cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, often missing word
Apr 8, 2024
It's a 12mm diameter nylon rope attached with snuggle hutch knot to a door-sports-thing that you can use for exercise, being secured by a door. The door is taller than usual ones, 3 meters, with me being 1,80m and the left-over rope being 20cm there should be about 1 meter of space between feet and ground, i did several weight tests and there seems to be no issue with security of the rope or the security of the sports thing. one thing to worry about is me convulsing/ banging extremities at the door during it that could alarm neighbours as the house im living in has quite thin walls. Anything else I'm missing? A little word of feedback, be it reassurance or critique, would mean a lot to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0376.jpeg
    IMG_0376.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: demitriusmigsysvotf, guachinio and grahf
bipolar22

bipolar22

Aug 31, 2022
i would wrap a t shirt around the part of the rope that will be on your neck. I always did it because otherwise it bites deep in the neck and hurts quite a bit. for me at least. you can play some music or something maybe they will be less alarmed then if everything is still except for your banging sounds maybe. i did this during partial attempts. good luck.

Reactions: world is unfair and Circles
cait_sith

cait_sith

Apr 8, 2024
i would wrap a t shirt around the part of the rope that will be on your neck. I always did it because otherwise it bites deep in the neck and hurts quite a bit. for me at least. you can play some music or something maybe they will be less alarmed then if everything is still except for your banging sounds maybe. i did this during partial attempts. good luck.
Thanks for the reply. The neighbours are so used my autistic rage sessions where I bang at the door that they will be fine anyway, lol. Thanks for the tip with the T-shirt. The setup itself seems good apart from that right?

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Peace to you.

• Love
Reactions: cait_sith
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
Seems you have everything planned out. I still worry about the height, but if you feel like you can trust this method, then power to you.

cait_sith

cait_sith

Apr 8, 2024
Seems you have everything planned out. I still worry about the height, but if you feel like you can trust this method, then power to you.
Thank you for the answer. Yes, the door is tall enough, it just has to work.

redeeming_butterfly

redeeming_butterfly

Life is no more beautiful than its cruelest suffer
May 15, 2024
I can't assess your setup as I'm not very familiar with this subject.
To compensate for the convulsive noises, maybe set the washing machine to spinning if you have one and it's not that quiet. Mine is pretty loud.
I wish you all the best!

cait_sith

cait_sith

Apr 8, 2024
Starting to question my setup, because I really dislike the idea of convulsing and thrashing against a door, I wish I could dangle freely, I have watched a lot of the hanging videos on watchpeopledie and many of hangings involve people thrashing around like crazy, I am scared that will lose consciousness slower because of banging against the door or somehow manage to lift myself up or something.. I have bought these plushy tiger paws slippers, they do muffle the noise but they don't change much overall. Maybe someone could say that this isn't much of a problem. I also dislike that I can grab the loop of the extercise thing where the rope is secure to. I don't like the idea of tying my hands. I THINK I could do this method, I am able to sway on chair and step next to it with rope around neck without felling any fear or heartrate increase.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
Starting to question my setup, because I really dislike the idea of convulsing and thrashing against a door, I wish I could dangle freely, I have watched a lot of the hanging videos on watchpeopledie and many of hangings involve people thrashing around like crazy, I am scared that will lose consciousness slower because of banging against the door or somehow manage to lift myself up or something.. I have bought these plushy tiger paws slippers, they do muffle the noise but they don't change much overall. Maybe someone could say that this isn't much of a problem. I also dislike that I can grab the loop of the extercise thing where the rope is secure to. I don't like the idea of tying my hands. I THINK I could do this method, I am able to sway on chair and step next to it with rope around neck without felling any fear or heartrate increase.
You shouldn't worry about freeing yourself if it's full suspension. No need to tie your hands. And I guess you could put some noise-absorbing material between your body and the wall/door so that when you hit it is won't make any noise (because you're hitting something soft). Worst comes to worst just stack some pillows or something between you and the wall/door. I don't know, I hope what I'm trying to say it's clear to you.

By the way, I generally advise hanging outside since it's very hard to hang yourself indoors unless you have access to a ceiling fan. But I'm wishing you luck. If you have any questions don't hesitate to let us know or you can even DM me, no issues at all.

