Nihilities

Nihilities

Sep 4, 2024
Although very recently I came close to attempting, a fear of death seems to hold me back from going through with my plans. It is not exactly a fear of not knowing what is on the other side by itself, rather, I fear the possibility of further suffering after death or of living again in general. I brought myself to attempt twice before, however these were half-assed and obviously ineffective; I suspect that this same fear of death influenced how badly they turned out. Are there any ways to ameliorate this fear, or perhaps find the courage to take initiative? If you have any answers, thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and LifeQuitter
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
There is no empirical evidence supporting the concept of reincarnation, where a person's consciousness or identity is reborn into a new body. Scientific methods and research have not confirmed this phenomenon.

Each sperm and egg carry a unique set of genetic material. When a sperm fertilizes an egg, the resulting zygote has a specific genetic combination from that particular sperm and egg.

If a different sperm had fertilized the egg, the genetic contribution from that sperm would be different. This would alter the genetic makeup of the resulting embryo. The combination of genes, including those affecting physical traits, personality, and predispositions, would be different.

The embryo that develops from this new combination of genetic material would not be the same individual as the one resulting from the original sperm and egg. It would be a different individual with its own unique set of traits and characteristics.

The specific combination of genes that created you is unique to the sperm and egg that did meet. If a different sperm had succeeded, it would have resulted in a different individual, not "you."

• Informative
Reactions: CrestDragon, divinemistress36, Nihilities and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Whatever happens, it would happen one day regardless.

Reactions: Nihilities
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hope you find the peace you search for, personally what I fear is this cruel, torturous existence that just causes all this suffering, I've only ever found comfort in death as I believe it to simply be nothingness where I cannot suffer anymore and all is forgotten about for me, I only hope to never exist again.

Reactions: Nihilities and Unknown21
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
Everybody will one day meet the same fate, some people just meet it earlier than others

Reactions: divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I haven't attempted yet so, I don't know how it's going to be for me. I feel like the main thing I want to tell myself though is- I'm doing this now to save myself from a life that is difficult now and will very likely get harder. I'm doing this because I've had enough. I'm doing this because I don't want to experience old age, likely illness and very likely get to a point where I can no longer CTB of my own volition.

The process of dying will likely be painful and scary but I doubt my natural death will be a whole lot more pleasant. The prospect of an afterlife is scary but- that's also there regardless (if it exists.) I don't think God (if there is one) will like me whether I suicide or not. I don't like them. So- I'm already screwed on that front.

I'm very doubtful as to whether there even is a God to be honest anyway. If there is one, I feel like there's enough evidence to suggest they have the equivalent of very strong sadistic, narcissistic and psychopathic tendancies. I don't think you can win against beings that are like that. They don't hold with the same moral values. And really, I've had enough experience of trying to not displease people like that on earth! I don't want to be walking on egg shells in the afterlife too. I'll just have to accept the alternative in hell if there is one. I'm not willing to suck up to a being I find so morally questionable now to try and spare myself. That seems untruthful to my values. Plus- there's no way I could fool God anyway. They'll know how I feel about them.

May as well try and get my death over with and deal with whatever consequences there will be. (That's what I plan to try and reassure myself with.)

Reactions: Nihilities