Do you follow the content of the people who want to shut down this forum?

• Regularly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Often

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Never

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I mean the posts of the anti-choice people on X (Twitter). I read them sometimes. They once screenshotted a post of mine. I ask myself what they think of me. Probably not much.

I am not sure whether they still discuss this forum on kiwifarms. Maybe someone else could answer that.

I am sure whether there are more people who regularly comment on this forum. One could argue the articles could count as newspaper coverage. I read some of the articles.

There are also Youtube videos. I never watched the Tantacrul video.

I go with the answer often because combined I am interested in meta talk about this forum. I was also pretty interested in the wikipedia article.

Reactions: lovedread
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
No, I don't follow the pro lifers but I want this place to be kept up.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No? Imo the only thing weirder than fixating on people you are against is fixating on people that fixate on you because they are against you.

Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash and Orange Cat
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
They don't want to shut down this site. They use the content in their SN lawsuits.

Everyone else is riding the free speech bullet train!

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No. I don't have Twitter anyway.

Reactions: acephale
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
No? Imo the only thing weirder than fixating on people you are against is fixating on people that fixate on you because they are against you.
Isn't it good to know what the "enemy" is planning from a strategic perspective? I just read there someone wants to make a documentation or something like that on this place.
They are not my "enemies" but they are enemies of this forum which helps me to cope with my suicidality. I try to see their perspectives. But I think we could never agree on a compromise.

Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash, sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Isn't it good to know what the "enemy" is planning from a strategic perspective? I just read there someone wants to make a documentation or something like that on this place.
They are not my "enemies" but they are enemies of this forum which helps me to cope with my suicidality. I try to see their perspectives. But I think we could never agree on a compromise.
That's fair, and I can also understand I would be curious if these guys have ever posted about myself but for me it's not worth getting involved and it's not like they could ever get anything meaningful enough done to take down the site (in the US at least).

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No, I think it would really wind me up. I only watched a few seconds of the Tantacrul video too for the same reason. It would make me want to defend this place, which wouldn't work because I doubt they're open to a reasoned discussion.

I do feel bad for people who have lost loved ones to suicide. I'm not utterly heartless. I wish they'd put their focus on why their loved one did it though. Do they really think they had become so vulnerable and mindless that they joined a supposed 'death cult'? Do they not consider how much preparation it takes to carry out some suicides? SN for example takes a lot of resourcing and planning.

I truly wish they would put their time and energy into providing or campaigning for better resources for those suicidal people who do actually want help. There are some... some are on here in fact! Why do they think that is? Because they can't find adequate support elsewhere I imagine! I wish they'd focus on that. That would actually do some good. Create safe spaces for people to talk about suicide and by all means- give them a more pro-life slant. People will still come here though. Some of us don't want to be helped and personally- so long as we are adults and of sound mind, I think that should be our own business.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash, Heartaches, acephale and 3 others
M

moshimoshi

Apr 6, 2024
No it frustrates me and makes me feel worried, I feel like they cherry pick so many things and don't show all sides of the forum and what it's truly like, they only show the things that could make it look bad in the eyes of people who don't know the full truth imo

Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash, Dr Iron Arc and acephale
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
No, it won't change anything.

I don't want to waste energy and time pointlessly.
We are not a terrorist or anti-terrorist organization to conduct intelligence on the enemy's activities.

By following such people, I can make their words more visible. I want to avoid this.
I won't change their point of view, they won't change mine.
We are stubborn animals.

The only thing I think we can do is create general discussions that point out the accusers allegations.
Our administration sometimes does this.

We have bad PR and that won't change anytime soon.
We don't need any extra attention.

Reactions: acephale
Optimu$

Optimu$

Death Is Non Negotiable
May 10, 2024
@noname223 yes there is an ongoing thread on kiwi farm but it tends to deviate from obsessing over the forum nowadays from what I've read.

They don't want to shut down this site. They use the content in their SN lawsuits.

Everyone else is riding the free speech bullet train!
@Little_Suzy Yes they do want to shit this site down as it's where sources are dispensed and methods perfected. In their warped vision this site is responsible for many suicides and encourages it just by allowing the free speech that other suicide forums would prohibit.

Exactly that. We shouldn't obsess over them and there are lots of members admittedly to follow or watch but it is worth seeing what they're saying from time to time as sometimes it gives us an important heads up and I've seen the site or members react defensively.