K

kittie

Jul 13, 2020
Never thought at my age I'd be here asking this or going to the places I never knew where even there. Desperate times require desperate measures I guess.

I get so far then stumble on encryption Ffs....how can I get that far and then not know.

Please how do I use PGP to encrypt my address ? Do i use the sellers little tick box thing on their page ? Do I encrypt it some where and have it like copy n paste ?

that_guy2611

that_guy2611

Student
Mar 17, 2018
hey, so the gist of PGP is every entity/user has a pair or keys: private and public. When you want to encrypt a message you need the recipient's Public key and the message is encrypted for them. The recipient will use their Private key to decrypt the message. You will do the same, send them your public key so they will be able to respond and then you will use your own Private key to decrypt.
I could look up a program to help you with that - which OS are you using ? (windows/linux/OSX)
Remember to keep your own private key secret and not reveal it to anyone. Also be aware that you can't encrypt the title of the email so don't write anything personal in there.
Generally speaking i'd recommend asking that vendor if they use protonmail or tutanota and simply email them from there.

btw - you should be able to find it on their website or page and it begins with something like this :

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: BCPG C# v1.6.1.0

mQENBF8VTaUBCACNx9PgcTh1H7bAxDodHWYJFXdMvrNUy/FZofEi7Ma8V6J1snln
jO8KYvL6pp6vbbe8pTcwBftpDXrIJUmgX0pAFalPJQXJJJZzVZ/siFTBUu/rWT+N
IUNLIBVShPi0+HFCzz/9BijYY1shH3nnVDbW3aOGJ9/lqpzXAfKGWyzf8UkfNC1r
Z5ZpsmrkKo5c071frj9HJ ...... (Much longer)

You could also ask them to email it to you.
Also be aware that you can't encrypt your email address but only the content !

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk
K

kittie

Jul 13, 2020
hey, so the gist of PGP is every entity/user has a pair or keys: private and public. When you want to encrypt a message you need the recipient's Public key and the message is encrypted for them. The recipient will use their Private key to decrypt the message. You will do the same, send them your public key so they will be able to respond and then you will use your own Private key to decrypt.
I could look up a program to help you with that - which OS are you using ? (windows/linux/OSX)
Remember to keep your own private key secret and not reveal it to anyone. Also be aware that you can't encrypt the title of the email so don't write anything personal in there.
Generally speaking i'd recommend asking that vendor if they use protonmail or tutanota and simply email them from there.

btw - you should be able to find it on their website or page and it begins with something like this :

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: BCPG C# v1.6.1.0

mQENBF8VTaUBCACNx9PgcTh1H7bAxDodHWYJFXdMvrNUy/FZofEi7Ma8V6J1snln
jO8KYvL6pp6vbbe8pTcwBftpDXrIJUmgX0pAFalPJQXJJJZzVZ/siFTBUu/rWT+N
IUNLIBVShPi0+HFCzz/9BijYY1shH3nnVDbW3aOGJ9/lqpzXAfKGWyzf8UkfNC1r
Z5ZpsmrkKo5c071frj9HJ ...... (Much longer)

You could also ask them to email it to you.
Also be aware that you can't encrypt your email address but only the content !
Thank you that-guy2611.
I'm using OS X the apple os. And Tor thing instead of normal one. I didn't see any email address for the vender I did find them in EM Followed the PPeH to get there.
I'm not the most tech minded person so was pleased and surprised I'd got that far!!

that_guy2611

that_guy2611

Student
Mar 17, 2018
Looks like this guide could help you out (I'd suggest going with method 2 - you don't want to send such an email from your regular browser and your personal email and i'd suggest not using the paid apple mail extension)

I'd suggest sending the vendor a message through the site and ask them for their public key or ask them if they have a protonmail or tutanota address.
If you'd like to practice encrypting/decrypting messages you can DM me or if you'd like more help. I won't be around here much today but hopefully i'll get back to you during the week. You could also look around on youtube about how to use pgp.

Reactions: autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Never thought at my age I'd be here asking this or going to the places I never knew where even there. Desperate times require desperate measures I guess.

I get so far then stumble on encryption Ffs....how can I get that far and then not know.

Please how do I use PGP to encrypt my address ? Do i use the sellers little tick box thing on their page ? Do I encrypt it some where and have it like copy n paste ?

First of all, it's important to clarify what you actually mean here.

Are you talking about your postal address, or your e-mail address?

Are you talking about this address not being intercepted or visible to a third-party during the ordering process of whatever product between you and the seller?

Or are you talking about the seller themselves not becoming aware of this address?

K

kittie

Jul 13, 2020
First of all, it's important to clarify what you actually mean here.

Are you talking about your postal address, or your e-mail address?

Are you talking about this address not being intercepted or visible to a third-party during the ordering process of whatever product between you and the seller?

Or are you talking about the seller themselves not becoming aware of this address?
Postal address
Postal address
It said at check out to PGP encrypt so only vendor could see it

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Postal address

It said at check out to PGP encrypt so only vendor could see it

OK, gotcha. Then the advice given by other members should address this.

Do bear in mind that the largest risk to you probably comes from customs or postal inspectors detecting your (presumably illegal) item and having your postal address specified clearly on the package. Data security methods are only ever as strong as the weakest, human link in the process.

That said, PGP encryption of your address on darknet markets isn't a bad idea.