The_screaming_dawn

The_screaming_dawn

Dec 12, 2023
I am in a monogamous relationship. I love him he's great, fantastic even. This is the one relationship I haven't cheated. The sole reason? I actually like him.
Of course you'd think that liking someone would mean being able to be loyal right? Why is it every three months I get another crush on someone than him? You'd think you could Pavlov yourself, condition yourself to be mentally loyal but you can't. After five years of trying through various relationships you just can't.

The newest crush I began developing has cut contact with me since his friends don't like him. I don't believe he suspected anything (thank god). But I have not stopped thinking about this for four full days. I hate getting new attachments. I feel guilt eating at me every damn day. It's so suffocating. The only way I can tolerate the guilt is to be higher than shit. I hate this.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and astr4
FriesLovee

FriesLovee

Aug 23, 2024
Damn .
Do u actually cheat tho or can you stop yourself and break up before moving on from the guy?
If your gonna cheat maybe u should not be in a relationship to begin with imo

The_screaming_dawn

The_screaming_dawn

Dec 12, 2023
Damn .
Do u actually cheat tho or can you stop yourself and break up before moving on from the guy?
If your gonna cheat maybe u should not be in a relationship to begin with imo
This is the longest relationship I've had not cheating. About 9 months but the temptations are there. I hate the temptations.

FriesLovee

FriesLovee

Aug 23, 2024
Bruh I mean good for u but plz don't break people's heart like that lol

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
would you consider dating other poly people and then everyone is consenting and then there are no problems?

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
I would if I could find them.
this probably isn't the advice you're looking for but to me it kinda seems like dating these monogamous people only make you feel worse about yourself and who you are… there's nothing wrong with being poly but like… idk i don't think a gay person would be very happy in a straight relationship, so i can't imagine you're very happy in a monogamous one. i truly think being alone is better than being with someone who will never be able to love you fully, but ymmv.