I

imjustherehi

Dec 20, 2021
Is it okay for your partner to post on social media that you're feeling suicidal? He told everyone how suicidal I feel and put he is tired of it . What would you do in this situation? I am
Panicking and feel hurt!

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, PeacefulTonic, 9BBN and 10 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Not use social media

Reactions: L-L, sadeyesWA, Talvikki and 1 other person
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
That is absolutely not ok. I'm sorry that happened, sounds absolutely nuts.
If he's tired of it and feels like telling everyone your personal problems in public then maybe you should say that's it.
I personally wouldn't trust that person ever again.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, PeacefulTonic, TeaPloom and 3 others
I

imjustherehi

Dec 20, 2021
Not use social media
I can't believe he would do this! And the person had the cheek who didn't even know me to post it's not fair on him. I'm not forcing him to be with me? And it's not my fault the way I feel. I can't believe he would go posting it online for everyone to see! I am so hurt

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Zzzzz and Rayzieka
B

Bleunoir

Feb 4, 2020
That's absolutely not ok! That's a mental abuse ! Looks like he's looking for some attention and validation.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, imjustherehi and Rayzieka
I

imjustherehi

Dec 20, 2021
That is absolutely not ok. I'm sorry that happened, sounds absolutely nuts.
If he's tired of it and feels like telling everyone your personal problems in public then maybe you should say that's it.
I personally wouldn't trust that person ever again.
Thanks, it hurts so much he doesn't know I've seen it but I have seen what he's been saying about me. if he doesn't want to stay because of the way I am why not just say instead of posting it for all these strangers to see. I don't have many close friends and it hurts he would do that and shows what he's really thinking of me just because I'm feeling suicidal. I have no one who understands I didn't talk to him yesterday because I was crying all night and panic attack non stops and then I tell him why today and open up and he does this I don't know how to feel or what to do. This is why I keep things to myself because this is what these people do. It's not fair the people you're supposed to trust do this

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and Crazy4u
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
That person is not a friend, especially having blasted it over social media about feeling the way you do. I can't tell you what to do, but I would break all contact with that individual.

Reactions: Pluto and imjustherehi
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
He has no right to post that kind of information online without asking you first. Some people are just so cruel. I'm sorry you are in this situation. I cannot stand any of those social media sites, I think they do more harm than good. I wish you the best.

Reactions: oohiniyorafaad, Suicidebydeath, imjustherehi and 1 other person
eryu

eryu

Sep 25, 2021
No, it's not ok. It's grounds for ending the relationship.
It's not just that it's a really shitty thing to do. It shows the person really doesn't respect you and never will.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, imjustherehi and WearyHSP
I

imjustherehi

Dec 20, 2021
That's absolutely not ok! That's a mental abuse ! Looks like he's looking for some attention and validation.
That person is not a friend, especially having blasted it over social media about feeling the way you do. I can't tell you what to do, but I would break all contact with that individual.
I
No, it's not ok. It's grounds for ending the relationship.
It's not just that it's a really shitty thing to do. It shows the person really doesn't respect you and never will.
he is also
Telling me it's all in my head and because im feeling like this he went to post on the site so I'm obviously not making him happy :aw:
He has no right to post that kind of information online without asking you first. Some people are just so cruel. I'm sorry you are in this situation. I cannot stand any of those social media sites, I think they do more harm than good. I wish you the best.
Thanks so much. I wish I knew understanding people like you. You truly know what it's like which many people
Don't. I think so too and he was having a go at me saying everything is all in my head how I feel and because I felt
Depressed I saw he was already seeking a new relationship and saying how tired he is of me on that site :aw:

• Aww..
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
This is absolutely crazy. If he is "tired of it", he can quietly leave. He doesn't have to tell everyone. Did you ask him to REMOVE the post? or post another one and say the suicidal thing is a joke?

SanguineHare

SanguineHare

Demon Bunny Queen
Dec 16, 2021
Your partner telling people you are suicidal without your permission is emotionally abusive. He had no right to do that and if the situation was reversed he would probably be upset if you made a public post on social media to say you were tired of him being suicidal.

Furthermore he's tired of it? He's not the one even feeling that way does he think it is a cakewalk for you? Instead of being tired of it he should care and be trying anything he can to try to help make it better. and easier on you.

