nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
Lately, there had been several threads and posts making insensitive jokes or derogatory false remarks on Chinese medical personnel/hospitals and the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, some deleted by the mods and some stayed. Though some of you and I might believe death is better than life and despise the human species, many of our fellow humans wish to live on. The medical personnel put their lives at risk to honor the patients' wishes; they put patients' needs before their own; they push beyond their mental and physical limits in a race against death. Check out the pictures below. They deserve to be respected.

Sweat condensates on a surgeon's mask. The protective gear/hazmat suits are heavy, airtight, thick.
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 31458 PM

Overworked and exhausted EMT
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 32129 PM

Wrinkled hand due to constantly soaked in sweat with rubber gloves on
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 31911 PM

86 y/o doctor insists working
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 31534 PM

30 y/o Wuhan nurse shaved off all her hair to save time while preparing for work & prevent cross-infection
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 31837 PM

Nurse's wrinkled face from wearing goggles
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 31723 PM

Nurses sleep on the hospital floor. No time to go home and rest
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 34237 PM

Doc comforting scared elderly patient
Screen Shot 2020 02 01 at 34644 PM

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: -Raven's Night-, enigmática saudade, EmptyMan and 14 others
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Excellent and Thoughtful post @nitrogen

Someone I follow on YouTube - Has done 26 Live Streams on the Coronavirus, a couple a day. Usually over 5K watching.
This is his last stream today, He usually does one in the day & at night. There were 33K views, lasting over 4 hours today.
Very informative. The end of the video he said he will be back online later, after he eats.

China Virus: 304 Dead, 13,950 Cases - LIVE BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE

China Virus: 305 Dead, 14,555 Cases - LIVE BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE

Last edited:
Reactions: nitrogen
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: thelastchicken and nitrogen
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I just had a Skype call yesterday with different people from around the world about Corona and the plans. I am the rep for the Emergency Response team of New York. I know these experts for years. The one who I did not know, was a male representing Washington and Trump. All experts were male and female.

The other worldly experts basically ignored the Wasington rep because he was clearly incompetent and could not answer the simple question, if you completely gutted the funding for public health emergencies to build a boarder wall, how does Trump plan on fighting this. He also had no idea what Corona is. So America in general is clueless how to handle this.

The guy also completely insulted me. He couldn't handle the fact that I was a woman who showed him up and actually has a brain.

New York is set with our emergency plan just in the nick of time. We may have our first case. I'm still waiting on the test results.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, nitrogen, silent staring void and 1 other person
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
New York is set with our emergency plan just in the nick of time. We may have our first case. I'm still waiting on the test results.
The map is showing a red dot for New York!

Capture

lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Tis what the Public is being told. Don't believe it ;) In reality, the numbers are higher.
If you follow the live stream posted above, He does not believe anything that is being said as well. He is https://twitter.com/lookner on twit.

William Yang
@WilliamYang120

(posted 2 hours ago)
More on the #WuhanCoronavirus - Shangdong Provincial government announced earlier at a press conference that the province has seen dozens of cases where infections happen in family gatherings. Among the 60 cases of group infection, 49 are caused by family gathering.

The government said this trend shows that the #coronavirus is highly contagious and it is hard to prevent it from spreading during incubation period.

Meanwhile, #China's National Health Commission advised all professionals returning to work to measure their own temperature and those with suspected symptoms should not return to work yet. Additionally, those returning to work should adopt careful self-preventative measures.

They also advised employers to carry out basic health checks before returning to work and work place should have good ventilation and employers should prepare soaps and disinfectants. When working in a closed-off environment, employees should wear masks.

Different departments should consider arranging different time for lunch break.

And since there will soon be a wave of people returning to work, the Health Commission advise people taking long-distance transportation to adopt a measure of keeping empty seats in between themselves and others. Long distance vehicles are also advised to take a 2 hour... break during the trip and windows on the vehicle need to be opened during this period of time.

Meanwhile, the Mayor of Kunming City in Yunnan province asked all civil servants not to use KN95 medical grade masks, because professional gears should be used by frontline medical staff.

And in Shenzhen, there have been 3 cases of community infection. All three patients, two women and one delivery guy, didn't leave Shenzhen 14 days before they contracted the virus and they also didn't have contact with anyone confirmed to have contracted the virus.

And in Inner Mongolia, there is another 40-year-old male patient who was confirmed to have contracted the virus even though he never left his city, never got close to anyone being feverish, never went to any agricultural trading market and never been around wild animals.

EPxHVVLU0AAzZyS
Two German evacuees from Wuhan (who flew on Germany's evacuation plane) have tested positive for coronavirus

Last edited:
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
If you follow the live stream posted above, He does not believe anything that is being said as well. He is https://twitter.com/lookner on twit.

William Yang
@WilliamYang120

(posted 2 hours ago)
More on the #WuhanCoronavirus - Shangdong Provincial government announced earlier at a press conference that the province has seen dozens of cases where infections happen in family gatherings. Among the 60 cases of group infection, 49 are caused by family gathering.

