fancifulfate

fancifulfate

You were my reason for living
Dec 22, 2023
Probably not going to work but attempting in a couple days because my life is literally ruined. Any tips? I figure I'll probably have to go with full suspension because the guide about the positions of partial hanging make no sense to me. Then I see articles about how literal children have hung themselves in closets (very sad) and feel like even more of a fucking loser.

A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
It makes me feel like a loser that little kids could figure it out but I can't 🤣

Reactions: maneose
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think it mostly has to do with being resolved. I mean anyone can tie one end of a rope to a clothing rod in a closet, the other end around their neck, and then simply lean forward. I do suppose one needs to learn to tie the correct knot on the end of the rope around the neck. Maybe where to place their feet on the back wall of the closet where the wall meets the floor, too. Other than that, though, it's more about being resolved regarding the decision.

Reactions: fancifulfate
fancifulfate

fancifulfate

You were my reason for living
Dec 22, 2023
I think it mostly has to do with being resolved. I mean anyone can tie one end of a rope to a clothing rod in a closet, the other end around their neck, and then simply lean forward. I do suppose one needs to learn to tie the correct knot on the end of the rope around the neck. Maybe where to place their feet on the back wall of the closet where the wall meets the floor, too. Other than that, though, it's more about being resolved regarding the decision.
I'd say probably a lot of people who accomplished partials were really inebriated but I guess that wouldn't explain literal elementary school children being able to do it. But maybe still being super drunk or messed up is a secret to success. I feel like I've moved away from my resolute stance on wanting to CTB or maybe it's just the pain meds the hospital is giving me rn making me feel like everything will be alright but I'm feeling less horrendous. It does suck cause I might have to stay here a few days but at least they won't take my phone from me cause technically what happened to me is misadventure not mental health so I get to avoid being on a psych unit and avoid having my phone taken

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I hope that you find the freedom you search for, I wish that it's not so unnecessarily difficult for one to permanently cease existing, in my case I certainly envy those who managed to succeed.

Reactions: iloverachel
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd say probably a lot of people who accomplished partials were really inebriated but I guess that wouldn't explain literal elementary school children being able to do it. But maybe still being super drunk or messed up is a secret to success. I feel like I've moved away from my resolute stance on wanting to CTB or maybe it's just the pain meds the hospital is giving me rn making me feel like everything will be alright but I'm feeling less horrendous. It does suck cause I might have to stay here a few days but at least they won't take my phone from me cause technically what happened to me is misadventure not mental health so I get to avoid being on a psych unit and avoid having my phone taken
I'm glad you're getting some help if you need it. For the record I don't think partial is an entirely reliable method, but that opinion is only based on what I've read, not because I have any first-hand experience with it. I did have a cousin who succeeded with it, and he utilized the exact method I outlined in my previous post. I don't think he was inebriated in any way, though, just resolute. He was super depressed because his family, religious zealots, weren't accepting him after he came out to them, and even went so far as to try and "cast away the demons" that inhabited him with help from the church they belonged to (not Catholic). It drove him to suicide. They drove him to suicide. He was only 20.

You can always revisit ctb at another time if need be. It's not going anywhere. That's what's nice about it. I think you're right that some type of sedation could help when/if the time actually comes. I just don't think that arriving at your choice while inebriated might be the best time to make such a decision.