• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sabaku

Dec 3, 2021
Hi guys. This is what I am planning soon. Please tell me if there is anything I can improve.

I have a long 6mm diameter nylon rope. I am planning to go deep into the forest (no chance of discovery within 30 minutes, certainly). I will fasten the rope to a tree branch and do full suspension, but no drop. The reason I will not do partial suspension is on the off chance that my post-consciousness writhing gets me back to breathing, risking brain damage or some other kind of failure. I will use a common slipknot rather than a noose, and lubricate it.
Since the rope is thinner than recommended, I was thinking of wrapping the loop part in a t-shirt for more comfort. I was also thinking it might be wise to bunch the t-shirt up on the sides which will be pressing my carotid arteries, leading to swifter loss of consciousness. Is this a good idea? I feel like 6mm is a pretty thin diameter to use without a buffer of some kind, but it's all I have available. I could potentially double the rope up, but I've never seen that mentioned before. Any suggestions are appreciated. Keep in mind I am willing to go through a bit of discomfort and I don't need this to be perfect, I just need it to work 100%. Needless to say I'd rather lose consciousness fast rather than struggle through the process of asphyxiation conscious.
Oh, and I am also planning to be drunk for it (but to prepare the rope before getting drunk). I figured it would just make it psychologically much more tolerable. I haven't seen anything about that affecting efficacy, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
Can I ask what made you choose the nylon rope and that specific diameter? I've been trying to find more threads here that offers this type of information about full suspension, but I see a lot more about either partial or without specifying. I've been thinking about going to a sex shop (yeah, I know) and buying a BDSM rope, because that would arise no suspicions on the side of the seller (in my country, almost 70% of suicides are by hanging) but I'm not sure whether that would be ideal for this type of hanging or not. I am also unsure of the diameter and length of the rope, since I suffer from an eating disorder and am underweight.
My location is a forest and I'm doing it in a tree as well so I'm 100% sure that will hold my weight, but I have doubts about the type of knot you use on the anchor point (I don't even know if that's significant at all).
About the t shirt idea, I am not sure if that would be necessary at all in full suspension or how it would affect it, sorry (I hope somebody else can answer that question). But about the alcohol, I am planning to be drunk as well, and as far as I know it doesn't affect the efficacy at all, unless you are blackout or something. I have watched a video of a girl dying by full suspension and she was very much drunk, with an empty bottle of liquor on the floor. Hopefully that makes it easier for us too.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and NearlyIrrelevantCake
S

Sabaku

Dec 3, 2021
Can I ask what made you choose the nylon rope and that specific diameter? I've been trying to find more threads here that offers this type of information about full suspension, but I see a lot more about either partial or without specifying. I've been thinking about going to a sex shop (yeah, I know) and buying a BDSM rope, because that would arise no suspicions on the side of the seller (in my country, almost 70% of suicides are by hanging) but I'm not sure whether that would be ideal for this type of hanging or not. I am also unsure of the diameter and length of the rope, since I suffer from an eating disorder and am underweight.
My location is a forest and I'm doing it in a tree as well so I'm 100% sure that will hold my weight, but I have doubts about the type of knot you use on the anchor point (I don't even know if that's significant at all).
About the t shirt idea, I am not sure if that would be necessary at all in full suspension or how it would affect it, sorry (I hope somebody else can answer that question). But about the alcohol, I am planning to be drunk as well, and as far as I know it doesn't affect the efficacy at all, unless you are blackout or something. I have watched a video of a girl dying by full suspension and she was very much drunk, with an empty bottle of liquor on the floor. Hopefully that makes it easier for us too.

I would have chosen a thicker rope made of less elastic materials, but I'm stuck in a third world country where I have to take what I can get. I think that a shibari-style rope from a sex shop would definitely be an improvement.
The type of knot you use for the anchor point is not important as pretty much any knot that won't come loose will work. Just be sure to test it with your full weight before you ctb.
I don't know why people are so set on partial suspension. I think it's mainly fear-based. But if you're serious, you should be able to put up with the potential extra discomfort of full suspension, as there's less of a chance to back out.
Thanks for the info about the alcohol. Hoping to bump this thread for anyone else with similar issues.

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I doubt anyone will know the answer but, would being drunk make you fall into unconsciousness quicker?

H

Helpless77

Nov 25, 2021
I once tried it when I was drunk and messed it up. Wouldn't recommend it

H

Helpless77

Nov 25, 2021
I didn't really know what I was doing. I just used a thin scarf, just a simple knot instead of a slipknot, what caused a lot of pain, and I only stepped down my chair instead of kicking it away, so I somehow made it back on it. I guess I wouldn't be here anymore if I had been sober

S

Sabaku

Dec 3, 2021
I didn't really know what I was doing. I just used a thin scarf, just a simple knot instead of a slipknot, what caused a lot of pain, and I only stepped down my chair instead of kicking it away, so I somehow made it back on it. I guess I wouldn't be here anymore if I had been sober
That sounds like less a product of being drunk and more a product of not being properly prepared. It should have been a slipknot, preferably lubricated (a scarf can work but it seems a bit short to me). Also not kicking away the chair. My aim is to make it so that I have no option of backing out once I'm suspended. Kicking away a chair is certainly one way to do it, but I'll be doing it on a tree branch. I don't think I'll have much option to back out. SI is very potent, even if you intellectually want to go through with it, if you give yourself the option of backing out then your body might take it in a panic.

H

Helpless77

Nov 25, 2021
It was a mixture of both but I blame it on alc mostly

S

Sabaku

Dec 3, 2021
It was a mixture of both but I blame it on alc mostly
Could be. I think methods conceived and executed while drunk tend to fail. The method should be researched and planned for in advance, and the alcohol should be just a tool to make it easier to cope with the potential pain. Although that's what I and probably all of us are trying to avoid... the pain. That's why I ask. I don't have the luxury of researching and ordering N, but this is a very viable option (2nd after handguns I believe) if you do it right.

H

Helpless77

Nov 25, 2021
If you want some more tips feel free to write. I've done quite a lot of research

S

Sabaku

Dec 3, 2021
If you want some more tips feel free to write. I've done quite a lot of research
I'm not planning on being here for the long-haul, I really just wanted some feedback on my method. If you have any hanging tips specifically feel free to post them here. When I click on your profile it says I don't have access for some reason (not a boomer I swear haha, just couldn't find the message function if there is one). But there are many threads to discuss reasons why people want to end it, or why they want to but are reluctant to do so, and I'm willing to discuss that in DMs but I'd like to keep this thread focused on methodology, because I'm serious about doing it asap and I don't have any reservations. I'd like this thread to be a help to anyone who is serious and just needs a bit of clarification about methodology.

odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
Why do you in one breath want our feedback and in another label everyone here as cowards?

Can someone as brave as you even trust the words of cowards?

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/stop-making-excuses.78772/