Mark121

Mark121

SufferingMan121
Aug 28, 2024
I would love to be able to go to sleep in the evening and not wake up and spend the evening before eating my favorite food, drink, watch what I was then go to bed and quietly go.
I hate waking up during the day is a mission so I distract myself with weight training and working out until I can have some drinks in the evening to calm me down and go to bed.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Manon Lescaut, CantDoIt and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also just wish to never wake again, in my case the only relief could ever lie in falling asleep permanently, all I wish for is to never suffer again. But anyway I hope you find peace from all the suffering.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Davey40210, Ἡγησίας, Mark121 and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd say the great, great majority of people would prefer to die in their sleep.

• Love
Reactions: Mark121, Hollowman, Metalhead and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I always think about it too, I'd like to fall asleep and never wake up again.
What Are the Chances of Dying in Your Sleep?

As we explained above, heart disease is the most common way to die in your sleep. About 1 in 8 people who die from heart disease will die in their sleep. Similarly, 25% of strokes occur during sleep.

In general, your chances of dying in your sleep are fairly low if you have no additional risk factors. If you have obstructive sleep apnea, you may be at higher risk of dying in your sleep. According to Dr. Chad Denman, people with obstructive sleep apnea have a 30% higher risk of cardiac-related death. A study by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine also indicated that people with obstructive sleep apnea are at greater risk of death.

Dr. Zeeshan Afzal, Medical Officer at Welzo, notes, "Risk factors associated with sudden unexpected deaths during sleep include advanced age, pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease or sleep apnea, a history of substance abuse, and genetic factors."

"It's important to note that sudden unexpected deaths during sleep are relatively rare, and individuals who are concerned about their risk should speak with a healthcare provider," says Dr. Afzal.

Source: https://www.mattressclarity.com/sleep-resources/dying-in-your-sleep/

According to elderly death statistics, approximately 25% of deaths among older adults occur during sleep.

Source: https://greatsenioryears.com/what-percentage-of-elderly-die-in-their-sleep-key-facts/