K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Snapchat 1768138745 1
My parents have been showing me a lot of stuff about college around here. I was not paying attention at all and my mom threatened to take away my things because I was being "rude."

Well, apparently not wanting to be pushed into something I don't like is being rude. I don't get it.

I want to tell her how much I hate her but I can't just outright say that. I've yelled at her so many times just to get her to shut up and she still doesn't get it.
She's so manipulative and controlling. I remember in middle school she'd take away the internet for months if I even got one bad test score, or stepped-up to her in any way. I had only one friend and it just made my life worse every day I was isolated from the others.

My brother was independent at 14 and here I am, way past that age, still being pushed around by her.

She knows I have depression, she knows I was going to kill myself awhile ago, and here we are, back to square one of her harassing me daily, mocking my mental illness.

I want to get a job over the summer to avoid any stress of school and work. There was one opportunity I was looking at to make some money but my mom said we were all going to do the job together. ._.
I told her I don't want to do anything with her, and she said I won't have to, but they'll still be there, same thing to me honestly. When I looked at a different opportunity, like a cashier, she wants my sister to work at the same place as me, again, I don't want to be around them at all. My sister struggles with being independent, she can't do anything on her own / without guidance, but she abused me as a kid so I could care less.

I hate my family, I hate everyone in my family, with the half exception of my father, who is a decent man that actually understands me and cares about me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: death137, x~Sophia~x, Rn110bg101 and 7 others
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
I am so sorry hun. I know what its like to live with a house full of abusers by people who are supposed to be "family". And they hang that word over your head like its supposed to absolve them of their wrong doing. I hope that you are able to find a way out and find peace whatever that looks like for you ok? *hugs*

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, ecmnesia, Kat! and 2 others
L

lifesucksxoxo

Nov 3, 2020
View attachment 50995
My parents have been showing me a lot of stuff about college around here. I was not paying attention at all and my mom threatened to take away my things because I was being "rude."

Well, apparently not wanting to be pushed into something I don't like is being rude. I don't get it.

I want to tell her how much I hate her but I can't just outright say that. I've yelled at her so many times just to get her to shut up and she still doesn't get it.
She's so manipulative and controlling. I remember in middle school she'd take away the internet for months if I even got one bad test score, or stepped-up to her in any way. I had only one friend and it just made my life worse every day I was isolated from the others.

My brother was independent at 14 and here I am, way past that age, still being pushed around by her.

She knows I have depression, she knows I was going to kill myself awhile ago, and here we are, back to square one of her harassing me daily, mocking my mental illness.

I want to get a job over the summer to avoid any stress of school and work. There was one opportunity I was looking at to make some money but my mom said we were all going to do the job together. ._.
I told her I don't want to do anything with her, and she said I won't have to, but they'll still be there, same thing to me honestly. When I looked at a different opportunity, like a cashier, she wants my sister to work at the same place as me, again, I don't want to be around them at all. My sister struggles with being independent, she can't do anything on her own / without guidance, but she abused me as a kid so I could care less.

I hate my family, I hate everyone in my family, with the half exception of my father, who is a decent man that actually understands me and cares about me.
Brutal, I hate my parents too.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kat!, darksideofthebright, botanormal and 1 other person
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
This sounds like a really difficult situation, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Having to live with an abusive parent is extremely painful, I hope you're able to get out of this situation soon. Do you think it would be at all possible for you to move out, maybe with someone you know if you couldn't afford a place of your own? It sounds like you need to get away from your mother and experience independence, so you are free to make your own choices. People who try to control you in such a way don't have your best interests in mind, so it's best to escape the situation as soon as possible, I think. Have you talked to your father about this? Maybe there's something he could do to help you. I hope you are able to get into a better situation soon, you don't deserve this. Your choices are yours, and yours alone. And your depression should never be something to be mocked, you are completely valid. Sending hugs! :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 23586, Kat! and darksideofthebright
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
This sounds like a really difficult situation, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Having to live with an abusive parent is extremely painful, I hope you're able to get out of this situation soon. Do you think it would be at all possible for you to move out, maybe with someone you know if you couldn't afford a place of your own? It sounds like you need to get away from your mother and experience independence, so you are free to make your own choices. People who try to control you in such a way don't have your best interests in mind, so it's best to escape the situation as soon as possible, I think. Have you talked to your father about this? Maybe there's something he could do to help you. I hope you are able to get into a better situation soon, you don't deserve this. Your choices are yours, and yours alone. And your depression should never be something to be mocked, you are completely valid. Sending hugs! :hug:
Thank you for that.
Brutal, I hate my parents too.
Yeah, it's just back and forth all the time. I understand how you feel.
I am so sorry hun. I know what its like to live with a house full of abusers by people who are supposed to be "family". And they hang that word over your head like its supposed to absolve them of their wrong doing. I hope that you are able to find a way out and find peace whatever that looks like for you ok? *hugs*
And thank you. I should try relaxing sometime from my house, it's just like this way too often.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
unfortunately, i kind of understand your situation. i am really sorry, I'd try to give an advice if I at least knew what to do...

are you still underage?

the only way I found to get some peace from my family was by moving to another city when I went to college, but i am not sure that's something you can do... surely covid made things way harder to you as well.

that may sound stupid... but have you already tried setting boundaries with her? when used to abusive relatives that might be incredibly difficult to do, and although it won't probably solve the issues you have with them, it might ease your situation a bit, at least regarding the job.

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal and x~Sophia~x