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
You shouldn't worry about freeing yourself if it's full suspension. No need to tie your hands. And I guess you could put some noise-absorbing material between your body and the wall/door so that when you hit it is won't make any noise (because you're hitting something soft). Worst comes to worst just stack some pillows or something between you and the wall/door. I don't know, I hope what I'm trying to say it's clear to you.

By the way, I generally advise hanging outside since it's very hard to hang yourself indoors unless you have access to a ceiling fan. But I'm wishing you luck. If you have any questions don't hesitate to let us know or you can even DM me, no issues at all.
I'd be mindful with the ceiling fan advice, that's not a catch all whatsoever. A lot of places esp in places where it gets really hot + has historic homes, the ceiling fans are hanging on by a thread, sometimes the base moves with the fan only on low for some ppl etc. it would be pretty shit to set this up and get discovered because you've now ripped a giant hole in your ceiling. Also anywhere with high ceilings will have high ceiling fans, most people don't have ladders just chilling, it's not so easy to get to.

Reactions: lachrymost
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
I'd be mindful with the ceiling fan advice, that's not a catch all whatsoever. A lot of places esp in places where it gets really hot + has historic homes, the ceiling fans are hanging on by a thread, sometimes the base moves with the fan only on low for some ppl etc. it would be pretty shit to set this up and get discovered because you've now ripped a giant hole in your ceiling. Also anywhere with high ceilings will have high ceiling fans, most people don't have ladders just chilling, it's not so easy to get to.
Hey, there's ways to tie a noose to a ceiling fan without a ladder. I'm a fan of the bowline knot for this exact reason. Anyway, I'll agree with what you're saying.

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Hey, there's ways to tie a noose to a ceiling fan without a ladder. I'm a fan of the bowline knot for this exact reason. Anyway, I'll agree with what you're saying.
That's a good point. Truce haha. I've just seen this fail before because the fan literally came out of the ceiling. That would be super shit.

• Informative
Reactions: Evelyn Lane
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
That's a good point. Truce haha. I've just seen this fail before because the fan literally came out of the ceiling. That would be super shit.
Well I've never seen such a video online so... I guess my ignorance is excusable. :smiling:

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Well I've never seen such a video online so... I guess my ignorance is excusable. :smiling:
That's def valid. I don't think the WYD crowd etc would be much pressed over a video of a failure. I'm not even sure if failure videos are accepted as some kinda sub niche somewhere I haven't found yet, for educational reasons.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
That's def valid. I don't think the WYD crowd etc would be much pressed over a video of a failure. I'm not even sure if failure videos are accepted as some kinda sub niche somewhere I haven't found yet, for educational reasons.
What's "WYD"?

cait_sith

cait_sith

Apr 8, 2024

Thank you for your answer and tips, i will think about them. Why are you saying its hard to hang yourself indoors? I did several weight tests with my anker, even buying a swing and putting my whole weight on it swaying for 10 minutes, it should hold. I'm scared of doing it outside as i'm afraid of someone finding me, i live alone so its fine.

I dont have a ceiling fan and i dont trust the ones we have here in germany, those videos of people hanging themselves from fans always seem to be asians. Also I'm really happy that my grim thread sparked suich a nice dialogue (no irony)

• Love
Reactions: Evelyn Lane and opheliaoveragain
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Thank you for your answer and tips, i will think about them. Why are you saying its hard to hang yourself indoors? I did several weight tests with my anker, even buying a swing and putting my whole weight on it swaying for 10 minutes, it should hold. I'm scared of doing it outside as i'm afraid of someone finding me, i live alone so its fine.

I dont have a ceiling fan and i dont trust the ones we have here in germany, those videos of people hanging themselves from fans always seem to be asians. Also I'm really happy that my grim thread sparked suich a nice dialogue (no irony)
Please don't do it outside if you live alone, this will lessen the trauma inflicted on other people who might find you, if you are in your own space you can arrange doors and notes or a curtain etc. Wishing you the best, we are here for you no matter the outcome. <3

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024

Hey, I mean, most people don't have a place in their house to pull off full suspension from. Sounds like you do though, so that's nice :)
And by outside I meant outside at night, so that you don't have as much of a chance to be discovered.

But anyway, I like your setup and hope it all works out! Just remembered, why don't you also play some music, not loudly, just moderate volume, just to help muffle the noise even more?