N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I had a pretty good day with my friends. Great day. However, college starts soon and it is pure torture for me. My dad wants to give me 200 hundred Euros if I buy a new laptop. I want to buy one for roundabout 400 Euros.

I have barely knowledge which one to buy. I want to buy it from Amazon because of the warranty. I cannot post the exact links (I could theoretically) but they are on German. I have two laptops one for home. From HP and I am pretty fine with it. It works since roundabout 8 years without problems. The battery is too bad for college though. I bought one from Lenovo two and a half year ago. It was recommened from people in this forum. On paper it had good stats for 379 Euros. However, Lenovo seems to have bugs with the WLAN and I could not fix it thus far. At least when I am at home. This is why I don't want a Lenovo again.

I Have here two both from Amazon.
My first candidate. From HP. For 419 Euros. 20 GB Ram and 1000 GB Storage.

The biggest issue with this product is: it is a demonstration model or sample. It was used 14 days for this purpose. 419 Euros. I am not sure how bad the thing with the demonstration model is. It is very important for me that the battery is good. Moreover, it needs an USB-C for charging as option in order to use a powerbank if the battery become old and used.

Brand: HP Color: 15.6 inches FullHD Hard drive size 1000 GB CPU model Ryzen 5 Installed RAM size: 20 GB Windows 11 Pro operating system Radeon graphics coprocessor CPU Clock Speed 4 GHz Description of the SSD hard drive Item weight: 1.7 kg

Note: This offer is a demonstration device, approx. 14 days old, no scratches on display or keyboard, complete scope of delivery, Windows is freshly installed The laptop is equipped with a super-fast Ryzen 5 5500U 12-thread processor that provides more than enough power for office, home work, and gaming Special features: super light 1.7 kg, quiet cooling, Full-HD display, 20 GB DDR4 RAM, webcam, HDMI, headphone jack, microphone, USB 3.0microphone, Bluetooth, USB 3.0 The laptop device is very quietly cooled and very light, so nothing stands in the way of relaxed work / Internet surfing Windows 11 Prof. 64-bit is installed with all drivers, and a Microsoft Office package is also included as a full version

Brand ‎HPManufacturer ‎HPPackaging dimensions ‎59.5 x 39.5 x 10.5 cm; 1.7 kilogramsModel number ‎7302Color ‎15.6 inch FullHDDisplay size ‎15.6 inchNotebook display technology ‎LEDScreen resolution ‎1920 x 1080 pixelsResolution ‎1920x1080 pixelsProcessor brand ‎AMDProcessor type ‎Ryzen 5Processor speed ‎4 GHzProcessor socket ‎FP6Processor cores ‎1RAM size ‎20 GBStorage technology ‎DDR4Storage type ‎DDR4 SDRAMMax. supported size ‎20 GBHard drive size ‎1000 GBHard drive technology ‎SSDHard drive interface ‎Serial ATAGraphics coprocessor ‎RadeonWLAN Type ‎802.11bgnHardware Platform ‎PCOperating System ‎Windows 11 ProItem Weight ‎1.7 KilogramsGuaranteed Software Updates Until ‎unknown

Features:Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, 12 thread CPU, 4.00 GHz (normally 2.1 GHz without load, automatically clocks to 4.0 GHz under load)RAM: 20 GB DDR4SSD: 1000 GB, Windows and applications start lightning fast3D graphics chip: AMD Vega 7-Core Graphics 4GB shared, speeds up many gamesDisplay: matte 39cm (15.6"), Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels, HD BrightView with LED backlightDimensions and weight: 376x253x22.7mm, 1.7 kgBattery: lithium ion, 3600 mAh, ~6 hours runtime with normal office workUSB: yes, 2x USB 2.0 + USB 3.2A + USB 3.2C (USB-C)Wi-Fi: Wireless LAN 802.11 B/G/NLAN: Gigabit LANBluetooth: yesWebcam: yesCard reader: yes, SD and MMCConnections: 4xUSB, HDMI, card reader, LANSound: stereo speakersOperating system: Original Microsoft Windows 11 Professional 64 Bit pre-installed with all drivers, without advertising software or similarOffice: Microsoft Office 2010 Starter including Word and Excel 2010, no subscription required, unlimited termVirus scanner and internet protection: GData Internet Security (latest version) full version, including 6-month updates Warranty: 2-year warranty in the event of damage exclusively directly from shinobee, not from HP (legal provisions)

