regular ferret

regular ferret

I can see a way out
Oct 27, 2023
I am pretty close to the end. For the last 9 years the only reason I stayed alive was for the sake of my dog. But now he's dying. He has maybe another couple of weeks left.

Here's the thing, my plan was through SI, right? But now I'm not sure because I'm letting my dog die at home and I'd like to go holdhling him. I really don't want him to get covered in blood, so now I'm thinking pills.
I originally wanted to do it away from home so as not to decrease property values for my parents. But with chance of survival being higher, I can't risk doing it in public.

What do you think? Can I get some personal opinions please?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: fatladysings, ijustwishtodie and landslide2
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
SI = Self Injury????????

Reactions: fatladysings
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yes, it's from the acronyms page
Well, here it's more commonly used as an acronym for Survival Instinct, so hence the need for clarification. Also, SN is a common way to "hurt" oneself, and since "typos" happen all the time, wasn't sure if you really meant that.

Reactions: fatladysings, ijustwishtodie and Tonkpils
regular ferret

regular ferret

I can see a way out
Oct 27, 2023
Well, here it's more commonly used as an acronym for Survival Instinct, so hence the need for clarification. Also, SN is a common way to "hurt" oneself, and since "typos" happen all the time, wasn't sure if you really meant that.
Ohh I see, I was just trying to be a bit gentler or something so as not to upset anyone 🤦🏻‍♀️ I had just seen someone else use it as self injury a few minutes before, so i thought it was more common. My bad! I suppose there's not really a need to sensor yourself here anyway

• Love
Reactions: fatladysings, ijustwishtodie, landslide2 and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Ohh I see, I was just trying to be a bit gentler or something so as not to upset anyone 🤦🏻‍♀️ I had just seen someone else use it as self injury a few minutes before, so i thought it was more common. My bad! I suppose there's not really a need to sensor yourself here anyway
It's all good. You're right - everyone here has pretty much heard it all, so really no need to censor "in most cases". If in doubt, you can always put whatever might be in question under a "Spoiler".

Reactions: fatladysings and Tonkpils
regular ferret

regular ferret

I can see a way out
Oct 27, 2023
It's all good. You're right - everyone here has pretty much heard it all, so really no need to censor "in most cases". If in doubt, you can always put whatever might be in question under a "Spoiler".
Thank you 😊 I'm not very active on here (I might be more so for the foreseeable though) so I don't quite know how it works

Reactions: fatladysings, ijustwishtodie and locked*n*loaded
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Cutting is a very unreliable method. You have a 1-4% chance of success. More than likely you'll get nerve damage and make a massive mess with all the blood but survive.

• Informative
Reactions: locked*n*loaded and fatladysings
regular ferret

regular ferret

I can see a way out
Oct 27, 2023
Cutting is a very unreliable method. You have a 1-4% chance of success. More than likely you'll get nerve damage and make a massive mess with all the blood but survive.
Even the neck?

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Even the neck?
it is so incredibly unlikely that you'd be able to bring yourself to do that. if you don't believe me, I think you may find out for yourself if you attempt to give it a try. the human body was not made to injure itself in such a manner as this, unless you're severely mentally unstable or extremely motivated with absolutely zero hope of acquiring literally any other method. but this method involves an extreme body envelope violation and suffering, and most people could not bring themselves to do this no matter what the situation is.

you also mentioned pills. while this is certainly easier to do from a survival instinct perspective, this is also incredibly unlikely to work. most pills these days are generally quite safe even in extreme doses.

i'd recommend avoiding both of these to spare yourself any headaches or hard feelings from failing. you've been on this site for a while it seems, but have you checked out the suicide resource compilation? you may find something better there. and remember, if you ever have any questions, hesitations, or ideas about any method, it's important to ask questions like you're doing now rather than go in blind on assumptions. people here are quite knowledgeable, and with something as important and consequential as CTB, it's imperative that you don't do it impulsively on little information.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, fatladysings, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
For the last 9 years the only reason I stayed alive was for the sake of my dog. But now he's dying. He has maybe another couple of weeks left.
I'm sorry for the dog, and you too- that sounds so sad. :/

