LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Please indulge me. A couple of years ago, I wouldn't have believed in this shit, but now, I dunno.

Ive seen my share of psychics and honestly, I really think there is something else out there. Ive even had discussions of suicide with them and they all reiterate the same bollocks of how it's pretty much a "reset button" and doesn't fix anything and life is precious blah bleh bluh etc. But honestly, I see no other way and just feel I'm going in circles. I'm tired and feel I'm sparing myself a worser fate (homeless? No thanks Jeff).

Anyway, there really is no way of proving this but apparently I was this prick Miguel Ydigoras Fuentes. A president of Guatemala during a civil war. He was also apparently some kind of enforcer to some Hitler-esque dictator lol. A lot of people apparently died under his rule. But I dunno, he seemed to have been a victim of his time and may genuinely have wanted the best for his country even if meant employing brutal tactics. In some ways, I feel I may have inherited his brutal ideology and in some kind of poetic justice, ironic way, I was reincarnated into the type of weak, pathetic sack of shit this dude was trying to eradicate in his country??? Haha. I know I am weak and pathetic and hopeless. People like me are not worth saving and are a drain on society's resources. People like me are black holes and will be the detriment to society by poor, misguided, do-gooder souls trying to help us.

Anyway, that was my rant. Could all be bullshit and in addition to being some depressed, anxious fucktard, I could simply just be a crazy one at that. Lol.

I was actually thinking of going to Guatemala for a vacation and learning more about this dude in the misguided hope of "trying to learn stuff my soul didn't learn in my last life." But now, couldn't care less. Don't give a fuck. Maybe I'm not supposed to learn anything in this life either. Maybe I'm supposed to feel and experience utter despair and hopelessness in this life "for the betterment of my soul." This is something my soul just has to go through? So be it...

Attachments

• Miguel_Ydigoras_Fuentes.jpg
    Miguel_Ydigoras_Fuentes.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'd trust a used car salesman before I trusted a psychic.

• Love
Reactions: drake4871, The.End, blanketyblk and 5 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I'd start with James Randi. For the past 60 (sixty!) years he has offered a million dollar prize to anyone who can demonstrate any type of paranormal activity. He describes himself as a skeptic, as do I.

I try to be consistent, so I don't believe in anything supernatural across the board... no god/gods, ghosts, psychics, magic, monsters, angels, crystal balls or tarot cards. Frankly, it's codswallop, all of it.

• Love
Reactions: Sargasm, blanketyblk and woxihuanni
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I'd start with James Randi. For the past 60 (sixty!) years he has offered a million dollar prize to anyone who can demonstrate any type of paranormal activity. He describes himself as a skeptic, as do I.

I try to be consistent, so I don't believe in anything supernatural across the board... no god/gods, ghosts, psychics, magic, monsters, angels, crystal balls or tarot cards. Frankly, it's codswallop, all of it.

I still believe there's something else out there. I've experienced something of the sorts. But yeah, some of those guys are just crazies and know no more than the rest of us.

Reactions: gingerplum and pole
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I honestly don't know. Some things can't be explained but sadly there are charltons out there x

Reactions: pole
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I have a unicorn for sale if you want to buy one?

• Love
Reactions: RedRoses, gingerplum and woxihuanni
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
(Stan gets out his spray can) - Yes it is Rachel

• Love
Reactions: RedRoses, gingerplum, RedAlert and 2 others
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
See my mom had some sort of this done and she was a Victorian girl who died in the work house. She believed it, I thought she had been at the Sherry again!

Reactions: Stan, woxihuanni and LuzurPhagget
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
its gives someone a living, but not an honest one in my opinion. If it was for pure entertainment, I kinda get it, but when people pay hard earned cash for it then I change my stance. when one gives me next weeks winning lottery numbers then I will sit up and take notice.

Reactions: gingerplum and Boochky
K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
I don't know if people can remember their past lives but I believe in reincarnation. A flash of existence between 2 eternal nothings seems absurd to me. Life and death coming in cycles makes more sense in my mind. The core philosophical ideas of Hinduism are not something that can be dismissed as nonsense imho.

