WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
It's already hard enough to deal with it as it is, and then there are people who exist that think it's funny and a material for jokes. To them it's just a harmless meme, but for me that really hits hard to witness and it's just a reminder of my hopelessness and how I was a mistake.

To these people (who probably won't even see this): stop beating a dead horse, you're not cool nor funny.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, XIII, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 16 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have autism as well. It can ruin lives so there is nothing funny about it. Many people in this world are very cruel and insensitive. I cannot stand people. I am looking forward to leaving this awful world.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, ReallyTired and 13 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I have autism and I'll joke about it as much as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
B

Bookscover

Aug 10, 2021
I have autism and joke about it. I know I was a mistake though. You have to distance yourself with the word. You know you're autistic but when they call something autistic they mean a very stereotypical and abstract form of it.

I didn't use to not care but it's just happened. Idk exactly why.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I have autism and joke about it. I know I was a mistake though. You have to distance yourself with the word. You know you're autistic but when they call something autistic they mean a very stereotypical and abstract form of it.

I didn't use to not care but it's just happened. Idk exactly why.
I have autism and I'll joke about it as much as possible.

Sorry, I meant it's really when people use stupid and autism interchangeably that it comes across as offensive, that someone would know so little about what autism actually is

For example:
"Don't listen to this dude, he has autism and doesn't know what he's talking about, he was dropped on his head.

I read things like that too often for comfort. IMO "jokes" like that are going too far even though they likely don't know whether or not someone really has autism and are just trying to be funny

Thanks for the responses, :heart: feeling less lonely now.
Subjective
That's what venting is in the end

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: XIII and patheticpartner
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It can depend on the context and the intention. There is a difference between a joke among people who you know are comfortable with it, and then there is genuine mockery and bullying.

Reactions: patheticpartner and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
R

ReallyTired

Oct 21, 2021
I'm also autistic but I really regret telling people. When I tell people they usually become very patronizing, treating me like an infant. Suddenly everybody started giving me an advice about everything. Like 'we need to help the little retard'. I have Masters degree and normal intelligence but nobody cares. Some people even became very controlling. It's also extremely difficult to get help for my depression. I feel that since people know about my disability, nobody takes me seriously. I hate this society. Patronizing and infantilizing people with autism and other disabilities. This just makes me want to die even more.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, XIII, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others