S

Smily

Jul 7, 2021
How many of you are actually doing decently in life, but it just doesn't feel right anyways? It is becoming unbearable to live with these thoughts. I am breaking my head with overthinking every second I am conscious. I just see everything not worth trying, not even the slightest because there is simple no point in doing so. Even having luxurious life doesn't help a bit.

For over 15 years now, ever since I became capable of critical thinking, I can't get rid of thoughts that I don't belong here, this isn't the right place for me to be - that by being here I am wasting time and energy. Many people somehow have hobbies, jobs or other things they like doing. But I just find that as another anchor that forces you to prolong your existence, and in fact it's pure waste of time just to fulfil your wants and needs. I even stopped talking to my girlfriend after I moved to another city. I am simply not interested, and I don't care about outcomes. Even getting convenient job offers only brings one question - what's the point? I don't want it - I don't need it. At every job interview I thought - why am I even here?

I am simply unable to see any reasoning to justify existenceHow can once's view on life be so disinterested? I never really had problems or tough life situations but I still never could understand people's will to existing.

• Love
Reactions: suisuiforum, Apathy's Girl, SadJessu and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm one of those!
I've lost some weight and people say I'm not "ugly"
I have a decent salary and fend for myself.
Yet, I feel empty. I just wanna leave this planet and universe because I just don't understand why the hell we exist at all.
What's the point of having a hellish or great life if you're just gonna...die in the end? NONSENSE!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Apathy's Girl, LADY007 and 3 others
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Some people, people I know have/had lucrative careers they were appreciated in. They made friends and found spouses to enjoy things with. They have hobbies and are able to stay busy. Only one person in my family has killed themselves. They were isolated. I think this is something that pushes people over the edge. I relate to what you are saying however for me I don't have any of those good things mentioned.

It's true though there are a lot of people with successes who end up doing it. 21st Century Suicides on Wikipedia highlights some of this. Tara Condell and Caitlyn Loane's exits show that people with cool shit going on still decide to do it.

Reactions: Smily
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I could be the richest man in the world and I would still want to kill myself. Everything in this life is so pointless.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, BottomlessPit and Smily
Bone

Bone

Sad Sack
Jul 29, 2021
Being isolated is the worst, definitely; though (as in the previous post^^) it seems to affect some people more than others. Some people seem to want/need financial security, others want social/material success, etc. That one piece of the puzzle that's missing...for me it's been stability and looking forward a path to where I can provide for myself due to psychoses.

It is really hard acknowledging that nothing in life really matters (was just thinking about this about 10 minutes ago) while trying to somehow keep trudging onward until ....... ???

Reactions: Smily and toforigivelife
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I used to look forward to things. But I found out that achieving these things does not bring pleasure. Life is so dull and repetitive. People are so dull and retarded.

• Love
Reactions: PaxAmerica, Smily and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
The whole "disinterest in life"-way of thinking also applies to me - and it's a strange feeling to have because despite lots of hardships in my past I live a pretty comfortable life right now and many (even on this site) would swap places and be instantly happy(happier) - yet I am not happy because I feel like nothing matters and I just play pretend or act out someone else's existence and have to do all these random tasks with the goal to just be there?
Really annoying & pointless.

Reactions: Smily
S

Smily

Jul 7, 2021
The whole "disinterest in life"-way of thinking also applies to me - and it's a strange feeling to have because despite lots of hardships in my past I live a pretty comfortable life right now and many (even on this site) would swap places and be instantly happy(happier) - yet I am not happy because I feel like nothing matters and I just play pretend or act out someone else's existence and have to do all these random tasks with the goal to just be there?
Really annoying & pointless.
I wish I could swap places with people with no families so I can CTB without anything holding me back. The only thing I couldn't overcome is thoughts about how terrible my mother would feel. But it doesn't stop me anymore tho it bothers me a lot. So just operating in "I am fine" mode until SN, and other tools arrive.

• Hugs
Reactions: PaxAmerica
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Life is pointless, rich or poor, happy or sad.

We are here for a few decades, try and reproduce and then we die. The world forgets us in the blink of an eye like we never existed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101 and PaxAmerica
ExistentialEntropy

ExistentialEntropy

we all go home eventually
Jul 4, 2020
What's the point of having a hellish or great life if you're just gonna...die in the end? NONSENSE!!!!!!!
Who says we die? Sure these bodies are temporary but do you really believe awareness begins and ends with the tiny lifespan of a body?

The point is that in order to experience itself, the infinite must become finite. It would be a boring infinity if you spent it tethered to one unchanging incarnation.

This is the vedantic view of life. I'm not saying it's correct and that materialism is incorrect. I'm just putting it out there for your consideration.

BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Who says we die? Sure these bodies are temporary but do you really believe awareness begins and ends with the tiny lifespan of a body?

The point is that in order to experience itself, the infinite must become finite. It would be a boring infinity if you spent it tethered to one unchanging incarnation.

This is the vedantic view of life. I'm not saying it's correct and that materialism is incorrect. I'm just putting it out there for your consideration.
I think you would be mistaken if you take vedantic insights into the nature of experience for anything more than subjective truths. In other words, awareness might not be confined to the body-mind as a matter of experience, but that doesn't mean that awareness isn't tied to the brain and temporary physical processes as a matter of material reality. In that sense, awareness would stop when the brain dies, regardless of our subjective experience of being centerless, unfettered by the body-mind complex, being infinite, etc...

(btw I feel like this topic is derailing the conversation of the original post, so I'll leave it at that)

ExistentialEntropy

ExistentialEntropy

we all go home eventually
Jul 4, 2020
I think you would be mistaken if you take vedantic insights into the nature of experience for anything more than subjective truths. In other words, awareness might not be confined to the body-mind as a matter of experience, but that doesn't mean that awareness isn't tied to the brain and temporary physical processes as a matter of material reality. In that sense, awareness would stop when the brain dies, regardless of our subjective experience of being centerless, unfettered by the body-mind complex, being infinite, etc...

(btw I feel like this topic is derailing the conversation of the original post, so I'll leave it at that)
Yeah it's going slightly off topic.

As a nondualist I respectfully agree to disagree. Peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: BottomlessPit
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
As a nondualist I respectfully agree to disagree.
The funny thing is that I myself hold nondualism to be true as well. Turns out there is quite a lot of infighting going on in our ranks ;)

Reactions: ExistentialEntropy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like if all my problems were taken away, it wouldn't make me feel better. I have always been disinterested in life, living for decades on end does not appeal to me in any way. Living is tedious to me. All we are is passing time until we eventually die, life is just a distraction until death. We will all die eventually and be forgotten. The only point to us being here is for evolutionary purposes.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3
Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
I agree that life is pointless. On the surface I'm doing great; I have a great job, I'm married, I was accepted into a MBA program. Although I don't have the happiest of marriages, my husband is my best (and almost only) friend. I'm supposed to start classes in two weeks but I have not registered. I'm going to drop out before I begin because it just doesn't matter. I always excel at my job and have been there for 26 years but I dont advance in my career because I don't have the energy to. When I was diagnosed as bipolar I thought I found the answer to my problems and that meds could help me be less suicidal and find meaning in life, but here I am posting on ss with a life that is still devoid of all meaning.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3