The government said this trend shows that the #coronavirus is highly contagious and it is hard to prevent it from spreading during incubation period.

Meanwhile, #China's National Health Commission advised all professionals returning to work to measure their own temperature and those with suspected symptoms should not return to work yet. Additionally, those returning to work should adopt careful self-preventative measures.

They also advised employers to carry out basic health checks before returning to work and work place should have good ventilation and employers should prepare soaps and disinfectants. When working in a closed-off environment, employees should wear masks.

Different departments should consider arranging different time for lunch break.

And since there will soon be a wave of people returning to work, the Health Commission advise people taking long-distance transportation to adopt a measure of keeping empty seats in between themselves and others. Long distance vehicles are also advised to take a 2 hour... break during the trip and windows on the vehicle need to be opened during this period of time.

Meanwhile, the Mayor of Kunming City in Yunnan province asked all civil servants not to use KN95 medical grade masks, because professional gears should be used by frontline medical staff.

And in Shenzhen, there have been 3 cases of community infection. All three patients, two women and one delivery guy, didn't leave Shenzhen 14 days before they contracted the virus and they also didn't have contact with anyone confirmed to have contracted the virus.

And in Inner Mongolia, there is another 40-year-old male patient who was confirmed to have contracted the virus even though he never left his city, never got close to anyone being feverish, never went to any agricultural trading market and never been around wild animals.

Two German evacuees from Wuhan (who flew on Germany's evacuation plane) have tested positive for coronavirus

I don't read the news honestly. I'm on the Emergency Response Team, helping to make protocol on any Infectious Diseases. I get reports on all cases, sooner than the public.

There are many cases currently being tested and not reported, because they are negative.

nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
I have a bad feeling about the yr 2020. Australian fire, coronavirus pandemic, high flu activity across the US, Denmark avian flu, the terrifying Lassa fever ripping through Nigeria. And it's only February!

It took China only 10 days to build a 1000 bed, 25000 sqft hospital from the ground up to treat coronavirus patients. Here are some photos of the interior

Last edited:
Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
Wutang virus

Reactions: oldgregg187 and Amorphous Blob
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I have a bad feeling about the yr 2020. Australian fire, coronavirus pandemic, high flu activity across the US, Denmark avian flu, the terrifying Lassa fever ripping through Nigeria. And it's only February!
I love your quote. Life is a STD lol.

• Hugs
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Just started a new Live Stream

China Virus: 305 Dead, 14,654 Cases - LIVE BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE
Updated Title since Live Stream Started

China Virus: 362 Dead, 17,386 Cases - LIVE BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE

Last edited:
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
:hug: Noone should be finding the Coronavirus outbreak funny or making bad comments about it..........very cruel and disrespectful to all involved. @nitrogen thanks for posting this topic, you've done well.

nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
There's a shortage of face masks in China. Folk there getting creative:

Homemade orange peel mask

Water bottle mask

Full head panda mask

Ultraman mask

Pull-up diaper mask

Instant noodle cup mask

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Excellent thread @nitrogen and agree with you. These medical professionals are selfless and put the patient's needs before theirs and are really dedicated in combating the epidemic.

Also to @Jean4, thank you for your knowledge and insight about the emergency response team in response to the virus. The guy representing Trump and Washington is rather intimidated and probably egotistical based on what you described.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nitrogen and Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Excellent thread @nitrogen and agree with you. These medical professionals are selfless and put the patient's needs before theirs and are really dedicated in combating the epidemic.

Also to @Jean4, thank you for your knowledge and insight about the emergency response team in response to the virus. The guy representing Trump and Washington is rather intimidated and probably egotistical based on what you described.
He was a typical Trump person. It was interesting seeing how the world sees the administration. It's worse than you can imagine the laughing stock America has become.

nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
This is so funny, lol.

Republican senator Tom Cotton suggests 'worse than Chernobyl' coronavirus could've come from Chinese 'superlaboratory'.

T
hen Huffpost published an article titled "Don't Listen To Sen. Tom Cotton About Coronavirus: The GOP senator has spread misinformation and panic in a weeks-long meltdown over the disease."

I bet Tom Cotton's brain is filled with cotton.
:pfff:

Last edited:
nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
Stunning pictures of viruses:

Coronavirus (SARS)
Screen Shot 2020 02 06 at 111330 AM

Influenza virus
Screen Shot 2020 02 06 at 111505 AM

HIV
Screen Shot 2020 02 06 at 111604 AM

Ebola

Hepatitis B

H1N1

Rabies
Screen Shot 2020 02 06 at 112131 AM

Hantavirus
Screen Shot 2020 02 06 at 112446 AM

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Oh @nitrogen, how I've missed you! Thank you for posting these stunning photographs.

• Hugs
nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
Oh @nitrogen, how I've missed you! Thank you for posting these stunning photographs.
Hey girl! How have you been? You took a break from this site?

Will PM.

Last edited:
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Ah, kind.
Hey girl! How have you been? You took a break from this site?

Ah, kinda, I guess. I tend to fixate on one member, and ignore the site. And, when I've worn out that person, I come back to the site. How is everything?