Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
If you won a million in cash, boom, but you only had 6 months to spend it! What would you do with it?

Running Out Of Time GIF by MGM+
Young Dolph Money GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

Reactions: Lostandlooking, mikgazer6, sserafim and 2 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
If the end date is a brutal disease I have to suffer through, then I would fly to Peru, buy N, then donate the rest to the pro-choice cause and drink the N.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Are investments off the table? Otherwise pay off the mortgage. Home ownership and actual freedom.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm buying $1 million in GameStop stocks. Surely it can't go wrong this time.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: rosepanda, retention and derpyderpins
damienlerone03

damienlerone03

reject humanity, return to monke
May 5, 2024
1 million on red.

JOKINGGGGGGGGG (or am I🤔), i'd probably put it in an investing account hoping that counts as spending if not, material assets so i can sell them for more money or something, and some donations to some charities.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Sylveon
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'd just spend it to get nembutal and CTB. I don't have the energy nor motivation to invest. The moment I get a chance to peacefully escape the world, I'll use that chance

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
Opossum

Opossum

Jul 29, 2024
If you won a million in cash, boom, but you only had 6 months to spend it! What would you do with it?

Running Out Of Time GIF by MGM+
Young Dolph Money GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop
Well one, ied buy a car, house, the and land the house is built on. (House and land most likely the cheepist liveable one on the market).
Two, buy a full art set up for digital art, furniture/ clothing customization supplies, craft supplies (for Jewelry makeing, sculpting, sewing, ect. Ect.).
Three, start making things to sell, turning everything in arms reach into a pretty piece of art then sell it to whoever wants it.
Four, once i start makeing a continuous income of my own, spend the rest of the money on gameing consoles, and a gameing YouTuber set up.
Five, make videos of games and art.
Six, buy a zoo that is ethical and helps the animals ether be rehabilitated into the wild or keeps them safe and happy for the rest of there lifes if they cant go back to the wild.
Seven, hire someone to manage the zoo and keep me updated on it all.
Eight, get myself a army of pets, from dogs, cats, rats and of course at least one opossum that all live with me in my property.
Nine, live comfortably im my costumeized home with my pets.

If this plan doesn't work then my plan B would be to use the drugs and supplies i would buy in the beginning to CTB if the investments fail miserably.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Go traveling all around the world, then buy nembutal and ctb

Reactions: untothedepths and ijustwishtodie
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Wouldn't you invest as well?
Yes I would, but it also depends on how long I want to live for. In a previous comment, I said that I wanted to invest, but honestly I don't want to live that long, so investing is kind of futile because I won't even be alive to get the monetary gains

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
Probably just find the best way to leave this planet and put the rest to charity. Like an actual charity and not just some rich boys asset shuffle.

• Love
Reactions: DarkRange55
C

Cute_&_Loving

I like trinkets:)
May 10, 2023
Would donate to animal shelters/charity, leave some to my mum, and buy some N for me

N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
Pay off my debt, buy a CPAP machine for an online friend, donate to St. Jude's, take a one way trip somewhere beautiful and find a way to die... If I'm not dead later and my mood improves, I may revise my answer lol

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Wouldn't you invest as well?
A friend of mine, most of his clients are retired or very close to it. Many of them are living off the interest/dividends generated by their portfolio. They don't come to him with $1,000,000 and ask him to turn it into $5 million (thats my other friend's jobs). They come to him with their hard earned money and ask him to be a good steward, protect the capital, spin off an income stream and attempt to attain growth.

Say with $5 million you could have 20-30% in treasuries. Maybe some high-quality corporate debt like McDonalds bonds or whatever. And the rest could be in VT and you could retire.
You could just live on the interest and dividends. You could also look at annuities. If you don't care much about capital appreciation and want to have a stable cash flow and deferred taxes. You can also borrow against them so you don't have to pay capital gains. Plus there are different rules so they can't be attacked by creditors in the case of a legal problem. Additionally, tax free (Life insurance payout) income transferred to your heirs when you die.
Most people buy annuities for the guaranteed cash flow. But they are expensive and we don't do them as a matter of course instead we just build a bond ladder to get the income people are seeking. Annuities are guaranteed returns but lower. Basic investment rule diversify with bond, equity and real estate investments.

If you're a billionaire and you have all your money in short-term treasuries you're gonna be fine. You're not going to make much but you're not going to lose principal either. Not sure you're keeping up with inflation so you may be losing purchasing power. Probably about a historic breakeven – short term Treasuries and inflation. Also depends on age – a 90 year old billionaire is more concerned about capital preservation while a 20 year old billionaire would want to see some growth. Unless the 20 year old billionaire was super chill and just wanted to live a relaxed lifestyle, make 3% on $1 billion, $30 million a year, $2.5 million a month – you could squeak by on that…. (taxes notwithstanding…)
If you are a billionaire, then you could just buy a basket of well - selected individual bonds portfolio and usually hold to maturity. You can even do some short trading for some bonds… Depends on risk appetite. Billionaire's certainly could just buy bonds and live off the interest. Or do some trading. But anyone who's become a billionaire got there by taking some risk and that risk taking DNA doesn't just turn off. Billionaires will buy businesses that will provide cash flow and make them even more billions. They only hold cash and bonds for short term liquidity but otherwise are actively investing in businesses.
In today's market with yields as high as they are on the 2 & 10 years, their mix might be a bit higher. Most billionaires have some sort of a family office and hire the best traders. To do what? Trade over micro connections to the exchanges. Also Private Equity and Hedge Funds. But I would say there is not as much excitement about Bonds. In the early days, my mom would talk about clipping coupons because bonds were safe after so many got busted in the 1930s market. So growing up, a lot of her wealthy friends clipped coupons when that part of the bond matured. Then they went to the club for lunch.

For mere mortals in some situations the buy bonds and hold strategy is probably more sound. I have a friend who was a financial advisor, had someone come see him after interviewing a number of other advisors. She just inherited $5 million and the other advisors were telling her to buy stocks, buy bonds, buy mutual funds, we can get it to grow, etc. She said she lived simply, had SS and a pension, traveled a little but even if she tried she didn't think she could spend $100,000/year. Couldn't she just buy some CDs and make 5%, $250,000/year and call it good? My friend told her yes, she could certainly do that and given her non-appetite for risk it made a lot of sense. She wouldn't have inflation protection but she didn't care. She just wanted to protect the capital, live a stress free life and pass the money downstream to heirs. That's an example of where a person could just buy a bunch of bonds, clip the coupon and not worry about growth.

mikgazer6

mikgazer6

college student
Jul 1, 2024
Id disappear to somewhere else and give life a 2nd chance with a clean slate

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Give money to friends to get them out of the shitty circumstances they are in. Just about everyone I know is struggling to some extent financially. Then, just relax, visit some places, eat some nice food and look forward to my demise. Do we die at the end of the six months?

If not, then I'd probably try to be more careful to make it last longer.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'd use any money i can get my hands on to use toward helping make my only rational goal a reality, suicide asap.