Now my second candidate. 398 Euros. Not a demonstration model. They pretend usually it costs 634 Euros. Never had an ASUS. I don't know shit about this brand.
Info about this articleSharp, full HD 15.6 inch (1920 × 1080) OLED NanoEdge display in 16:9 format with 84% screen-to-body ratio, IPS panel, 250 nits.Dynamic movement, strong colors, clear images at every brightness level, less harmful blue light and a never-before-seen blackness are what make an OLED display. You can look forward to these advantages with the 15.6 inch full HD display of the Vivobook Go 15 OLED.High performance at all times thanks to the AMD Ryzen 5 7520U processor and integrated AMD Radeon processor graphics.A 50Wh battery with fast-charge technology to 60% in just 49 minutes.The light weight of just 1.6kg and a thickness of just 17.9mm offer high mobilityAI is becoming more and more important and the Vivobook 15 Go also makes use of it! The built-in ambient microphone is equipped with the latest AI noise-cancelling technology. Noises in your environment are effectively filtered and not recorded. This means you can make sharp and clear calls, even if you are sitting in a café or a dog is barking.ASUS ensures that your laptop keeps its promises. The robustness of the Vivobook Go 15 OLED was proven by tests based on the US military standard MIL-STD 810H. The notebook was tested in over 20 tests for scratch resistance, vibration, temperature extremes and many other factors.Thanks to ASUS ErgoSense technology, the keyboard of the Vivobook Go 15 OLED supports you even when typing for long periods of time. A generous key surface and the curved shape allow you to type comfortably, meaning your fingers do not cramp even after a long time.
Brand ‎ASUSManufacturer ‎ASUS ComputerModel/Series ‎E1504FA-L1272WPackaging Dimensions ‎48.1 x 29.2 x 6.4 cm; 1.63 kilogramsBatteries ‎1 Lithium-ion batteries required (included).Model number ‎E1504FA-L1272WColor ‎Cool SilverDisplay size ‎15.6 inchesScreen resolution ‎1920 x 1080 pixelsResolution ‎1920x1080 pixelsProcessor brand ‎AMDProcessor type ‎Ryzen 5Processor speed ‎2.8 GHzProcessor cores ‎4Memory size ‎8 GBStorage technology ‎DDR5Memory type ‎DDR5 RAMMax. supported size ‎16 GBHard drive size ‎16 GBHard drive technology ‎SSDHard drive interface ‎PCIE x 4Chipset manufacturer ‎AMDDescription Graphics card ‎IntegratedGraphics card memory ‎L2 cacheInterface Graphics card ‎PCI ExpressWLAN type ‎Bluetooth, 802.11axNumber of USB 2.0 interfaces ‎1Number of USB 3.0 interfaces ‎2Number of HDMI interfaces ‎1Optical storage ‎No optical driveOperating system ‎Windows 11 HomeBatteries included ‎YesLithium battery capacity ‎50 watt hoursLithium battery weight ‎250 gramsNumber of lithium-ion cells ‎3Item weight ‎1.63 kilogramsGuaranteed software updates until ‎unknown

I am tired it was a long day. And I cannot find more good offers with the time I have. What are your opinions on these two?

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
They're both pretty decent. If you can get the first laptop with 16GB Ram I would go for that, as the processor is better. 2x8GB Ram typically works better than 8GB or an odd Ram amount such as 12 or 20GB (this usually indicates a custom configuration that isn't ideal as far as performance).

Generally what you want to do is make sure you have an NVME drive of high capacity (but standard SSD is okay too).

