Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Forcing people to live is extremely evil. It's the second most evil act possible after procreation. Both are non-consensual, it's all about imposing. Nobody chooses to be born, nobody has any obligation to stay. Period.

It doesn't matter if they are 50 years old or 4 years old. It doesn't matter if they have a terminal illness, mild health issues or no issues at all. It doesn't matter what their reasons are, because sucide doesn't need to be justified, because living is not a MUST DO.

Nobody asks parents why they want to be parents; that's what should have to be justified (and let me tell you, there's no valid justification whatsoever).

• Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul, The anhedonic one, poa.alpina and 7 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Personally for terminal illness, yes they should be able to die at any age, as for stuff like depression, 18 at least you can debate me on the 18 age limit for depression but I honestly don't think minors should have a easy way out, but it also depends on the person, some kids have been sex traffic sa etc, and life may possibly never get better, science has proven that age 13-17 are the most confusing age for a minor.

Reactions: MeltingBrain
murkylake

murkylake

hollow
Jun 27, 2023
Personally for terminal illness, yes they should be able to die at any age, as for stuff like depression, 18 at least you can debate me on the 18 age limit for depression but I honestly don't think minors should have a easy way out, but it also depends on the person, some kids have been sex traffic sa etc, and life may possibly never get better, science has proven that age 13-17 are the most confusing age for a minor.
I agree with this viewpoint. there were many times when i was in middle school or a teen i contemplated killing myself over a stupid breakup. honestly really glad i didn't end up killing myself over a guy

Reactions: Jolene79, feder and MeltingBrain
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I agree with this viewpoint. there were many times when i was in middle school or a teen i contemplated killing myself over a stupid breakup. honestly really glad i didn't end up killing myself over a guy
Exactly, it's too dangerous to give power like that to minors, same thing with guns

Reactions: Jolene79 and murkylake
funeralcat

funeralcat

Mar 17, 2023
Parents and doctors force me to live. I find it cruel too. I've been reading about spirituality and how everyone has a purpose and if you kys u reincarnate with the same problems again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I agree with you except on age. Does a four year old understand the permanence of death? It's important to approach this ethical issue with some reason. I think you can only exercise your individual autonomy if you understand the implications and consequences of your actions. I think individual autonomy (and subsequently the right to die) applies to everyone who has reached the age of majority, that's when we ascribe mental capacity to people and we can safely assume that they understand the implications of their actions. I don't understand why it's important for some people to play devil's advocate and make the case for minors to have a right to die when we can't even implement legislation to protect the right to die for adults.

• Informative
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Sweet Tart, GasMonkey and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It certainly is so incredibly inhumane trying to force people to suffer in an existence that they were so cruelly burdened with in the first place, the right to die reliably in peace should be a human right as without that existence is nothing more than just slavery and imprisonment.

I hate how suicide is purposely made so difficult as after all we are only enduring futile and meaningless existences, destined to decay from age and die anyway, I think the true irrational thing is wishing to exist in this harmful world filled with endless potential for suffering, existence disgusts me and I see suicide as being self care as it's the way to take control and free ourselves.

To me being able to permanently not exist as being ideal as in death there are no problems, non-existence is true relief from everything and the only acceptable state to me, existence was just a tragic, horrific mistake in the first place and nobody should have to delay their inevitable fate for a second longer than they wish to.

Allowing people the right to die in peace is the most compassionate thing but sadly we exist in this pro-suffering society where we are expected to suffer endlessly, slaves to our suffering and prisoners to something so repulsive as existence.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, dggtscccvfd, The anhedonic one and 2 others
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I agree with you except on age. Does a four year old understand the permanence of death? It's important to approach this ethical issue with some reason. I think you can only exercise your individual autonomy if you understand the implications and consequences of your actions. I think individual autonomy (and subsequently the right to die) applies to everyone who has reached the age of majority, that's when we ascribe mental capacity to people and we can safely assume that they understand the implications of their actions. I don't understand why it's important for some people to play devil's advocate and make the case for minors to have a right to die when we can't even implement legislation to protect the right to die for adults.
Hello, RainAndSadness

I believe that, if a 4 year old is clearly saying that they want out of life, they should be allowed out of life. They didn't consent to it and they have every right to leave if they don't like it here.

I think that whether they understand the implications of death or not is irrelevant, because death is completely harmless; if they choose it, it's 100% guaranteed that they won't be able to either regret it, nor suffer as a consequence. Quite the opposite, actually.

I'm not playing devil's advocate, I want things to be equal for everyone, meaning that no one is excluded (including minors).

flyingrabbitt

flyingrabbitt

Jun 28, 2023
Hello, RainAndSadness

I believe that, if a 4 year old is clearly saying that they want out of life, they should be allowed out of life. They didn't consent to it and they have every right to leave if they don't like it here.

I think that whether they understand the implications of death or not is irrelevant, because death is completely harmless; if they choose it, it's 100% guaranteed that they won't be able to either regret it, nor suffer as a consequence. Quite the opposite, actually.

I'm not playing devil's advocate, I want things to be equal for everyone, meaning that no one is excluded (including minors).
I disagree because death isn't that simple, children are impulsive and for the same reason children can't have cosmetic surgeries they shouldn't be allowed to die. A 4 year old does not possess enough capacity to consent to something like this.

I think age 13 would be acceptable with enough input from professionals that death should be a viable option. The professionals are there moreso to make sure the person truely wants this and this isn't an impulsive decision rather than convince the person to stay, I think this should be the case for adults as well.
In a perfect world there would be good mental health resources so death wouldn't be the only option for people suffering, I am a firm believer of mh services needing more funding as well as a reform to how suicidal and suffering people are treated so we aren't constantly stripped of our autonomy whenever we speak about our thoughts and have medication pushed down our throats.

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I honestly blame all the man-made religions for most of this pro-life shitfuckery.
Back in ancient times nobody gave a fuck if you wanted to put yourself out of your misery.
Then God was invented and life viewed as sacred, when the reality is that life is just a curse.

Reactions: Daxter_87
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Age of majority is the way to go, it's the only realist goal.

Reactions: RainAndSadness