mona_lisa

mona_lisa

Feb 15, 2024
So i was thinking of piercing my jugular vein with a knife or a box cutter so i can bleed out overall pretty quickly. Im not sure about the anatomy of it all so is this a feasible option? Just wondering if anyone has more knowledge on the subject than me

• Hugs
Reactions: Glenferd666
Old

Old

Student
Apr 25, 2024
Veins carry low pressure blood, if you were to cut the jugular, you would have a chance of dying, but also a chance that the blood will clot and the injury closes up. An artery transports blood at high pressure. So you would be better off cutting the carotid arteries.

Still not a good method. Don't recommend it. That's because it is too painful and the blood vessels are deeper than we think, even if you can feel the pulse of your carotids. But who knows, Avicii did it that way, but he was drunk.

I suggest you find another method tho.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and CatLvr
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
No. Read my thread that's pinned. I'm struggling to link it right now but it's at the top of the suicide discussion forum.

• Hugs
Reactions: Glenferd666, Plato'sCaveDweller and CatLvr
Sewerslide222

Sewerslide222

soooo tired
Sep 8, 2024
I don't know if cutting jugular would be enough, though i'm interested in the subject too. Jugulars take blood from the head back to the heart, so i would assume that it's gonna be pretty bad if you fail. If you decide to go by cutting then you really need to know what you are doing, also it's not gonna be easy even then. I didn't know so now i have to put make up on my neck every time i leave the house

• Hugs
Reactions: Glenferd666