The next thing to do is check the CPU score on a benchmark website. I use https://www.cpubenchmark.net/. This site gives your (prospective) processor an overall score (higher is better, anything over or close to 15,000 will be plenty fast for everyday use).

If you plan on using your computer for gaming then you should also use a video card benchmark site to check the score of the built-in graphics. I use https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ and again, higher is better. Check YouTube videos for performance demos of the various cards too if that's something you're concerned about.

That about sums it up. It's hard to really go wrong with anything available these days as long as you do your homework a bit.

Edit: some mistakes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: avoid and noname223
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
tldr

• Yay!
Reactions: damienlerone03 and LifeQuitter
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
The answer is CTRL, ALT, DEL. It's always CTRL, ATL, DEL. If that somehow doesn't work (which is impossible), then smack all of the laptops to decide which one you should buy. A good laptop will retaliate while a bad one will cower in fear, demonstrating how much of a pathetic worthless beta they are.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter and Downdraft
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I realized both of them can't be charged with USB-C barely any cheap laptop can be charged this way.

I found a laptop that can be charged with USB-A and has a strong battery.

My new favorite is an Acer Aspire 5 for 499 Euros usually it allegedly costs 674 Euros.

Acer Aspire 5 (A515-48M-R9J8) Laptop | 15.6" FHD display | AMD Ryzen 5 7530U | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD | AMD Radeon graphics | Windows 11 | QWERTZ keyboard | gray

Brand AcerModel name A515-48M-R9J8Color GrayHard drive size 1 TBCPU model Ryzen 5Installed RAM size 16 GBOperating system Windows 11 HomeSpecial feature Backlit keyboard, matte display, multi-gesture touchpad, fingerprint reader, numeric keypadBacklit keyboard, matte display, multi-gesture touchpad, fingerprint reader, num… Show moreGraphics card description IntegratedCPU clock speed 2 GHz

Info about this articlePROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 5 7530U (2.0 GHz base clock up to 4.5 GHz max. performance clock rate) GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon Graphics HARD DRIVE: 1,000 GB PCIe NVMe (SSD) MEMORY: 16 GB LPDDR4X RAMDISPLAY: Thanks to the FHD screen, you can experience razor-sharp images. WEBCAM: FHD webcamCONNECTIONS: 1xHDMI, 3xUSB 3.2 (2x USB Type-A Gen 1 (1x with power-off USB charging); 1x Type-C Gen 1), 1x audio connection, WIRELESS: Bluetooth 5.2, WLANBATTERY LIFE: Up to 8.5 hours (based on the MobileMark 2018 test) BATTERY: Li-Ion battery (3 cells / 48.85 Wh) AREA OF APPLICATION: Thanks to the numerous functions of the Acer Aspire 5, you can complete countless tasks. With the latest Intel Core processors and NVIDIA graphics cards (depending on the model), you can experience razor-sharp multitasking and pursue your passions.SCOPE OF DELIVERY: Acer Aspire 5, power supply KEYBOARD: illuminated, number pad, QWERTZ layout | TOUCHPAD | FINGERPRINT SENSOR
Brand ‎AcerManufacturer ‎AcerModel/Series ‎A515-48M-R9J8Packaging Dimensions ‎50.29 x 31 x 6.6 cm; 1.74 kilogramsModel number ‎NX.KJ9EG.00BColor ‎GrayForm factor ‎NotebookDisplay size ‎15.6 inchesScreen resolution ‎1920 x 1080 pixelsResolution ‎1920x1080 pixelsProcessor brand ‎AMDProcessor type ‎Ryzen 5Processor speed ‎2 GHzProcessor cores ‎6Storage technology ‎LPDDR4XMax. supported size ‎16 GBHard drive size ‎1 TBHard drive technology ‎SSDChipset manufacturer ‎AMDDescription graphics card ‎IntegratedGraphics card memory ‎SharedInterface graphics card ‎IntegratedNumber of USB 3.0 interfaces ‎3Optical storage ‎No optical driveOperating system ‎Windows 11 HomeItem weight ‎1.74 kilogramsGuaranteed software updates until ‎unknown

What do you think about it?