Reactions: absoluteanimal1, Suicidebydeath, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
I

imjustherehi

Dec 20, 2021
This is absolutely crazy. If he is "tired of it", he can quietly leave. He doesn't have to tell everyone. Did you ask him to REMOVE the post? or post another one and say the suicidal thing is a joke?
No I didn't even tell him I saw it . :'( Im just breaking my heart is breaking and i don't Know whether to say I know.

• Aww..
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
please tell him that you know and ask him to remove his post or say it was a stupid Xmas joke on his side or something like that. I can't imagine how bad you must feel but I highly recommend you minimize the damage. A stupid prolifer may call 911 and you end up in a ward

Reactions: imjustherehi
SparkleWater

SparkleWater

Oct 13, 2020
thats toxic as fuck, he has no right to tell people your buisness on a public forum.
to me a relationshit is about honesty and trust and if you cant fucking trust him not to type that shit for all his family and friends to see hes not worth it.
though since he doesnt know there might be a way? just tell him you saw and how much of an invasion of privacy it was. while its fine for people to vent there are levels to which it can be more toxic than releaving. and they should know that

• Love
rottenteeth

rottenteeth

Dec 20, 2021
Seems like he is not the right partner for you. It is hard to find someone who wants to stay at the worst times. Love is conditional, sad to say but it is.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
He told everyone how suicidal I feel and put he is tired of it
Usually to behaviour like that I would say, dump him. But you're in a tenuous position. I can't imagine he helps much with how you feel though, that's extremely insensitive.
Thanks, it hurts so much he doesn't know I've seen it but I have seen what he's been saying about me. if he doesn't want to stay because of the way I am why not just say instead of posting it for all these strangers to see. I don't have many close friends and it hurts he would do that and shows what he's really thinking of me just because I'm feeling suicidal. I have no one who understands I didn't talk to him yesterday because I was crying all night and panic attack non stops and then I tell him why today and open up and he does this I don't know how to feel or what to do. This is why I keep things to myself because this is what these people do. It's not fair the people you're supposed to trust do this
Tbh he is kinda outing himself as scum on his own social media, at least that is probably the way I would personally see it on social media and if someone complaining they are tired of their partner because they're feeling suicidal. I would think,"maybe part of the reason they feel that way is because of you?" - meaning the guy posting as you in that thought.
Depressed I saw he was already seeking a new relationship and saying how tired he is of me on that site
Dump him first. Kinda serious. Instant revenge. Of course then he gets sympathy because "Oh noes she dumped me wahhh I did everything for her wahhh" or something but yeah. He would probably lie about it anyway. If he looking for a new relationship when you're suicidal then he's definitely undateable.
Good idea, I fear any sort of conversation with him will just make OP feel even worse though. That's from my experience so grain of salt. This may be best thing to do.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I would tell my relatives and friends that your partner is making things up and that he's trying to ruin your life. Eventually, hopefully, he will be isolated due to everyone losing respect for him.

greyautumnsky

greyautumnsky

I am wound like the guts of a clock,
Dec 9, 2021
He is toxic and I would venture to say abusive or at the very least starting to display those traits for doing that.

Definitely made it about himself. Instead of trying to seek out help for you, like a partner would, or help for himself, if he's truly feeling overwhelmed, in an appropriate way he's seeking attention and validation on social media in a gross way by embarrassing you in front of family, friends, possibly coworkers, etc.

I don't expect people to be perfect by any means. But how everyone runs to social media? He could have found an anonymous forum to vent and seek advice. There are many many other ways He could have gone about this. Could have called a counselor. Could have called the stupid suicide hotline and talked to them himself and asked for advice on how to "deal" with you in a way that wasn't public shaming.

You're not crazy or sensitive for being upset. Your partner outed you.

He sounds like a narcissist from reading the rest of your posts.

I'm sorry he's done this. But honestly, in my experience, they only get worse. The easiest thing you can do for yourself is to leave him as hard as that may be emotionally and logistically.

• Love
absoluteanimal1

absoluteanimal1

Death by chocolate
Dec 17, 2021
That's horrible. You deserve better. If it were me I would definitely dump him.