D

dimgobaith

Jun 17, 2024
Apologies if I've missed anything.
Has anyone attempted to CTB using poisonous plants? I spend alot of time talking about the dangers of them because of work and it got me thinking. Would it be an easier way to go than tryinb to get a gas setup sorted

Reactions: treetop.grazer, astrichaoz and OCDsufferer
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I asked specifically about yew ages ago and it was pointed out that it was reported to be extremely painful.

More recently, someone was experimenting with foxglove (digitalis) without much success. (Can't remember their username, I'm afraid. Sorry.)

PS Your username strikes me as being a touch Cymraeg?

• Informative
Reactions: maneose and OCDsufferer
D

dimgobaith

Jun 17, 2024
I asked specifically about yew ages ago and it was pointed out that it was reported to be extremely painful.

More recently, someone was experimenting with foxglove (digitalis) without much success. (Can't remember their username, I'm afraid. Sorry.)

PS Your username strikes me as being a touch Cymraeg?
A resident of the country yes

Reactions: Ash
T

timetodie24

Arcanist
Apr 14, 2023
The only accounts I've seen on here of it (ay least that I can recall) were unsuccessful . Yet media makes it seem like people died quickly after a couple of seeds or leaves. It tends to be a painful and slow death even if it does work though. Once you've posted / replied more on here you will get the search function (try the games in offtopic to increase your posts)

Reactions: astrichaoz
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
No, poisonous plants only work by giving organ damage, so it is extremely painful. Very bad method

Reactions: astrichaoz
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
It depends on the species of plant. Many poisonous plants have very unpleasant effects, but a few do not. Poisoning by hemlock, Conium maculatum, for example, is soon fatal, if the dose is high enough, and does not seem to be all that unpleasant.
One difficulty is that you may need some botanical knowledge to identify a particular species. Hemlock, for example, looks similar to many other harmless species.

Last edited:
T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
I tried twice with foxglove wythnos diwethaf šŸ˜Š I posted on here, if you chwilio am foxglove you'll find the thread.

I'll try again with much more of it if my SN doesn't arrive. I had no luck finding hemlock, been looking for it when I'm out for walks but none around here.

PĆ“b lwc i ti šŸ‘