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, fatladysings and ijustwishtodie
regular ferret

regular ferret

I can see a way out
Oct 27, 2023
it is so incredibly unlikely that you'd be able to bring yourself to do that. if you don't believe me, I think you may find out for yourself if you attempt to give it a try. the human body was not made to injure itself in such a manner as this, unless you're severely mentally unstable or extremely motivated with absolutely zero hope of acquiring literally any other method. but this method involves an extreme body envelope violation and suffering, and most people could not bring themselves to do this no matter what the situation is.

you also mentioned pills. while this is certainly easier to do from a survival instinct perspective, this is also incredibly unlikely to work. most pills these days are generally quite safe even in extreme doses.

i'd recommend avoiding both of these to spare yourself any headaches or hard feelings from failing. you've been on this site for a while it seems, but have you checked out the suicide resource compilation? you may find something better there. and remember, if you ever have any questions, hesitations, or ideas about any method, it's important to ask questions like you're doing now rather than go in blind on assumptions. people here are quite knowledgeable, and with something as important and consequential as CTB, it's imperative that you don't do it impulsively on little information.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I was looking through the resources a little earlier but I don't have the means or guts for most of them. I will probably go with the pills and maybe SH too and hope for the best. I will be thinking about it more seriously when the time comes though. I'll make an informed decision

Reactions: fatladysings and ijustwishtodie
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I was looking through the resources a little earlier but I don't have the means or guts for most of them. I will probably go with the pills and maybe SH too and hope for the best. I will be thinking about it more seriously when the time comes though. I'll make an informed decision
if you're still determined to go down the pills route, be extremely careful with what pills you choose. the side effects and long term damage can be quite extensive depending on which drug you choose. i will say that tylenol/paracetamol is a big NO. it has a chance to kill you if you take enough, but it will be a long, grueling, and torturous death as your liver fails.

but i'm glad to hear you'll do some more thinking, that is good to hear. be careful. and remember, we're here if you have any more questions or ideas.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and fatladysings
regular ferret

regular ferret

I can see a way out
Oct 27, 2023
if you're still determined to go down the pills route, be extremely careful with what pills you choose. the side effects and long term damage can be quite extensive depending on which drug you choose. i will say that tylenol/paracetamol is a big NO. it has a chance to kill you if you take enough, but it will be a long, grueling, and torturous death as your liver fails.

but i'm glad to hear you'll do some more thinking, that is good to hear. be careful. and remember, we're here if you have any more questions or ideas.
I've tried paracetamol before so I know it's not worth it. I have a lot of pregabalin at my disposal so I was going to use that

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I've tried paracetamol before so I know it's not worth it. I have a lot of pregabalin at my disposal so I was going to use that
Both cutting and that medication are not going to do anything but make you sick and bloody. "Hoping for the best" with two unreliable methods is a terrible idea. I know you are in a lot of pain and want out but this will not get you out, it will only get you in a worse off position. Do not do this.

• Informative
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, fatladysings and Plato'sCaveDweller
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
doesn't look like that will be fatal at all, just unpleasant. have you researched that drug before?

regular ferret

regular ferret

I can see a way out
Oct 27, 2023
doesn't look like that will be fatal at all, just unpleasant. have you researched that drug before?
Yeah, it's got something of a death rate, I couldn't figure out how much I'd need to take though. (35mg/L) I think that's 35mg per litre of blood. But I gave no idea how many pills I'd have to take to get that. I think I have enough but I'm not 100% obviously

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
Yeah, it's got something of a death rate, I couldn't figure out how much I'd need to take though. (35mg/L) I think that's 35mg per litre of blood. But I gave no idea how many pills I'd have to take to get that. I think I have enough but I'm not 100% obviously
Everything has something of a death rate. You can die by drinking too much water or going on a walk or eating too many bananas. Anything can kill you. Doesn't mean the odds are in your favor. You'd probably vomit before reaching toxic levels in your blood, and if you do reach toxic levels it seems to be a bunch of unpleasant symptoms with an incredibly slim chance of death. Don't do it.

Reactions: fatladysings and Plato'sCaveDweller
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Unfortunately, cutting and ODing on pills are ineffective suicide methods. You shouldn't do either of those methods. Instead, do something that's more reliable and more peaceful

Reactions: kinderbueno, fatladysings and Plato'sCaveDweller