wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
well, I've pissed away yet another terrible job, and only 3 weeks in this time. usually i manage to hold it together for about 3 months

process was accelerated by a particularly abusive coworker, who was passive aggressive and made constant efforts to sabotage me at work and make me look stupid in front of the supervisor. projected and blamed all of his problems or mistakes on me. told the supervisor a bunch of lies about me, especially that i was lazy and didn't do anything.

i worked my ass off and worked very efficiently, and was able to do so without micromanaging. there was one other guy that could advocate for me as a witness, but he was discredited by bogus rumors that we were fucking (apparently you aren't allowed to get along with someone). plus he's bipolar and nobody takes you seriously if you're ~crazy~

anyway I broke down really quickly and made myself so sick that I called in yesterday via email...never got a response back, and I'm pretty certain that job is out

I'm so tired of this cycle. I can never hold it together, and I hate the grind. I hate it so much, it makes me sick, depressed, anxious, psychotic
Though I'm not sure what else I can do, other than go through months or years of waiting to get on disability, just to exist on barely enough money. in the meantime... well, I've made myself pretty much unhirable at this point. so I'm just about out of options

really tired and jaded over the fact that you are just fucked if you're sick. you're not seen as valuable or productive so you can fuck off and rot.
funny because I don't mind working, in fact I thrive on having something to do and being useful. but decent treatment and maybe slight accomodations for when I have bad days are too much to ask for

I'm so sick. i don't know what to do... i feel my mind slipping into a deep depression and psychosis, and I know I can't stop it. just ride it out, i just want to know how the a bitch can like, not starve to death while balls deep in a mental breakdown.

i can't even construct a proper sentence, how am I supposed to feed myself

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 52shriek, Jen Erik and 8 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
everything hurts so much

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Hugs, I feel for you!
I also never managed to hold a full time job, so now I'm on disability, but it's not nearly enough to survive, so I work part time online from home. In there I only talk to my manager, so there is no coworker bullshit. Maybe you can consider applying for jobs where you work alone or there isn't much interaction with coworkers? I hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: sólstafir, GreenLantern and wiIIow
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I can relate to what you are saying 100 % I quit my last job back in Nov of 2017 and haven't worked since and as of right now I don't plan on going back to work ever again. I was in the workforce for 25 years and every where I went it was the same cycle of crap from all the super buttholes and super morons that are out there.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018, weedoge and 2 others
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
Sounds like assholes at work are all too common.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jodes, mattwitt and 1 other person
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I'm experiencing this as well. It's abusive and humiliating to put up with this shit and if a person lives with depression at anxiety bosses and coworkers pickup on that and use it against them. This is one of the reasons I want to die — I can't see myself working with this constant stress and abuse for decades.

I went through long periods of unemployment because i'd left awful jobs in the past and that made me look bad to other employers. It's always the worker's fault no matter how abusive or unhealthy the work environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 52shriek, Jodes and 2 others
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
well, I've pissed away yet another terrible job, and only 3 weeks in this time. usually i manage to hold it together for about 3 months

process was accelerated by a particularly abusive coworker, who was passive aggressive and made constant efforts to sabotage me at work and make me look stupid in front of the supervisor. projected and blamed all of his problems or mistakes on me. told the supervisor a bunch of lies about me, especially that i was lazy and didn't do anything.

i worked my ass off and worked very efficiently, and was able to do so without micromanaging. there was one other guy that could advocate for me as a witness, but he was discredited by bogus rumors that we were fucking (apparently you aren't allowed to get along with someone). plus he's bipolar and nobody takes you seriously if you're ~crazy~

anyway I broke down really quickly and made myself so sick that I called in yesterday via email...never got a response back, and I'm pretty certain that job is out

I'm so tired of this cycle. I can never hold it together, and I hate the grind. I hate it so much, it makes me sick, depressed, anxious, psychotic
Though I'm not sure what else I can do, other than go through months or years of waiting to get on disability, just to exist on barely enough money. in the meantime... well, I've made myself pretty much unhirable at this point. so I'm just about out of options

really tired and jaded over the fact that you are just fucked if you're sick. you're not seen as valuable or productive so you can fuck off and rot.
funny because I don't mind working, in fact I thrive on having something to do and being useful. but decent treatment and maybe slight accomodations for when I have bad days are too much to ask for

