• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

wherearewenow

Nov 23, 2023
i have received so much transphobia at the hands of cisgender queer ppl. lesbians can famously be pretty transphobic (especially to me, as a trans woman), usually through subtle microagressions but often through being a full blown TERF. i've heard from my trans man friends that gay men are even worse, gay men can be so transphobic it pushes gay trans men into sapphic/lesbian spaces rather than gay men's spaces.

I've even received a TON of transphobia from nonbinary people (usually cis-passing people who were assigned female at birth).

and the worst part is you can't call them out on it. if you tell a true ally they're being transphobic, they'll apologize. if you tell a cis queer "ally" they're being transphobic however, they lean on their queerness and get defensive.

obviously not all queer people are like that, most i've been close with in real life are very good. but it just hurts so bad that our own "community" hates us :(

• Hugs
Reactions: scarlet-pixie, EvisceratedJester, Sannti and 1 other person
W

wherearewenow

Nov 23, 2023
I'm not transsex myself, but I personally find the "DrWillPowers" and "Transmedical" subreddits to be the only sane LGBT communities. The latter can at times be somewhat homophobic and a-phobic, however.
the transmedicalists are often very gross to nonbinary people. many nonbinary people are very dear to my heart, and i can't participate in transmed/truscum spaces because of that :(

Reactions: 3/4Dead and EvisceratedJester
W

wherearewenow

Nov 23, 2023
because these people are my friends. i've talked to them just like any other of my friends. sure, many nonbinary people don't medically transition, but many do—one of my former nonbinary friends got top surgery and another is planning on going on estrogen. the people who are a threat to us as trans people are cisgender conservatives, not someone who prefers to go by they/them
also i propose this: sure, it's hard for certain regions of the brain to be non-dimorphic. but what about a combination? what if some regions of the brain are male and some regions are female? that would effectively make a gender that is a blend between the two

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
because these people are my friends. i've talked to them just like any other of my friends. sure, many nonbinary people don't medically transition, but many do—one of my former nonbinary friends got top surgery and another is planning on going on estrogen. the people who are a threat to us as trans people are cisgender conservatives, not someone who prefers to go by they/them
also i propose this: sure, it's hard for certain regions of the brain to be non-dimorphic. but what about a combination? what if some regions of the brain are male and some regions are female? that would effectively make a gender that is a blend between the two
There's no such thing as male and female brains! And even less chimera brains with a male area here and a female area there (except possibly for the extremely rare people who are actual chimera and have different sets of DNA in different parts of the body). Brains have no gender. There are a few characteristics that may be more present in one gender than the other (like female brains having a more developed language processing centre and males having better spatial awareness), but they don't exactly define anything. There are females with very poor language skills, average language skills and excellent language skills. And so there are males! And these things are also influenced by upbringing and society, so... They do t really define gender.

As for your initial post... There are all sorts of people in every group. Lots of preconceived ideas, lots of misunderstanding, of not wanting to understand... I'm ace. We're no even really a part of the lgbtqabcd community no matter how many letters you add. We're robots, we're animals... I also think nice things of them. I understand that aces are not physically distinguishable from your average population, while trans people often are and therefore more easily targeted. But the feeling is there all the same. It takes time, it takes familiarity, it takes a lot of talking in trying to explain your thoughts and feelings, and even then some people still won't accept you. And, more importantly, sometimes they even do but there are things that just don't make all that sense to them, or they have other perspectives. As long as they're not abusive, I'm all for live and let live.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
@wherearewenow
They... are not "nonbinary", they are cissex. Some cissex individuals do partially or even fully transition but not due to sex dysphoria. Being "nonbinary" isn't physically/biologically possible.
They are also one of the main reasons conservative politicians make transitioning restricted in many countries, which is why transmedicalists often lash out at them.
Gender is considered to be a social construct, so it not being "biologically possible" doesn't mean shit.
Sex is a classification based on biological differences—for example, differences between males and females rooted in their anatomy or physiology. By contrast, gender is a classification based on the social construction (and maintenance) of cultural distinctions between males and females.
Also, many non-binary individuals do transition. Negative Legend is a good example with this, with their transition involving them taking HRT in order to give themselves a more feminine/androgens appearance. Conservatives make it difficult to transition because they hate those who don't align with their narrow views of world. Non-binary people could a be zapped out of existence at this very moment and I promise you that they'll still be just as transphobic as they are right now.

• Love
Reactions: scarlet-pixie
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
@EvisceratedJester
I never mentioned anything about social gender/gender roles. As for the rest, one doesn't need to have a medical condition to pursue treatment. Taking insulin doesn't make one diabetic, only having insulin issues does, regardless of whether those issues are treated or not.
If your intention is to change my mind, then I am not interested in further discussion, I'm afraid.
Um, to do HRT you need to be evaluated first. Even the person I mentioned as an example, if I remember correctly, openly talked about having to go through psychological evaluations before they could get to do HRT. Either way, why the fuck do you give a shit about non-binary people's existence anyway? If they find that the labels of man and woman are too restrictive for them and they decide that being non-binary helps them feel more comfortable with their gender then who cares? You people keep on trying to appeal to Conservatives as if they give a shit. They hate transpeople, non-binary or not. All transmedicalist are doing is screwing shit up for other gender queer individuals. It's basically the equivalent to when black people suck up to racist dumbasses.

Reactions: scarlet-pixie and wherearewenow