TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
Hi,

Does anyone else suffer severely with PMDD? I'm not regular with my cycles but each time before I get one I'm insanely depressed and suicidal and then suddenly I get a period ( very irregular sometimes only 4 a year) and I'm like "aaah that explains it" I'm going through a lot ATM anyway but anyone else suffer with this?

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, mistymoo, apearl and 2 others
J

JJ53

Aug 19, 2024
I haven't been diagnosed with PMDD, but I experience many of the symptoms. My mood is generally low to begin with, and for about a week leading up to it, I also feel very suicidal. It's kind of annoying because each month, I try to prepare beforehand, but I always somehow forget and end up thinking, "What the hell is wrong with me?" Then, when the time comes, I'm like, "Oh!"

Reactions: davidtorez

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
I haven't been diagnosed with PMDD, but I experience many of the symptoms. My mood is generally low to begin with, and for about a week leading up to it, I also feel very suicidal. It's kind of annoying because each month, I try to prepare beforehand, but I always somehow forget and end up thinking, "What the hell is wrong with me?" Then, when the time comes, I'm like, "Oh!"
Same here and I'm also not diagnosed x

• Hugs
Reactions: JJ53
uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
Yes, and it is awful. Even my obgyn said it isn't worth it to live when 1/2 the time is spent like this. sometimes it is so overwhelming that I get stuck in a depressive cycle for months. Overlaps with my ADHD emotional dysregulation and sensitivity dysphoria.

I

iwanttohugthetrees

Apr 18, 2022
Hi,

Does anyone else suffer severely with PMDD? I'm not regular with my cycles but each time before I get one I'm insanely depressed and suicidal and then suddenly I get a period ( very irregular sometimes only 4 a year) and I'm like "aaah that explains it" I'm going through a lot ATM anyway but anyone else suffer with this?
Hi, I have got pmdd
It is fun
Every cycle

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Hi,

YES yes yes, for years now. It's only gotten worse and meds did nothing, have you tried treating it?

P

pulleditnearlyoff

Student
Apr 26, 2024
Yes, have it too! I feel like a complete different person on the days just before my period, I'm extreme suicidal and depressed.

mistymoo

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
I have pcos and it really gets to me. I have no doubt that when I finally ctb it'll be around my period

lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Several months ago I was convinced I had developed this. I was tracking my cycle and it really seemed like it. I have ADHD and developed PTSD a couple years ago, which are common comorbidities. I would get intense hyperarousal right before my period--shaking, sweaty, heart racing. The sweat was foul-smelling too, which seems hormone-related. The first couple months this happened, I thought I had somehow over-caffeinated myself to the point of sickness. Additionally, I would be absolutely assaulted with a salvo of "negative thoughts" that were seemingly impossible to turn off. My normal state is unbearable, and this was a whole new level of agony.

But my symptoms don't seem related to my period anymore, and I haven't gotten one of those intense faux-caffeinated episodes in a while. It's changed. It makes me wonder if that was my body telling me it's going to hit me with PMDD in five years or something. Hopefully it doesn't come back next month.

Last edited:
Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
Yeah, I'm a completely different person for the 4 days leading up to my period.

T

twolegs

Sep 17, 2024
I'm not diagnosed but I relate strongly to the symptoms. It feels like my emotions are on a clock and they're predictable. It causes a lot of tension in my relationship and I have a hard time leaving the house or taking care of myself