Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
This is how I feel. exactly. All the people around me are Atreyu... They are saying Fight Dawn! Fight against the sadness!!! They get mad. The push the pull, they -- Say DAwn! Your sinking! Please fight..... Can you see the look in the horses eyes? He has given in. It feels so good to give in. It is a delectable pleasure that the world is terrified of. How long have you been trudging through the "Swamp of Sadness?"----- How much longer will you tread? Will you fight it when you start to sink? Or will you give in and sink into ctb? Do you have any one in your life that says: Fight the sadness? Who will win in the end? The sadness ? What is the substance of that which makes one fight? Where does one aquire it? Can it run out? I'm sinking......

Reactions: Eurus, SuicidalSymphonies, IsadoraBeauxdraps and 1 other person
IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

would like to follow that butterfly
Aug 23, 2019
Hi Dawn,

The Neverending Story is my favorite movie.
The movie of my childhood that I discovered with my best friend, which isn't here anymore in this world.
This scene broke my heart when I was a child. The horse is so dignified in his last moment, he seems almost peaceful, almost wise in his understanding of this tragic situation.
Why struggle when you know deeply in your heart that there's nothing more to do ?
An existential issue that haunts me everyday.
You're right, this scene is an overwhelming metaphor.
This movie is just magical.

• Love
Reactions: Dawn0071111 and SuicidalSymphonies
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
One of my all time favourite movies... I think you definitely helped explain it. Especially for people who don't understand. This is surprisingly something I never thought about before...

Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
Dammit,I've been trying to find this movie for years but unfortunately I've only acquired the second one