• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

Bipolar6

Jan 3, 2024
hey guys. I have one question. Is there any places I can jump off in Toronto that will make me CTB for sure?

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
There are so many bridges and high rises, that really isn't the challenge. I mean… at these temperatures a dip in Lake Ontario would probably do the trick.

The question is, is this how you want to die?

You would have to make sure it's high enough and still risk severe injuries and lifelong disability.

And you'll traumatize the people who see you jump as well as first responders…

It's pretty cruel to yourself and others.

Any other options you'd consider?

B

Bipolar6

Jan 3, 2024
There are so many bridges and high rises, that really isn't the challenge. I mean… at these temperatures a dip in Lake Ontario would probably do the trick.

The question is, is this how you want to die?

You would have to make sure it's high enough and still risk severe injuries and lifelong disability.

And you'll traumatize the people who see you jump as well as first responders…

It's pretty cruel to yourself and others.

Any other options you'd consider?

I don't know how to get SN and I'm also short on money, I just want a quick way out, do you know any specific bridges and highrises in Toronto that are high enough and easy to access?

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
I don't know how to get SN and I'm also short on money, I just want a quick way out, do you know any specific bridges and highrises in Toronto that are high enough and easy to access?
I understand your pain and frustration.
Truly.

The problem is that this forum has become a hotbed for journalists (and LEO) blaming SaSU for giving directions on how people in crisis should CTB.

That in fact is not the idea of the forum.

there is a lot more to this forum and one part is peer support without having to worry about openly talking about suicidal ideations.

That alone can help and make the crisis pass.

Talking/readin about methods is also a helpful way of dealing with suicidal ideations and often people realize they're just not ready. Or May never be ready.

It can be helpful to work through the different methods and pros and cons of each to find clarity for your self.

We all know of Kenneth Law who is currently facing second degree murder charges because he offered advice to people and helped them with specific methods.

You will be very hard pressed to find anyone here now to tell you which bridge, at what time and how to prepare.

Especially not if your account is brand new and you are obviously in a vulnerable state and "just want to find something fast".

I'm sorry. You will have to work through this current crisis with the support of the forum, if you feel it helpful. Maybe with other options available to you (though my personal experience is pretty awful when it comes to crisis hotlines)

Try to bring some distance between your urge to CTB.

Sometimes reading up on methods helps.
By all means, read up on all the various Toronto Bridges (and safety protocols that are now in place for many).

Often having a method planned and prepared works a bit like a safety kit. It takes the stress out of your next crisis. Knowing that you have a way out if you need it keeps a lot of us around. Sometimes we come back here to the forum when things get tough.
But many times it's enough to know you have the ticket.

Reactions: Bipolar6
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Why not try the subways? Similar enough to me, just keep in mind the subway doesn't have to be at full speed to kill, so take account of the half second that you need to get in front of the train. Not sure about over in Toronto, but here the subways enter the station at varying speeds and you'll need to wait for a faster one.

Also you're in Canada, if you're 30+ MAID might be a good option as the Canadien government seems very lenient with giving ppl MAID.

B

Bipolar6

Jan 3, 2024
Why not try the subways? Similar enough to me, just keep in mind the subway doesn't have to be at full speed to kill, so take account of the half second that you need to get in front of the train. Not sure about over in Toronto, but here the subways enter the station at varying speeds and you'll need to wait for a faster one.

Also you're in Canada, if you're 30+ MAID might be a good option as the Canadien government seems very lenient with giving ppl MAID.
I prefer jumping It's more certain, also I'm 23 and maid for mental illness is not legal yet.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I prefer jumping It's more certain, also I'm 23 and maid for mental illness is not legal yet.
Ah, then I don't know, MAID probably isn't as lenient with younger ppl either. Perhaps the Niagara falls?

Reactions: Bipolar6
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Ah, then I don't know, MAID probably isn't as lenient with younger ppl either. Perhaps the Niagara falls?
Going to Niagara costs money and is not easy to access if someone is in a crisis right now.

Subways I would read up on here. There is a high likelihood of getting severely injured and disabled but still rescued and that's a truly miserable life.

MAID for mental health is not easily accessible. It's not legal yet and when it becomes legal (March 2024) it will take 10+ months to go through a rigorous process of making sure the patient has tried every possible treatment available.

Anyone under 50 will have a hard time showing that they tried absolutely everything, multiple therapies, treatments, dozens of medications etc.

And if we end up with an election within the next 12 months the law will likey be paused and we'll take 3 steps back again.

I don't expect many people to be able to actually access MAID for mental illnesses this year. If any at all.

Reactions: Bipolar6 and Scythe
H

hea54

Dec 20, 2023
There are so many bridges and high rises, that really isn't the challenge.
I agree that Bipolar6 has a wide range of concerns to address. But wljourney's initial response trivializes the difficulty of finding a suitable building or bridge location. Many hi-rise and mid-rise buildings have security in place for multiple reasons. Bridges that were used for past suicides gets barriers put in place to prevent repeated attempts. It's not trivial to locate, and I face a similar question in a U.S. city, where security is probably tighter than Toronto.

Reactions: huphup
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
I agree that Bipolar6 has a wide range of concerns to address. But wljourney's initial response trivializes the difficulty of finding a suitable building or bridge location. Many hi-rise and mid-rise buildings have security in place for multiple reasons. Bridges that were used for past suicides gets barriers put in place to prevent repeated attempts. It's not trivial to locate, and I face a similar question in a U.S. city, where security is probably tighter than Toronto.
I understand that it's frustrating not to be told place A, B or C.

In the past people in this forum were much easier and more "helpful". If you have followed the news we now have a seller of SN in Canada on trial for serial murder. He is charged with 100+ deaths because he sold SN and gave advice.

So. Yeah. People don't want to join him in prison for advising other on how best to kill themselves if that turns out to be a federal crime here.

There are plenty of megathreads on jumping with lots of details. Use the search function. Stake out some buildings that may be appropriate or simply choose a different method.

He'll. It's winter. Breaking through thin ice in Ontario lake will do the job in 20 minutes. 🤷‍♀️