Z

zjay-0v3rit!

takemeaway
Jun 14, 2024
If you have a pet, whats your plan before you CTB? I have a cat and im so sad to think she wont have me around. Not sure what to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga and not-2-b-the-answer
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Well, I don't know if you are asking about this, but if you have a pet, make sure they don't have access to your body. Make sure you have enough food and water for the pet so it doesn't starve. Leave message to friend or family, or police to rescue the pet.

Reactions: Nefera, fleetingnight, imsotired35 and 4 others
Z

zjay-0v3rit!

takemeaway
Jun 14, 2024
Well, I don't know if you are asking about this, but if you have a pet, make sure they don't have access to your body. Make sure you have enough food and water for the pet so it doesn't starve. Leave message to friend or family, or police to rescue the pet.
Thanks, im definitely not going to be around. Im almost certain a friend would step up to take care of my cat. Shes one of the only things that kept me around for so long. Its starting to wear off ;(

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and sugarh1gh
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Thanks, im definitely not going to be around. Im almost certain a friend would step up to take care of my cat. Shes one of the only things that kept me around for so long. Its starting to wear off ;(
Yeah my dog was like that to me. She passed away and there is nothing rewally holding me back. I am glad you have someone who can take care of your cat.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and zjay-0v3rit!
DeathOfKane

DeathOfKane

Apr 5, 2024
My dog will remain with my family. He likes them more than me anyways. When I was going to attempt to move, I was going to take him with me. But I realized he'd probably just want to be with them over me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and zjay-0v3rit!
BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
Im so sorry your going through this. My dog Ellie is all that kept me going for 15 years. I lost her in January this year. To say I was devastated is a vast understatement. My husband pushed for me to adopt a deaf puppy, who I love dearly now, but for a few weeks I was so upset and overwhelmed and resentful. Resentful towards him and the puppy. I had finally been almost free from obligations to stay alive, but now my little puppy adores me and I her, so I am once again shackled to existence. She is now 6 months old, and I am no longer resentful of her or my husband for making me get her. I love her, but its just not the same as my Ellie. She adores me so much though, she cries and screams for me when I leave for work even when my husband is home, so I couldnt imagine leaving her. Atleast not right now, but I am semi-stable at the moment. As stable as I am capable of being.
I think it would be best if you could stay around long enough for your kitty, they dont understand stuff. But by all means I understand if your not able to do that, no judgement or pressure or anything. One thing I recommend is leaving a will of who her guardian should be. I also used to tell my husband if anything ever happened to me, I wanted Ellie to see my dead body. I have seen animals understand a dead body, so to me it seems like if they atleast see our dead body they might understand we didnt just up and leave them. Im so sorry your having to think of this stuff, I know its stressful and sad. I wish you and your kitty the best.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: zjay-0v3rit!, lizzywizzy09 and not-2-b-the-answer
m1ll1pede

m1ll1pede

Chronic stupidity
Jun 2, 2024
I have two cats, I'm just gonna feed them lots

• Aww..
Reactions: zjay-0v3rit! and not-2-b-the-answer
thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Experienced
Apr 2, 2024
Oh I love her... but I'm sorry. can't stay here anymore. my mother will take care of her.

• Aww..
Reactions: zjay-0v3rit!
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
My 3 dogs are my only reason for living. I can't orphan them. They're 18, 17, and 15. All of them have health problems. The 18 year old has advanced dementia and will probably have to be put down in the next couple of weeks. Losing all of them will put me over the edge as they're the only family I have. There are days so bad that I'm tempted. I really don't want to exist anymore but I have to persevere for them. I feel trapped sometimes because I'm so done with this life.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, zjay-0v3rit!, Joarga and 1 other person
m1dn1ghtmyst3ry

m1dn1ghtmyst3ry

š¯“µš¯“²š¯“´š¯“® š¯“»š¯“øš¯“¶š¯“®š¯“ø š¯“Ŗš¯“·š¯“­ š¯“³š¯“¾š¯“µš¯“²š¯“®š¯“½
Feb 20, 2024
If you have a pet, whats your plan before you CTB? I have a cat and im so sad to think she wont have me around. Not sure what to do.
I have pets but I have relatives that would take care of her if anything would happen to me.

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
My 3 dogs are my only reason for living. I can't orphan them. They're 18, 17, and 15. All of them have health problems. The 18 year old has advanced dementia and will probably have to be put down in the next couple of weeks. Losing all of them will put me over the edge as they're the only family I have. There are days so bad that I'm tempted. I really don't want to exist anymore but I have to persevere for them. I feel trapped sometimes because I'm so done with this life.
My Ellie I lost in January had severe health issues. She had inoperable mast cell cancer and was paralyzed for 3 years. I know its hard to be a caretaker. Its expensive and mentally and physically draining. I'm so sorry youre having to go through all that. I wish you and your babies the best.

• Love
S

saddo

Apr 22, 2023
I'd just come on to ask the same question. I have a dog and I love her so much. She's a bit quirky and I don't think anyone I know would want to take her on. I don't know what to do really. If I rehomed her my family would think it was really weird and would probably start worrying about me but I know they wouldn't want to be left with her. I'd want her to go to a good home as well. It's a dilemma tbh. Any suggestions?

imsotired35

imsotired35

She/her
Apr 6, 2024
I'm waiting until they're gone. I think their death might send me over the edge anyway.