R

Rox222

Nov 19, 2018
Did anyone try past life regression therapy, does it actually work. I am thinking of going through it before exiting finally

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Circles and Tally
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
If you're thinking of it as an avenue to explore, I say go for it. It doesn't remove your option to CTB and it could be worthwhile. If nothing else, it might be really interesting.

I had a past life regression session with a psychic once, when I was in my late teens. I wasn't sure what to make of it then, but in later years I've found myself in eerily parallel situations to what the psychic described me having done before. It's pretty spooky. I may be an atheist and a skeptic, but even skeptics can see stuff that stretches the limits of their skepticism. There is more to life than can be defined by science.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
If you're thinking of it as an avenue to explore, I say go for it. It doesn't remove your option to CTB and it could be worthwhile. If nothing else, it might be really interesting.

I had a past life regression session with a psychic once, when I was in my late teens. I wasn't sure what to make of it then, but in later years I've found myself in eerily parallel situations to what the psychic described me having done before. It's pretty spooky. I may be an atheist and a skeptic, but even skeptics can see stuff that stretches the limits of their skepticism. There is more to life than can be defined by science.
Would you,care to elaborate on the parallels? I understand if too personal

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
It's difficult to describe, just because a full answer would be very long-winded.

The regression the psychic guided me through explored a couple of the lives I had led, and how my choices in those lives affected me --regrets, satisfactions, etc. I think I was maybe 16? 17? at the time. Again and again after that I found myself able to look up and say, "well shit, here I am again; I made exactly the same choices as I did back when I was a shipwright in the Mediterranean in Roman times, and I've ended up feeling exactly the same way..." Choices on prioritizing one thing over another, or on different life paths. I know that sounds very broad, but there have been some specifics (that are too personal) that were alarmingly exact, and the moments where I found myself in those parallels were as shockingly exposing as being caught in a spotlight: frozen moments where memories that psychic brought out become hyper-clear.

I don't know what to make of it, but if you've got a psychic you trust, I say you should go for it. If nothing else, it's a fascinating diversion.

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and Soul
K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
Thanks for sharing, it's interesting to hear

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I've never done past life regression therapy but perhaps I should.

Expert investigates 10-year-old's reincarnation claims

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I was suppose to have some type of therapy I forgot the name, but it had something to do with eye movement? I cannot remember the name of this therapy though. All I remember is it is for trauma, and you wear goggles, and something with eye movement.

EMDR maybe? I have no idea.

KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
The fact that past life regression works so well and so often gives the lie to the Buddhist insistence that human rebirths are rare. This is one reason I'm not a Buddhist; they get many, many things correct, far more than any other religion, but some of what they get wrong is incredibly dangerous spiritually and causes despair.

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
there are past life regression audio tapes by Brian Weiss amongst others, on YouTube, which if they don't work at least give you an idea of the experience. this kind of therapy has cured people of depression and anxiety so it's at least worth a try before you ctb (if you are affected). not sure i will though because i don't think i could be hypnotised

Reactions: Soul and KnightOfEnceladus
R

Rox222

Nov 19, 2018
Ta
there are past life regression audio tapes by Brian Weiss amongst others, on YouTube, which if they don't work at least give you an idea of the experience. this kind of therapy has cured people of depression and anxiety so it's at least worth a try before you ctb (if you are affected). not sure i will though because i don't think i could be hypnotised
Tha
T
Thanks I'll look into it

Reactions: Seekingpeacenow
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
When I was some five or six years old, I had often nightmares that could have been no way memories or experiences from my life. I had not read about or seen any imagery remotely resembling anything from anywhere. But it was something and somewhere. Five years later I was crushed and torn apart by a cargo truck, I don't know how they managed to keep me alive and they even put me back together, but the grief I caused to others is unforgivable. Around ten years later I tried to recreate the earlier dreams as much as I could, by drawing what I remembered, but I can't see a way to recreate the atmosphere. So I am actually more interested in what is between the present and the previous.

Reactions: Soul and DyingWitsie
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Did anyone try past life regression therapy, does it actually work. I am thinking of going through it before exiting finally

I think you should try it out. There are no garauntees that you will succesfully experience past life memories, but can't see any harm in trying it out. It might enrich you.

Reactions: Soul
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
<< if you've got a psychic you trust >>

good luck with that one

Reactions: omoidarui
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
The fact that past life regression works so well and so often gives the lie to the Buddhist insistence that human rebirths are rare. This is one reason I'm not a Buddhist; they get many, many things correct, far more than any other religion, but some of what they get wrong is incredibly dangerous spiritually and causes despair.

Try and look how many animals and animals species there are. Or look at an anthill. Humans are very rare although we are more than ever. If you look at rebirth from a beginningless perspective, then our human rebirths may be very rare. In buddhism we say that we have all been humans, animals, gods, half-gods, pretas, hell beings at some point. I agree though that buddhism does not provide comfort unless you are established on the path.

Buddhism was never really intended to be comforting though. Samsara is taught be more or less endless suffering in either minor or major ways, which is not hard to recognize especially on a site where we all have suicide ideation. Buddhism teaches a path though that closes the door to the lower realms if you are able to practice it. Dharma is in many ways meant to shake you up and use this human rebirth to create merit and wisdom to the best of our abilities.

Buddhism does not discourage people practice other religions though or having different beliefs, but obviously if we enter a discussion we will debate our point of view. I would like to believe that we all go to heaven when we die, I've just never seen any convincing evidence that we do and in general i see the way of the world to very harsh and unforgiving. I believe though that good people and good christians and other religious people though might have a happy rebirth or after life by praciting a way of life that is good and compassionate.

KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
@Shamana, you continue to miss the point. And I suspect you will keep on missing the point because you're wedded to your dogma. Well, you do you I suppose...

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni and Soul
Seekingpeacenow

Seekingpeacenow

Jun 12, 2019
It depends on the purpose. It can be helpful to remember but you don't usually get to choose what lifetime you remember. I've done many and while it has provided insight just remembering does not heal the trauma. I read all of Brian Weiss books and he makes some of the memories seem like a magic pill but they aren't. Just remembering won't heal the trauma. You'll just remember it. And sometimes that is traumatizing. You may end up remembering past lives or even this life but I do recommend his books for anyone that is interested.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It's really interesting stuff. My dad has a great story about it.

When he was 4 or 5, he was taken to a war museum. He enjoyed it but was terrified by a single German aircraft they had on display there. He never thought much of it, until he saw a past life regressionist in his forties. She told him he'd died in WWII, shot down by an aircraft that she described in great detail, and it was the very same kind my dad had been frightened by at the museum as a boy. He was born in '52 so the timing seems to make sense too. He's been into planes all his life and was also a pilot, but the regressionist didn't know that of him beforehand.

I don't really know what to make of it exactly, but I find it a bit too freaky to ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlelady774, Circles and Seekingpeacenow
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I tried using this video

But nothing happened. Guess I'm living my first life.