• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Have you been in touch with Pegasos in Switzerland? If you have, how have you found the process so far?

Reactions: Little_Suzy
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Waste of time. Arduous. Lack of compassion. Revenue-focused. You should also be aware they monitor this site. Look for old posts by user Be Free.

Reactions: Kit1 and Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Waste of time. Arduous. Lack of compassion. Revenue-focused. You should also be aware they monitor this site. Look for old posts by user Be Free.

WOW! What happened? Can you provide a link? The name is not working.

I have the means to pay for assisted suicide, but I do not want to die alone in Switzerland!

The logistics of transporting my body (or cremains) to the appropriate US location would be a logistic nightmare.

Dr. K must be resurrected!

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
beelzebul

beelzebul

(;´д`)ゞ
Oct 10, 2023
They don't help the depressed. They only help the terminally ill. I had an email exchange with them a few years ago and it ended with them denying me assistance and giving me a hotline number to call if I feel suicidal 🤷‍♂️

• Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, DeadHead and Kit1
straydog

straydog

Aug 27, 2023
Pegasos does occasionally approve VAD for people who are "just" mentally ill or otherwise seeking self-determination despite being in fine physical health. There are articles on Exit's website and various news sites reporting that they assisted one woman in 2020 and two sisters in 2022. None of these women had terminal illnesses or were otherwise physically suffering to such a degree that their quality of life was diminished and they were in their 40s and 50s. The woman in 2020 was severely mentally ill (depression I believe, possibly other diagnoses as well, I can't recall exactly) and there's not much information on the sisters' circumstances beyond their expressed wish to die together.

That said, I wouldn't get one's hopes up here as approvals like these are dismally rare. Pegasos also seems to have gone downhill a bit based on other users reporting weak email correspondence, and the requirement of joining Exit and that the deposit isn't fully refunded if an applicant is denied feel excessively profit-oriented imo…

Befree created a comprehensive thread (link) on VAD associations that's worth reading through and has made many insightful posts about the application process.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUPA and Kit1
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Pegasos does occasionally approve VAD for people who are "just" mentally ill or otherwise seeking self-determination despite being in fine physical health. There are articles on Exit's website and various news sites reporting that they assisted one woman in 2020 and two sisters in 2022. None of these women had terminal illnesses or were otherwise physically suffering to such a degree that their quality of life was diminished and they were in their 40s and 50s. The woman in 2020 was severely mentally ill (depression I believe, possibly other diagnoses as well, I can't recall exactly) and there's not much information on the sisters' circumstances beyond their expressed wish to die together.

That said, I wouldn't get one's hopes up here as approvals like these are dismally rare. Pegasos also seems to have gone downhill a bit based on other users reporting weak email correspondence, and the requirement of joining Exit and that the deposit isn't fully refunded if an applicant is denied feel excessively profit-oriented imo…

Befree created a comprehensive thread (link) on VAD associations that's worth reading through and has made many insightful posts about the application process.
Those 2 women both worked in the medical profession. Reading between the lines I'm sure they had the right contacts to provide the right documentation and they had the means to make an additional "donation" if necessary.

R

RUPA

Student
Oct 19, 2022

yeah two Arizona sisters with "medical frustrations", decided "time to go" That's it
the other woman is Krista Atkins said to have had severe mental illness and alcoholism. She paid $15000 for VAD itself and also thousands for confirming her identity cuz she didn't have anyone to bring there to do that. These 3 ppl appear relatively rich but do not know about donations
another notable one who ended her life at Pegasos is Norah Vincent. She also had depression.
I really do not grasp Pegasos's standards. It seems so random "nobody knows" on a case by case basis.

thanks for your posting. where can i see befree's link?

Last edited:
straydog

straydog

Aug 27, 2023
thanks for your posting. where can i see befree's link?

Reactions: withouthope, Kit1 and RUPA
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I have emailed them and waiting for their reply. Just got an automated response so far.

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
If you are in unbearable sufferring physical and mentally do they approve?

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023

Those Swiss clinics must spend a TON of time, money and manpower medically & psychologically evaluating applications and applicants from around the world, the vast majority of whom do not qualify. If those failed applicants weren't charged for being evaluated those expenses would have to be charged to successful applicants making it cost prohibitive for them.