merc5361

merc5361

Aug 8, 2024
I've got my setup all ready. I've got a noose knot setup, and the other end firmly attached to a coat hanger. The overall vertical distance from the coat hanger to the ground is around my height, so i would have my feet touching the ground so full suspension hanging is unfortunately off the table for now.

I do understand some general advice I need to keep in mind are as follows:

1) Ensure that the knot is behind my neck
2) Try to place the rope as high up so as to constrict my carotid artery (this is the tough part)

Anything else I need to keep in mind? I will be using an 8mm nylon rope to help me CTB.

Thanks so much!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: vampire2002, AlouA, deathsisarelief and 1 other person
A

AlouA

looking for CTB partner in SEA
Sep 19, 2023
I've got my setup all ready. I've got a noose knot setup, and the other end firmly attached to a coat hanger. The overall vertical distance from the coat hanger to the ground is around my height, so i would have my feet touching the ground so full suspension hanging is unfortunately off the table for now.

2) Try to place the rope as high up so as to constrict my carotid artery (this is the tough part)

Anything else I need to keep in mind? I will be using an 8mm nylon rope to help me CTB.

Thanks so much!
Im sorry but i don't have anything in mind to add up. However, threads like your gives me hope that partial hanging which is my only viable method, could work for me too.. please keep us updated about your setup! I would like to follow yours if it works as well. Ty

WaitingPatiently

WaitingPatiently

:(
Mar 29, 2023
I would make sure to double and triple check that the rope / anchor you are using can support your weight. I passed out in the noose and woke up on the floor. You could easily survive and become a vegetable if it breaks after a couple minutes.

S

Savemysoul86

Aug 20, 2024

Thanks so much!
What were the exact dimension other than 8mm? Will slipknot be more or less effective and quick?

merc5361

merc5361

Aug 8, 2024
What were the exact dimension other than 8mm? Will slipknot be more or less effective and quick?
I'm using a nooseknot. My setup is basically as described above. I may try it out next week or this weekend. You can send me a dm.

If I don't respond, well...... you have your answer. If I do respond, well.....you'll have your answer either way (or maybe not if I chicken out).

F

failure33object

Sep 30, 2022
I would make sure to double and triple check that the rope / anchor you are using can support your weight. I passed out in the noose and woke up on the floor. You could easily survive and become a vegetable if it breaks after a couple minutes.

What was your 'setup' like and what happened? Did you somehow slip out whilst unconscious or did something break?

For OP, I could be wrong but I recall reading somewhere those knots are meant for full suspension, not partial...

WaitingPatiently

WaitingPatiently

:(
Mar 29, 2023
I used a slipknot in a necktie as suggested by the partial guide pinned to the site. I didn't thoroughly stress test it and after passing out, it ripped completely through leaving me with a rope around my neck on the ground.

pandorasactor

pandorasactor

Sep 23, 2024
Well I'm doing full suspension but practised with partial suspension. The main things you want to do in both is have the rope above the hyoid bone, knot behind neck, and hyperventilate first before getting of the stool (all at once and not to fast as that's painful).

I did this and forced my body down and I successfully staring losing vision. The other thing is you can also compress your vagus nerve also which is what I did cause my neck is skinny. I began to pass out then got a buzz/warmth feeling throught my body. It wasn't pain ful at all. I didn't go through with it and have the forcefully stand up to back out (which is the only time I felt physical pain).

So for full suspension, I know the feeling I'm supposed to feel when it's working. I just have to work on SI for which I think I found the answer today.