A

annikae

Aug 16, 2024
I'm planning to ctb on Monday in the morning with Sn, I have everything and tested two times and it's pure... The thing is last night I just put it a little on the top of my tongue and it was way salty...and I don't know if this morning I pucked for that little amount. I have a really big gag reflex, sometimes even if I put something on my mouth because my hands are busy. I am really afraid to not be able to swallow actually. What can I do this time I cannot fail. Thank you.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Are you planning to follow the sn prep protocol, including taking an AE?

Reactions: annikae
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
It's well possible that you felt sick and threw up because of that. I doubt you'll die if the amount you swallowed is way below the recommended 25 g. Nevertheless, you should NEVER try or taste sodium nitrite. Absolutely never, unless you want to die immediately. Hopefully, your lips and fingertips didn't turn bluish. If so, see a doctor NOW.

A

annikae

Aug 16, 2024
No I'm fine I don't have anything blue, I just had nausea last night after I fell asleep not immediately.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
No one is going to be able to tell YOU if YOU'RE going to be able to swallow it or not. Usually the easiest way with nasty medicines is to just chug it right down. I'd certainly expect to throw it up though, and if you throw it up very quickly, there's a good chance you won't get enough into your system and fail. Maybe you can "practice" drinking some EXTREMELY salty made-up table salt water to see if you can do it?

Reactions: LostExit, Tonkpils and annikae
A

annikae

Aug 16, 2024
No one is going to be able to tell YOU if YOU'RE going to be able to swallow it or not. Usually the easiest way with nasty medicines is to just chug it right down. I'd certainly expect to throw it up though, and if you throw it up very quickly, there's a good chance you won't get enough into your system and fail. Maybe you can "practice" drinking some EXTREMELY salty made-up table salt water to see if you can do it?
Yes okay I'm working on it.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
The secret is: drink it swiftly, in one second. This will prevent you from interrupting the process before the cup is empty.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
My gag reflex has decreased over time due to heavy binge drinking periods chugging shots of pure hard liquor and trying to hold it all down (I hope this is a side effect that will help me ctb with SN one day). What I did when chugging was holding my nose and mentally thinking (don't puke don't puke don't puke). But you can also practice by drinking salt water from time to time, like someone else already said. Or practice with harmless but disgusting foods.

S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
Then how come some people recommend sipping with a straw in lukewarm water?? Or is it better to just get it down the hatch ASAP??

A

annikae

Aug 16, 2024
Then how come some people recommend sipping with a straw in lukewarm water?? Or is it better to just get it down the hatch ASAP??
I believe it's better to drink it fast at this point,maybe I would numb my mouth with a powerful mouthwash leave it for a minute and then swallow the sn.

Reactions: sadlittleman32 and Tony24