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I realized both of them can't be charged with USB-C barely any cheap laptop can be charged this way.

My new favorite is an Acer Aspire 5 for 499 Euros usually it allegedly costs 674 Euros.

Acer Aspire 5 (A515-48M-R9J8) Laptop | 15.6" FHD display | AMD Ryzen 5 7530U | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD | AMD Radeon graphics | Windows 11 | QWERTZ keyboard | gray

Brand AcerModel name A515-48M-R9J8Color GrayHard drive size 1 TBCPU model Ryzen 5Installed RAM size 16 GBOperating system Windows 11 HomeSpecial feature Backlit keyboard, matte display, multi-gesture touchpad, fingerprint reader, numeric keypadBacklit keyboard, matte display, multi-gesture touchpad, fingerprint reader, num… Show moreGraphics card description IntegratedCPU clock speed 2 GHz

Info about this articlePROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 5 7530U (2.0 GHz base clock up to 4.5 GHz max. performance clock rate) GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon Graphics HARD DRIVE: 1,000 GB PCIe NVMe (SSD) MEMORY: 16 GB LPDDR4X RAMDISPLAY: Thanks to the FHD screen, you can experience razor-sharp images. WEBCAM: FHD webcamCONNECTIONS: 1xHDMI, 3xUSB 3.2 (2x USB Type-A Gen 1 (1x with power-off USB charging); 1x Type-C Gen 1), 1x audio connection, WIRELESS: Bluetooth 5.2, WLANBATTERY LIFE: Up to 8.5 hours (based on the MobileMark 2018 test) BATTERY: Li-Ion battery (3 cells / 48.85 Wh) AREA OF APPLICATION: Thanks to the numerous functions of the Acer Aspire 5, you can complete countless tasks. With the latest Intel Core processors and NVIDIA graphics cards (depending on the model), you can experience razor-sharp multitasking and pursue your passions.SCOPE OF DELIVERY: Acer Aspire 5, power supply KEYBOARD: illuminated, number pad, QWERTZ layout | TOUCHPAD | FINGERPRINT SENSOR
Brand ‎AcerManufacturer ‎AcerModel/Series ‎A515-48M-R9J8Packaging Dimensions ‎50.29 x 31 x 6.6 cm; 1.74 kilogramsModel number ‎NX.KJ9EG.00BColor ‎GrayForm factor ‎NotebookDisplay size ‎15.6 inchesScreen resolution ‎1920 x 1080 pixelsResolution ‎1920x1080 pixelsProcessor brand ‎AMDProcessor type ‎Ryzen 5Processor speed ‎2 GHzProcessor cores ‎6Storage technology ‎LPDDR4XMax. supported size ‎16 GBHard drive size ‎1 TBHard drive technology ‎SSDChipset manufacturer ‎AMDDescription graphics card ‎IntegratedGraphics card memory ‎SharedInterface graphics card ‎IntegratedNumber of USB 3.0 interfaces ‎3Optical storage ‎No optical driveOperating system ‎Windows 11 HomeItem weight ‎1.74 kilogramsGuaranteed software updates until ‎unknown

I am desperate for a take on this laptop.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

I am on the edge of ordering this one. But I am not sure whether that's a good deal. According to CPU comparisons the CPU is very good but honestly you could probably sell me anything. It has only 4 of 5 stars on Amazon. What do you think? For 500 Euros.

lookup

lookup

Sep 15, 2024
Bump please I need help. uwu
if battery is your main concern get a Mac, but sorry im not in a Euro region i dont know how expensive those are there and couldnt be bothered to look up

• Informative
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I bought it now. I found the deal on a website with a lot of tech savvy people and they said it is a solid deal. Thanks for all your help to the people who tried to give me advices.

Reactions: Spreadingmywings