I

ishbrain

May 30, 2024
I'm sure there's a ton of posts about this already, but how do you overcome the SI that comes with full suspension?

The first time i tried I was able to free myself but at first there was absolutely no fear, completely on impulse and it would've worked had I not panicked/been able to get myself loose. I've tried since then but it feels like the first time is always in the back of my head and I always back out

I really want to go through with this but the second I'm up there I panic

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
First, killing yourself is scary! Don't feel bad about not being able to follow through. I'm planning full suspension myself and what really helped me was practice. I get freaked out by the tingly feeling right before I pass out so I'm basically doing exposure therapy with it. I have been practicing in a way that won't lead to accidental ctb but will still get me damn close. I have gotten used to the feeling and it doesn't freak me out nearly as much as it did before.

Also, just answered this question a few hours ago so here's a link to that

Hope this is somewhat helpful. Good luck!

I

ishbrain

May 30, 2024
Appreciate the link a ton, I'll definitely look through it! I'm new and I don't think I was able to use a sort of search function for the forum before

Before the first time I attempted I had experimented with partial just to get a feel for where the best spot on my neck is to get that tingly feeling without the choking/head exploding sensation. But, one thing that worries me with practicing is that I feel like I'm sort of prolonging it? It's very frustrating because I know I would've been successful but I can't get in the same headspace I was to take that leap and making sure I'm set up so I can't back out like last time, even though my mental health has gotten so much worse since then. I was so ready to die at that moment, I wasn't over complicating things and I just went for it.

I think it's been mentioned before on posts I've read, but I'm also considering taking something that will put me to sleep/help me pass out beforehand but again it's like, I don't want to over complicate it. Just wish I could get to where my brain was the first time but it kinda rattled me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth