T

tarjebie

Jul 4, 2024
Would 1g of oxycodone kill me? I used to take 30 mg a day, but now I'm off for a while.

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
How long is a while? The general answer is gonna be that this is prob not reliable, esp if you have a prior tolerance, your brain doesnt just snap back to how it was before you ever took an opioid. There's a reason this is even billed as unreliable in the PPH.

Reactions: It'sNotLookingGood
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
The Dutch euthanasia guidelines and Philip Nitschke (PPH) advise against using opioids because of their unpredictable effects, but they are still used for self-euthanasia.

According to Dutch psychiatrist and suicide researcher Boudewijn Chabot over 50 cases have been reported in The Netherlands where 1 gram of oxycodone was used for ending life, and all of these people died.

One case failed because the person used OxyContin instead of oxycodone or OxyNorm. OxyContin releases the drug slowly, so there was no respiratory arrest.

Opioids can make you sleepy, but they don't cause 48 hours of deep sleep.
That's why a long-acting sedative is needed to prevent waking up from respiratory arrest (preferably 500 mg diazepam or flurazepam).

When someone has significant opioid tolerance, a dose of 1 grams of oxycodone might be too low.

Reactions: DrinkyCrow, LondonVillie and It'sNotLookingGood
T

tarjebie

Jul 4, 2024
The Dutch euthanasia guidelines and Philip Nitschke (PPH) advise against using opioids because of their unpredictable effects, but they are still used for self-euthanasia.

According to Dutch psychiatrist and suicide researcher Boudewijn Chabot over 50 cases have been reported in The Netherlands where 1 gram of oxycodone was used for ending life, and all of these people died.

One case failed because the person used OxyContin instead of oxycodone or OxyNorm. OxyContin releases the drug slowly, so there was no respiratory arrest.

Opioids can make you sleepy, but they don't cause 48 hours of deep sleep.
That's why a long-acting sedative is needed to prevent waking up from respiratory arrest (preferably 500 mg diazepam or flurazepam).

When someone has significant opioid tolerance, a dose of 1 grams of oxycodone might be too low.
Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Talvikki