I'm so sick. i don't know what to do... i feel my mind slipping into a deep depression and psychosis, and I know I can't stop it. just ride it out, i just want to know how the a bitch can like, not starve to death while balls deep in a mental breakdown.

i can't even construct a proper sentence, how am I supposed to feed myself

IKR. I don't mind working but abusive coworkers and narcissistic managers make it kind of hard to keep a job.

I don't know what country you live in, but if you have a car you could get a job at least part time as a delivery driver/courier of some sort. I did ubereats and instacart for awhile. That way you can work by yourself and aren't around others much. But the downside is they don't pay for your gas, sometimes you don't make that much money, and you pay more in taxes as an independent contractor.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, wiIIow and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Modern workplaces are a disaster. It's just a popularity contest. If you're not with the "in" crowd you may as well forget it, because it's not the work you put in, it's what your douchebag superior thinks to tell their own superior about you. That's an unwinnable situation, because they want to appear better than you and are in direct competition with you. Plus it's easy to hate on the newcomer. Add all that up and they have no incentive to put in a good word for you. My poor gf has this problem all the time. She works like a dog but is an introvert, and her coworkers always pick on her and eventually bully her out of her job.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GreenLantern and wiIIow
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
My average job lasted a week so don't feel bad. Some if your feelings will pass.im sure you don't give a shit about anything about the bastards soon enough. It was clearly them, not you.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GreenLantern and wiIIow
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Self employment?
Or my old favourite, build a log cabin in Greenland, eat penguins, no job necessary, no wait for beaurocrats. Nightmare, it's that enormous crack we fall into. Society....
In think self employment is about the only way to fill the gaps. Especially if you do it as the same time as benefits

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and wiIIow
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
IKR. I don't mind working but abusive coworkers and narcissistic managers make it kind of hard to keep a job.

I don't know what country you live in, but if you have a car you could get a job at least part time as a delivery driver/courier of some sort. I did ubereats and instacart for awhile. That way you can work by yourself and aren't around others much. But the downside is they don't pay for your gas, sometimes you don't make that much money, and you pay more in taxes as an independent contractor.

Those are the perfect words to describe what I had to put up with at my last job "Abusive coworkers and narcissistic managers" I'd also like to add that one of the managers where I worked was just an "Evil screaming dictator" who didn't care about anybody's job or livelihood at all.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GreenLantern, Jodes and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Modern workplaces are a disaster. It's just a popularity contest. If you're not with the "in" crowd you may as well forget it, because it's not the work you put in, it's what your douchebag superior thinks to tell their own superior about you. That's an unwinnable situation, because they want to appear better than you and are in direct competition with you. Plus it's easy to hate on the newcomer. Add all that up and they have no incentive to put in a good word for you. My poor gf has this problem all the time. She works like a dog but is an introvert, and her coworkers always pick on her and eventually bully her out of her job.

yeah this is exactly my situation in most jobs I go to... all i want is to be left alone and yet it always feels like im in fucking school again, getting abused despite working as hard as I can and laying low. like sorry I don't have the proper social skills or the ability to kiss the right peoples' asses... just leave me alone and let me work

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GreenLantern, Jodes and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018

I have actually looked into that option, unfortunately I'm a little worried because my car is a piece of shit and could break down at any time

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GreenLantern and Jodes
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
yeah this is exactly my situation in most jobs I go to... all i want is to be left alone and yet it always feels like im in fucking school again, getting abused despite working as hard as I can and laying low. like sorry I don't have the proper social skills or the ability to kiss the right peoples' asses... just leave me alone and let me work

That's all I ever want but instead I either get joined to the hip to someone who decides to turn me into their own personal assistant slave boy or I end up supervising people who are impossible to train or supervise and give me a hard time and work against me.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GreenLantern, wiIIow and 1 other person