"Now if plurality and difference belong only to the appearance-form; if there is but one and the same Entity manifested in all living things: it follows that, when we obliterate the distinction between the ego and the non-ego, we are not the sport of an illusion. Rather are we so, when we maintain the reality of individuation, — a thing the Hindus call Maya, that is, a deceptive vision, a phantasma. The former theory we have found to be the actual source of the phaenomenon of Compassion; indeed Compassion is nothing but its translation into definite expression. This, therefore, is what I should regard as the metaphysical foundation of Ethics, and should describe it as the sense which identifies the ego with the non-ego, so that the individual directly recognises in another his own self, his true and very being. From this standpoint the profoundest teaching of theory pushed to its furthest limits may be shown in the end to harmonise perfectly with the rules of justice and loving-kindness, as exercised; and conversely, it will be clear that practical philosophers, that is, the upright, the beneficent, the magnanimous, do but declare through their acts the same truth as the man of speculation wins by laborious research … He who is morally noble, however deficient in mental penetration, reveals by his conduct the deepest insight, the truest wisdom; and puts to shame the most accomplished and learned genius, if the latter's acts betray that his heart is yet a stranger to this great principle, — the metaphysical unity of life. "

Arthur Schopenhauer

Reactions: Ambie, Woodnote, IsadoraBeauxdraps and 2 others
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Totally believe in rebirth from my own experience and study.

Reactions: pole
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I have a unicorn for sale if you want to buy one?

How much?
Totally believe in rebirth from my own experience and study.

Lol, but you're still thinking of CTB? I heard it's like a reset button. I wonder if I'll come back as much as the social fucktard I am now. Or maybe my soul just has to go through this...

Last edited:
Reactions: alexithymia
Trainwreck

Trainwreck

Student
Sep 11, 2019
Anyone ever see the tv show the Mentalist? He passed himself off as a psychic, but was actually just extremely observant.

That said, I'm kind of curious about weird dreams I've had all my life. I often dream that I'm someone else in a different time period. A common theme is that I'm in the military. Probably just a side effect from taking Paxil :blarg:

Reactions: gingerplum, Stan and LuzurPhagget
Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
Eh dont trust them. I kinda do think that past lives and reincarnation is a thing but I will never know for sure. It makes sense that somehow we are in this eternal circle of life and death just like nature (creation and destruction).

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
How much?

Lol, but you're still thinking of CTB? I heard it's like a reset button. I wonder if I'll come back as much as the social fucktard I am now. Or maybe my soul just has to go through this...

Yeah it's true that suicide and rebirth don't mix well.

ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Reincarnation sounds like hell to me. However, I have experienced paranormal things. I am sure there is an unseen dimension. I think we are just at peace when we die. I think people who dream of or "remember" past lives are probably accessing ancestral memories which is written in our DNA.

Reactions: drake4871, Trainwreck and LuzurPhagget
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Reincarnation sounds like hell to me. However, I have experienced paranormal things. I am sure there is an unseen dimension. I think we are just at peace when we die. I think people who dream of or "remember" past lives are probably accessing ancestral memories which is written in our DNA.

That's some Dune stuff right there. :) True, reincarnation is the worst conception of hell anybody came up with. Not to mention that a society where that belief is rife is one of the worst in terms of human rights. Quiet telling.

Reactions: Boochky and ThriveOrDie
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Anyone ever see the tv show the Mentalist? He passed himself off as a psychic, but was actually just extremely observant.

That said, I'm kind of curious about weird dreams I've had all my life. I often dream that I'm someone else in a different time period. A common theme is that I'm in the military. Probably just a side effect from taking Paxil :blarg:

Aha, I pretty much NEVER dream. I feel like I'm half-dead.

Trainwreck

Trainwreck

Student
Sep 11, 2019

Assassins Creed! I loved those games.

Reactions: Venessolotic and ThriveOrDie
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I don't think I believe in reincarnation, but I remember going to a psychic at the 1988 Renaissance Pleasure Faire (I was a volunteer/performer there). The psychic told me that in a prior life (in the 19th century, I suppose) I was a Chinese mandarin who became addicted to opium.

