Xisalittletired

Xisalittletired

Knee-deep in the poacher's dream
Feb 17, 2023
I hate the feeling you get when your parents say something nice to you after years of torment. You expect it to be a good feeling, but it's not. Jeez. It's just saddening, hey, you could've been here for me all this time yet decide to toy with my feelings whenever it benefits you. I'm sooooo glad that my success is starting to finally make you pay attention to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: rei71, Ai-chan and SleepyRobloxGrl
Yuki K

Yuki K

Student
Mar 9, 2023
I understand how you feel. I've not experienced that anyone from my family but there were other people who wanted to befriend me because of my successes and it is really saddening. I hope your situation gets better and you feel better.

Virtual hugs from me to you
Huggies

Xisalittletired

Xisalittletired

Feb 17, 2023
I understand how you feel. I've not experienced that anyone from my family but there were other people who wanted to befriend me because of my successes and it is really saddening. I hope your situation gets better and you feel better.

Virtual hugs from me to you
View attachment 106199
Thank you, it's just been bugging me since my last phone call with them, and it feels like things especially this past week have started crashing down on me again. I tried altering my mindset and I haven't been on this site in a while, just kind of feels like I've been masking my feelings away to try and live in a better reality atp. Thanks for the hug :]

Yuki K

Yuki K

Student
Mar 9, 2023
Thank you, it's just been bugging me since my last phone call with them, and it feels like things especially this past week have started crashing down on me again. I tried altering my mindset and I haven't been on this site in a while, just kind of feels like I've been masking my feelings away to try and live in a better reality atp. Thanks for the hug :]
I know how masking or bottling up all kinds of feelings feels like. It gets tremendously unbearable sometimes. that's why people sometimes imagine that they're living in a better reality that the one they are living in. But that just delays the problem, it doesn't fix it, that's escapism. Still I wish you all the best for everything ahead of you in life

Reactions: Xisalittletired
Lament

Lament

π“Œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ’½ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š π“Œπ‘’π“‡π‘’ 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒
Mar 13, 2023
I sympathize with your experience. I only recently got the opportunity to sit down with my mom and sort of openly talk about my perception of her when I was younger, and how things she said made me feel. It was weird hearing that her strictness, and the resulting effect that it had on my perception of her - which was mainly fear - was for the 'sake of my personhood' in being able to assuredly control what I could and couldn't do. I can definitely justify some of it, like my inability to sneak out to go to parties through high school, but it did create a kind of estranged resentment and confusion towards my parents.

It's weird to hear those same people talk to you in informalities, kindnesses, and at the same level when you've spent your whole life somewhat ordered around by them, and I can relate to that, and its resulting sadness and frustration when it feels like it's only because your change in circumstance; as if being any older, more mature, or more successful gives a person any right to treat you more or less 'fairly'. Hope you're doing okay otherwise.

Virtual hugs sent your way <3

Xisalittletired

Xisalittletired

Feb 17, 2023
I sympathize with your experience. I only recently got the opportunity to sit down with my mom and sort of openly talk about my perception of her when I was younger, and how things she said made me feel. It was weird hearing that her strictness, and the resulting effect that it had on my perception of her - which was mainly fear - was for the 'sake of my personhood' in being able to assuredly control what I could and couldn't do. I can definitely justify some of it, like my inability to sneak out to go to parties through high school, but it did create a kind of estranged resentment and confusion towards my parents.

It's weird to hear those same people talk to you in informalities, kindnesses, and at the same level when you've spent your whole life somewhat ordered around by them, and I can relate to that, and its resulting sadness and frustration when it feels like it's only because your change in circumstance; as if being any older, more mature, or more successful gives a person any right to treat you more or less 'fairly'. Hope you're doing okay otherwise.

Virtual hugs sent your way <3
It's absolutely not fair for people to bring someone into this world and then treat them poorly, children are well aware of what is being said to them/how their parents perceive them, and those thoughts and feelings are only enhanced through adulthood if not dealt with earlier. I'm sorry for your experience. I've unfortunately grown to have a horrible love/hate relationship with them, as I'm sure you probably understand. I wish I could've had them treat me like this when I was still developing. :'] Thanks for the hugs <3

• Love
Reactions: Lament
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it's just so awful how people can be so cruel, I see procreation as being selfish enough without treating the person who they brought into this world so badly. Humans undeniably are responsible for so much of the suffering that unfortunately exists here.