T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
For some reason i remembered this story about how i realised with full clarity that there's no soul in humans.
It was a new year back in 2017, i was at my cousin's, we were partying, lots of alcohol etc. I was pretty wasted already and there was this guy who as i suppose was a drug dealer. He didn't say it outright, but the shit he was telling us, the stories - they heavily hinted that he was dealing. And at some, after half of the guests left he proposed my cousing, me and some other dude to try some shit he had on hand for free. I didn't know then and don't know what it was exactly, but when my cousin asked me "are you in?" I agreed. It was somethig we smoked from small pipe, ligting it with a lighter. At first i didn't feel anything, but it hit me after couple of minutes. I was telling myself to stay sober, to keep myself under control, that it's just effects of the shit etc. Tried to hold my composure in other words. And then it hit me even more, i was seeing stuff, houses, my old neighborhood etc. I was walking and talking, then trying to recall if it was for real or not, i lost the sense of reality completely at some point.
And then this thought struck me with full clarity: there's no soul, there's nothing beyond the computer made out of meat, and which can be manipulated by absolutely earthly substances like i took that day. Maybe it doesn't sound much, but this exact moment i just sunk in, it was like when you find out about an optical illusion and after that can't see it again. It was like some switch turned in my head.
I don't know whether it was for better or worse, it was the only time i tried drugs and this is what i extracted from that experience.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, birthdayboy, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

The sun rises to insult me.
Jul 15, 2024
And then this thought struck me with full clarity: there's no soul, there's nothing beyond the computer made out of meat, and which can be manipulated by absolutely earthly substances like i took that day.
It is a funny realisation, but I arrived to more or less a similar conclusion after taking antidepressants and mood stabilizers for the first time. Up until then, although I had heard of things like LSD and mushrooms, it never fully "hit" me that the brain is just another thing that can be messed with to alter perception.

Reactions: birthdayboy and the_last_race