Reactions: Venessolotic and LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I don't think I believe in reincarnation, but I remember going to a psychic at the 1988 Renaissance Pleasure Faire (I was a volunteer/performer there). The psychic told me that in a prior life (in the 19th century, I suppose) I was a Chinese mandarin who became addicted to opium.

Interesting. You think there's anythkng to it? Any addictions? And she said that person died from the addiction?

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Imagine this scenario. You are a happy person, great family and good friends. Don't really want anything more in life as you have hit your sweetspot. You kinda believe in past lives but never followed up on it. Happen to go to a psychic fair, sit down in front of a wizened old gypsy who looks you in the eye and says "Yes, you had a past life...........you were Adolf Hitler........."

Reactions: LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Imagine this scenario. You are a happy person, great family and good friends. Don't really want anything more in life as you have hit your sweetspot. You kinda believe in past lives but never followed up on it. Happen to go to a psychic fair, sit down in front of a wizened old gypsy who looks you in the eye and says "Yes, you had a past life...........you were Adolf Hitler........."

Lmao, was this you?? Yeah, these psychics and their "rules" about reincarnation. Apparently there are none. The soul decides whatever the hell it chooses to rejncarnate as in order to learn and grow. Pfft. So who knows, maybe Hitler's soul could have reincarnated into a normal, lide-loving person and lifetimes from now get punished for those misdeeds. Freaking dumb shit.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Lmao, was this you?? Yeah, these psychics and their "rules" about reincarnation. Apparently there are none. The soul decides whatever the hell it chooses to rejncarnate as in order to learn and grow. Pfft. So who knows, maybe Hitler's soul could have reincarnated into a normal, lide-loving person and lifetimes from now get punished for those misdeeds. Freaking dumb shit.
No, but its a great way to mess with someone's head! Can't see anyone being happy after being told something like that. I feel these type of 'entertainers' prey on susceptible people and scam them for money and should be treated for the charlatans that they are

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Interesting. You think there's anythkng to it? Any addictions? And she said that person died from the addiction?

I don't know whether there is anything to it — I hope not. (One life in this sad and beautiful world is enough.) The substances to which I am addicted are pizza, ice cream, chocolate, Diet Dr Pepper, etc. (I am also addicted to suicide fantasies, but that is not a substance.) I am terrified of becoming addicted to opiates and have a needle phobia. I don't remember the psychic saying that the mandarin died from his opium addiction, but it is plausible.

LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
No, but its a great way to mess with someone's head! Can't see anyone being happy after being told something like that. I feel these type of 'entertainers' prey on susceptible people and scam them for money and should be treated for the charlatans that they are

Yeah, I could definitely be one of those susceptible people. To be honest, in some ways, talking to some of these people was actually better than talking to a therapist. I feel they picked up on things immediately and I didn't have to explain in depth so many things. But on the other hand, I kind of feel like I'm more confused about things lol. Kind of a give and take.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Someone mentioned above about a TV programme called The Mentalist. Does give a decent insight into how particularly clever people can read the conscious or subconcious clues we give off. We have entertainers in the UK who use this technique in interesting ways and have TV shows and I think a couple of Netflix specials plying their art. But at least they honest and saying what they are doing and that nobody could get mentally distraught by the tricks they do

LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I don't know whether there is anything to it — I hope not. (One life in this sad and beautiful world is enough.) The substances to which I am addicted are pizza, ice cream, chocolate, Diet Dr Pepper, etc. (I am also addicted to suicide fantasies, but that is not a substance.) I am terrified of becoming addicted to opiates and have a needle phobia. I don't remember the psychic saying that the mandarin died from his opium addiction, but it is plausible.

Aha, chocolate addiction. If one could overdose on that, that would be my method (and not the long strung out diabetes situation). And DIET dr pepper? Never tried that.

And yeah, could just be bollocks. Pretty sure they didn't have needles back then...or at least not for administering opium. I thought you could only smoke that.