On the edge

On the edge

Jun 9, 2019
Does anyone have pets that are sort of holding them back from going through with it? I have a cat, and every day I come home from work he's so happy to see me. It honestly breaks my heart to think about how he'd be if I were gone, especially considering I rescued him as a kitten.

There's other times when I'm really wanting to die, and I don't care about how it affects anything or anyone. Ultimately I think he's a huge part of why I'm here still, and sometimes it angers me because it's one more thing preventing me from doing it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan, Final Escape, Soul and 3 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Yes, my dog has kept me from doing it for years. I had the N at one time and was going to drink it but I just... Couldn't leave him. He's my baby. Life has gotten worse now, though, and I think I can go through with it. Realistically he will probably be just as happy in a new home as with me, after some adjustment. It still makes it hard. I kind of wish I never got him, it would be such an easy decision to CTB if it weren't for him.

• Hugs
Reactions: KnightBlade, Final Escape, Soul and 1 other person
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
I have a one year old dog. But I'm not gonna stay around and suffer living this life of misery for him

Reactions: Final Escape
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I totally get it. They're so precious. When I had my cat, it was harder for me to try CTB. I even once considered not caring about her and doing it anyway, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She meant everything to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: On the edge, Final Escape and Soul
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Pets are not as loyal as people think they are , they show you affection and love because you feed them , my younger brother has an English bulldog , its his 1st pet and he and his girlfriend love him to death and take him everywhere , he even ended up as a pub mascot at one dog friendly pub he went to out of town... anyway i often dog sit him when they go away out of town etc and my brother txt a lot asking hows Ted ? is he missing me ? I always say no lol ... as as soon as i have fed him he is as affectionate to me as he is to my brother , he (Ted) is not keen on other dogs but loves Baby Agnes though

Attachments

• DSC_1195.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: mathieu and Final Escape
medicinenightmares

medicinenightmares

Jun 11, 2019
I have a dog & a cat and I live alone with them and I'm so scared to leave them bc I have nobody to take care of them when I ctb. They deserve better than me but I'd feel so bad leaving them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'll hang on as long as I can take care of my cats. I know who will take them in when I'm dead, so it's all right.

Reactions: marcusuk63 and Final Escape
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
I stay till my cats are gone, after that i have to see what i do and how bad my loneliness is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Final Escape