i wasnt the wanted one......

please always remember...that no matter how small you think something is.....that it never really is that meaningless...that everything has meaning....even if you cant see it.......

😢😢😢

to you...it might be just a bowl of popcorn...but to me.....sharing with me means everything.............

🍿 would you like to share some with me??? add the emoji to your post (or just post it alone considering you cant react with it) 🍿💜

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, divinemistress36 and soulkitty
jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
I'm sorry that you went through that. Parents and guardians should be the first to share with their kids.

I totally get what you mean when you say nothing is ever meaningless. I have a necklace that has five pendants on it (I know, it's as annoying to wear as it sounds lol) and each one means the world to me because of where I got it.

I'd eat popcorn with you! 🍿🍿🍿

I hope you live to enjoy many future popcorn-eating sessions.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty and Life_and_Death