• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

If peaceful pill suicide were readily available what do you think uptake would be?

• Less than 1%

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • 1% - 5%

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • 5% - 15%

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • 15% - 50%

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • 50% or more

Votes: 17 23.3%

• Total voters
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
If peaceful pill suicide were readily available what do you think uptake would be?
I would say about 20%. I think a lot of people would end their lives if the stigma was taken away and it was a free, painless choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmallKoy, divinemistress36, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I imagine that so many would just choose to die in an painless, guaranteed way if they had the ability to, to be able to just fall asleep eternally is all I wish for. To have the option to just peacefully die would be so incredibly relieving to me, it'd prevent all future meaningless and unnecessary suffering in this existence so undesirable.

Suicide is all that feels rational to me as I have no interest in being trapped in this futile existence for decades just to die in agony from old age. I'd always see peaceful, permanent non-existence as preferable especially as there are no disadvantages to being unconscious for all eternity yet there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they exist. I'd never wish for existence no matter what, having the ability to exist is an abomination to me.

Reactions: xxyinyangxx, darkenmydoorstep and ijustwishtodie
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think it would be 5%-15%. I'm not sure though

Reactions: Rocinante, darkenmydoorstep, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
At first I thought to vote 1% to 5% as I know that many people do love life and would rather want to live even in harsh conditions. However, I then decided to vote 5% to 15% as I think that one of the reasons why people are resilient is because a peaceful suicide pill isn't available. If it was, more people would take it. Also, a lot of old people would take it as well as they'd rather die peacefully than painfully. Additionally, many people do say that they love life which is probably true but you have to keep in mind that society is constantly lying to each other. People constantly lie in job interviews about being passionate for their job and staying in the same company for 10+ years when, in reality, they just want a paycheck. People constantly lie about their lives being perfection by trying to one up their friends and just people in social media in general by only taking pictures and posting the good parts of their life. People are also probably lying about how much they love life as well. Of course we don't know for sure but it's likely.

If a peaceful suicide pill were to be available, less people have to cope about life and can instead just peacefully leave existence. Older people taking the peaceful pill would also be more mainstream as their life is about to end anyway
I think it would be 5%-15%. I'm not sure though
I voted the same thing too

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, Forveleth, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It would correlate exactly to what the suicide rate is now.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Very low I think. Most people intuitively know they already can die quickly and painlessly in the home with usual household supplies.

The issue is the emotional side and being ready to CTB.

Wanting to die and actually carrying it out are not the same thing.

zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022
Very low I think. Most people intuitively know they already can die quickly and painlessly in the home with usual household supplies.

The issue is the emotional side and being ready to CTB.

Wanting to die and actually carrying it out are not the same thing.
quickly and painlessly? with usual household supplies? are you sure about that?

doubt it

Reactions: Talvikki, pthnrdnojvsc and M48 Patton
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
I disagree because it has to be the worst mental torture of all to be driven to do such drastic painful things so at the moment only the bravest and most tortured go.
At first I thought to vote 1% to 5% as I know that many people do love life and would rather want to live even in harsh conditions. However, I then decided to vote 5% to 15% as I think that one of the reasons why people are resilient is because a peaceful suicide pill isn't available. If it was, more people would take it. Also, a lot of old people would take it as well as they'd rather die peacefully than painfully. Additionally, many people do say that they love life which is probably true but you have to keep in mind that society is constantly lying to each other. People constantly lie in job interviews about being passionate for their job and staying in the same company for 10+ years when, in reality, they just want a paycheck. People constantly lie about their lives being perfection by trying to one up their friends and just people in social media in general by only taking pictures and posting the good parts of their life. People are also probably lying about how much they love life as well. Of course we don't know for sure but it's likely.

If a peaceful suicide pill were to be available, less people have to cope about life and can instead just peacefully leave existence. Older people taking the peaceful pill would also be more mainstream as their life is about to end anyway

I voted the same thing too
Yea this is similar to my thinking. I know some people are happy/okay with life and of course there are those who aren't but are scared of going to hell or have responsibilities. All things considered that's why I guess 20%.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I disagree because it has to be the worst mental torture of all to be driven to do such drastic painful things so at the moment only the bravest and most tortured go.
Well, I disagree with your disagreement and stand by what I said. People who feel the need to ctb always find a way no matter the risks, when they're ready. Making available easier methods won't change the rate one bit. The reluctance to go through with ctb is rooted more in fear of what comes "after", what it will do to loved ones, and thay pesky thing called hope that is extremely hard to quash. The idea of having an easier more reliable method seems like (one of) the most prevalent reasons here on SaSu because, well, this is where those kinds of things are talked about ad nauseum. Still, when it comes right down to it, even if the most easy and reliable method was laying at someone's feet, the "other" hinderances I already mentioned, along with other reasons not to go through with it, would show themselves front and center. If the rate (of suicide) changed at all, it would be insignificant.
You're entitled to think whatever you want, as am I. But, you're wrong.

