Killia

Killia

キリア
Sep 20, 2020
TLDR: planned CTB date was ages ago, failed due to an unexpected interruption and subsequent intervention. One of the only people I've ever talked to about these thoughts was my closest friend, but said friend has BPD and really came at my ankles today when I tried to talk about how miserable a past mistake had made me because they thought I was being a selfish cunt and didn't take their own feelings into mind. I'm just sick and tired of the cycle of borderline people and one of the only people that I could really talk to is turning into an unstable person in turn right before my eyes. I would give anything to get the materials I had back to CTB again, as they weren't easy to obtain.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine and nosurpries
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would personally see it as best to distance myself from someone like that. We are all already suffering enough without other people making things worse. I also think that other people should have no right to stop our ctb attempts. Our personal decisions about our lives should be respected and it is cruel to try and force people to live. I'm sorry that you are stuck in this situation.

Reactions: Brianiskillingme and chloramine
Killia

Killia

キリア
Sep 20, 2020
I would personally see it as best to distance myself from someone like that. We are all already suffering enough without other people making things worse. I also think that other people should have no right to stop our ctb attempts. Our personal decisions about our lives should be respected and it is cruel to try and force people to live. I'm sorry that you are stuck in this situation.
The prospect of it just hurts, I know that part of it is out of this person's control, but I'm just so tired, most days I regret even being able to open my eyes in the morning when I know so many people out there that would kill for the chance of some kind of stability, even if I'm slumming through life. Thank you for your comment, aside.

Reactions: chloramine
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
If you can't or don't want to cut them off you could try setting firm boundaries. I don't know your situation so it's hard to brainstorm what that might look like, but it sounds like your current situation is untenable

Killia

Killia

キリア
Sep 20, 2020
If you can't or don't want to cut them off you could try setting firm boundaries. I don't know your situation so it's hard to brainstorm what that might look like, but it sounds like your current situation is untenable
It does feel untenable, constantly, and when I try to set down boundaries I am just accused of being insensitive and uncaring.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine
Idkaho2

Idkaho2

Dec 18, 2021
Sure, it's "out of their control" (they aren't willing to admit responsibility) to the extent that they have the emotional regulation of a toddler and aren't willing to deal with things like adults do. You're not going to fix them. Just drop the friendship and don't look back. They'll find another person to latch onto as soon as they realize they can't be an emotional succubus towards you anymore. I don't have any patience for borderline people anymore.
t. diagnosed BPD