floating_cloud

floating_cloud

fading
May 30, 2024
A lot would end it if a peaceful way was provided but doubt its half of the population would considering how most humans do indeed have a bigger desire to stay rather than leave

Reactions: divinemistress36
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
Well, I disagree with your disagreement and stand by what I said. People who feel the need to ctb always find a way no matter the risks, when they're ready. Making available easier methods won't change the rate one bit. The reluctance to go through with ctb is rooted more in fear of what comes "after", what it will do to loved ones, and thay pesky thing called hope that is extremely hard to quash. The idea of having an easier more reliable method seems like (one of) the most prevalent reasons here on SaSu because, well, this is where those kinds of things are talked about ad nauseum. Still, when it comes right down to it, even if the most easy and reliable method was laying at someone's feet, the "other" hinderances I already mentioned, along with other reasons not to go through with it, would show themselves front and center. If the rate (of suicide) changed at all, it would be insignificant.

You're entitled to think whatever you want, as am I. But, you're wron
A lot would end it if a peaceful way was provided but doubt its half of the population would considering how most humans do indeed have a bigger desire to stay rather than leave
Yes. I agree just wanted to give other options in the survey. I still think the percentage would be about 20% though. There are so many people who feel just as bad as we do on this site yet daren't voice it or feel it's taboo.

Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yes. I agree just wanted to give other options in the survey. I still think the percentage would be about 20% though. There are so many people who feel just as bad as we do on this site yet daren't voice it or feel it's taboo.
Im thinking around 20 % to

Reactions: Catch-22
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I honestly don't want to start any pissing contest, and I won't, but I truly feel that 20% is way too high. There's a great difference between wanting to ctb (nearly everyone has felt that at some point in their life), and needing to ctb, which, by itself, still isn't enough, IMO, to get someone over the huge hurdle to actually carry it out. The WHO puts the global average at just over 1 out of every 100 people, or about 1.3%. It's a pretty big leap to get to 20%. And counting attempts would skew everything, because we know some (many) are "half- hearted" attempts. We've seen that here on SaSu plenty of times. Of course this is just one person's opinions. You have yours, and I have mine, and that's ok. It keeps the world interesting.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I believe as long as this pro-life, religion dogma is still around. The uptake wouldn't be that big, i guess it would be 15% but this's just my random prediction, unless the world economy has go to the same conditioned as great depression, it will be bigger than 15%

Reactions: sserafim and darkenmydoorstep
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
I would say 20 to 25%

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
I honestly don't want to start any pissing contest, and I won't, but I truly feel that 20% is way too high. There's a great difference between wanting to ctb (nearly everyone has felt that at some point in their life), and needing to ctb, which, by itself, still isn't enough, IMO, to get someone over the huge hurdle to actually carry it out. The WHO puts the global average at just over 1 out of every 100 people, or about 1.3%. It's a pretty big leap to get to 20%. And counting attempts would skew everything, because we know some (many) are "half- hearted" attempts. We've seen that here on SaSu plenty of times. Of course this is just one person's opinions. You have yours, and I have mine, and that's ok. It keeps the world interesting.
But a lot of those half hearted attempts are because people lack knowledge and access to how to do it painlessly. It's a debate that will have to go unresolved until that scenario actually happens. And I don't it will ever happen, sadly. I'd love a world in which any adult could get what they feel they needed. Unfortunately too many others feel differently want to nanny others.
I believe as long as this pro-life, religion dogma is still around. The uptake wouldn't be that big, i guess it would be 15% but this's just my random prediction, unless the world economy has go to the same conditioned as great depression, it will be bigger than 15%
Yeah religion has a lot to answer for.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
One of the things that hold people back the most from CTB is the remorse they feel about how much pain their suicide will inflict on others. So if there was a magical pill that not only made you go away painlessly but also made it that you had never existed at all, we would be talking about 25% i think.

Reactions: CelestialDiana and darkenmydoorstep
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
Yes that would be the ultimate, wouldn't it?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
But a lot of those half hearted attempts are because people lack knowledge and access to how to do it painlessly.
And a lot of them aren't serious attempts at all, but only cries for help or attention.

T

ThisGameIsOverrated

I need RCs
May 6, 2024
I think it'd be a leading cause of death simply because most people would take em at old age rather than risk dying painfully but the amount of people taking them due to just being suicidal would probably be like 5%

Reactions: wCvML2
I

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
Maybe the lower class would slowly die out, and have a domino effect up to the middle class, upper class and elites.

I'm guessing most people with significant disabilities (estimated 1.3 billion), the homeless (150 million worldwide), elderly, actual slaves (estimated 50 million worldwide), people in North Korea (26 mill) ect end up taking the pill.

Low IQ me without much thought put into it would guess >50% would end up taking the pill

Last edited: